Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-)

Go down 
+4
Ana
widukind
remowshake
SUSANNE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-) Empty
PostSubject: A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-)   A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-) EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:27 pm

No matter how much I tell myself : "I am only looking, I am only looking..", it is very dangerous for me to take a look at the Starlux models on Ebay.fr Shocked

There is always something I just can`t resist Rolling Eyes
Fortunately for my bank account I usually don`t win anything Laughing
But this time the seller was not trying to rub the buyer in shipping costs, so I could bid a little more, - and won 6 lovely models cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here a Barbarian sheep, - I wonder where the name comes from scratch
Perhaps he looks like he has the beard of a barbarian santa Laughing

AND the reason I HAD to bid : Isn`t that a wonderful Mandrill ? monkey cheers

Laughing Laughing Laughing

A very happy chimp Very Happy

I LOVE dromedaries, and this one is no exception Wink

And then the lions...but are they really Starlux models? Christophe and others, do you know ? scratch

I like them very much, whatever brand they are cat cat

This one COULD fit to my lioness, but the face is not painted in the usual Starlux-glossy way Suspect

This lion is absolutely wonderful IMHO, - but what brand is he ? Shocked Very Happy

remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-)   A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-) EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Congratulations Susanne ! They are really funny atractive!

Of course you can't resit, they have been made for it cheers cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-)   A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-) EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:14 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers Wonderful additions Susanne- big congratulations!! My favoutie is the barbary sheep!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-)   A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-) EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Great newcomers! i like them very much! Congratulations Susanne cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-)   A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-) EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Congrats Susanne! I like them all! Especially the lions! Now how are these in scale to the Schleich figures?

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-)   A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-) EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:02 pm

great finds Susanne! The Mandrill is especially impressive. Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-)   A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-) EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi
Great models and love the Barbary Sheep or Aoudad.They are named after the Barbary coast which was an old name for the the north coast of Africa on the Meditterranean Sea where pirates use to operate from!!Aoudad is a native African name for them!!Also love the Mandrill!!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-)   A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-) EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Congratulation for this batch Susanne cheers , both lions are STARLUX, the matt one was first made for the gladiator set.

Kristie wrote:
Congrats Susanne! I like them all! Especially the lions! Now how are these in scale to the Schleich figures?
-Kristie

Far smaller than SCHLEICH, they have the same size than the BRITAINS Wink

scot(t) wrote:
great finds Susanne! The Mandrill is especially impressive. Thank you for sharing.

You are right Scot, this mandrill is awesome, very finely sculpted Cool

Taos wrote:
Hi
Great models and love the Barbary Sheep or Aoudad.They are named after the Barbary coast which was an old name for the the north coast of Africa on the Meditterranean Sea where pirates use to operate from!!Aoudad is a native African name for them!!Also love the Mandrill!!

You are right Taos, I would be very happy to see a modern brand aoudad cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-)   A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

A barbarian ( !), two monkeys, two lions and a dromedary from Starlux :-)
Page 1 of 1