Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife

Go down 
+6
aandmkw
widukind
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
10 posters
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  Empty
PostSubject: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:20 pm

At Christophe's request, I'm attempting a "walkaround" of the Safari Warthog figure.

I should note that the pictures below were taken on three different occasions. Since I always use natural light, you'll notice that the color tones, lighting, contrast, and other qualities, differ a bit from angle to angle. I apologize. (On the other hand, that may actually be useful for giving people a better sense for the figure.)

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that Safari is no longer producing the figure. But of course, Safari is not Schleich, and so despite being retired, I have the feeling that the figure is still relatively easy to acquire in the US.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Slight close-up:

Looking down on the figure a bit:
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Thanks for all the great photos Scott! His paintwork is kinda stylised, but I like it.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:04 am

It is such a great, little model cheers
Amazing how they have sicceeded to make a warthog look so cute pig Laughing

Thannkyou for the wonderful walk around, Scot sunny

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:32 am

cheers cheers cheers I love it

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:22 pm

cheers cheers cheers A very nice warthog!! Thanks for the pics Scott!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Great photos. Thanks so much for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks Scott, that's a great walk around! Very Happy
The warthog of my collection is the Schleich boar but thanks to you I'm learning to like the Safari figure. In fact I'm not knowledgeable enough to check the subtile differentces between a common warthog and a desert warthog, also there are some differences among different subspecies of common warthogs what makes very hard to review these figures. The skull is different in several subspecies and also between males and females. A real hard task. So I only can say that I find the Schleich figure absolutly fantastic but with a huge lack of personality. Yes, the same story of ever. Warthogs are very nervous creatures and I like the Safari pose moving with the tail up as usual in these creatures, it makes a huge contrast with the pet looking of Schleich one. From readings, I found that warthogs are brown, dark brown or even black but not grey. Some wild boars are grey but not warthogs. I dislike a lot the furry looking of Safari warthog, much better the idea of sparse coat that we see in Schleich figure. :) The relatively long legs of Safari figure are not wrong at all, the picture is not the best but helps...
That's a desert warthog but there is no different proportions among species, only the desert warthogs are slightly smaller in average size. pig
About the head I only can judge it with both in hands, warts are very important to check correctly the shape and try to fit it in the correct subspecies. Very Happy
Sorry for long comment but I love walk arrounds, Schleich is still my favouirte but I want also the Safari, I can use them as different species! Laughing

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:54 pm

Thank you everybody! I really appreciate your comments.

HKHollinstone wrote:
His paintwork is kinda stylised, but I like it.

I know! I really haven't seen another figure (from a mainstream brand) like it in that respect. There are random splashes of paint here and there and rather than detracting from the figure or looking like mistakes, it is, as you put it, very stylized.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:02 am

Roger, thank you so much for your comment. And don't apologize for a "long" comment. It is really interesting to read your thoughts and the information you have to offer! If anything, I would urge you to write more long comments! They are always very much worth reading.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Thank you very much Scott for this great walkaround Very Happy

I can't tell about the subspecies confused But The Phacochoerus columbii is much more nervous than the Phacochoerus germanii Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 3:00 am

scot(t) wrote:
Roger, thank you so much for your comment. And don't apologize for a "long" comment. It is really interesting to read your thoughts and the information you have to offer! If anything, I would urge you to write more long comments! They are always very much worth reading.

Many thanks for your kind comments, Scott! Very Happy

Kikimalou wrote:

I can't tell about the subspecies confused But The Phacochoerus columbii is much more nervous than the Phacochoerus germanii Wink

Laughing monkey Laughing monkey Laughing drunken

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 6:04 am

Your's look better! The colors of mine is too flat!

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:22 pm

I like this one very much, because it looks like a prehistoric warrior warthog! That was my first impression when I saw the pic in your other post and that impression didn't go away!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 12:08 am

Bojan wrote:
I like this one very much, because it looks like a prehistoric warrior warthog! That was my first impression when I saw the pic in your other post and that impression didn't go away!

Wink Bojan, doesn't this one has a more pronounced prehistoric looking?
That's the AAA warthog from Susanne's collection. Some changes and you'll have a giant warthog! Laughing pig

By the way,, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has some nice AAA figures! Very Happy flower

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks Roger, I checked the AAA post, but I'll stick with my Big 5 brands for now!

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Thank you Christophe!

Kikimalou wrote:

Laughing

ken yeo wrote:
Your's look better! The colors of mine is too flat!

Ken, I'm glad you pointed that out. The moment you did, I realized that surely the painting is so stylized, they can't recreate exactly the same effect over and over again. It would interesting to compare different instances of the same figure.

Bojan wrote:

Bojan, it does!

Roger wrote:

Wink Bojan, doesn't this one has a more pronounced prehistoric looking?
That's the AAA warthog from Susanne's collection. Some changes and you'll have a giant warthog! Laughing pig

Roger, I love this warthog!! But I can never find AAA figures. They pop up on eBay occasionally, but usually at ridiculous prices. I think I may be with Bojan and have to stick with the brands that are easy to find.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife    Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife  Empty

Back to top Go down

Warthog 2007 Wild Safari Wildlife
Page 1 of 1