Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?

Go down 
+5
castlerigg
SUSANNE
widukind
Kristie
Ana
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? Empty
PostSubject: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:04 am

Hi! Today I found some animal figures in antique shop and I bought 2 of them. I like very much shape of the lioness and they both look rather cute for me. They are quite damaged but maybe I will try to repair them both a little. Also I think I probably will come back to this shop for Brazilian tapir which looks nice as well. I wonder if anybody here knows their brand? Very Happy study

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In the shop were also other figures: lion male and very funny looking monkey of unknown specie. If anyone i interested in getting them then I can help. All the animals had some damages unfortunately Rolling Eyes but prices were about new schleich figures so maybe reasonable :)

Last edited by ana on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:06 am

I don't know the brand, Anna, but they are really nice. I especially like the bear!

Please go get the tapir and post photos! :)

Congrats!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:13 am

I can say the same words like Kristie!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:31 am

Thank You very much Kristie and Andreas Very Happy I will come back for the tapir too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:40 pm

They are BEAUTYFUL, Ana cheers

Go get them all bounce bounce Laughing Laughing Laughing

castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple zoo animals, Ana. We will post some pics here for you as soon as we can. Lesley. Castlerigg.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Thank You Susanne and Sue and Lesley cheers Very Happy
Wow, You are real experts Sue and Lesley, I felt that You would knew it Very Happy Thank You very, very much cheers

Susanne, I'm considering buying them all, well maybe except the monkey, as it is quite strange looking Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 pm

That's exciting! Congratulations! Very Happy
If the monkey is a guenon like this or a Babboon like this I may be interested! monkey scratch

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:52 pm

Ana, Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple animals are my all-time favourites! How could I not recognise them?!

The picture above shows the biggest boxed set of Tipple-Topple zoo animals produced in 1924. Some of the moulds were replaced, but some were still in use in 1960, including your Lioness.

I would go back for the rest of them ... and who knows, maybe the strange-looking monkey is something special!

Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Gosh ! That set Shocked Shocked Shocked I love you drunken

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Lesley It's wonderful that I had a chance to find something from Your favorite brand, I also think these animals are lovely sculpted and every charming, lioness is very inspiring for me. I hope my previous words didn't sound like an ignorance Embarassed I'm very happy with my old newcomers cheers This box set which You showed is wonderful, what a great species all in one ox, it's a dream Very Happy
Do You think i shall repair these animals or it would be better if they stay untouched?

The monkey was something similar to the one above the giraffe from the box :) Is it kind of macaque?
I will buy rest of animals, they are indeed very charming and would be nice to say welcome to them Very Happy

Roger, the monkey was not like the baboon nor the guenon. It was on four legs like the one above the giraffe. I will take this monkey home and in case someone wants to adopt it then I can send it to new home :)

Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:51 pm

These are three Tipple-Topple composition Monkeys. The Macaque on the left was based on an engraving of a Barbary Ape which featured in a number of natural history books around 1910.

Hope this helps,

Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:05 pm

Super finds Anna!! They're wonderful cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Yes, it helps a lot Very Happy Thank You Lesley, great information. It's fascinating to know that it was based on engraving. Very Happy Fascinating history :)

Thank You Harriet! Now I can't wait to get others Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:08 pm

ana wrote:
Yes, it helps a lot Very Happy Thank You Lesley, great information. It's fascinating to know that it was based on engraving. Very Happy Fascinating history :)

Thank You Harriet! Now I can't wait to get others Very Happy

Congratulation Ana Very Happy , go for the others cheers
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Yes, the others would be good to have unless they are really badly damaged. I really like the Tipple Topple animals. I have just a couple but they are my best composition ones

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:11 pm

That's very informative, Sue and Lesley! Very Happy
I like the monkey anyway! monkey

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Thank You so much Kiki, Tim and Roger Very Happy I came back for others, You can see them in new topic here Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?   Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Vintage bear and lioness Pfeiffer's Tipple-Topple ?
Page 1 of 1