Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harriet's Papo additions

Go down 
+20
Taos
baltimore zoo
lucky luke
Joan Milelire
atabini
Wildheart
skysthelimit
Gabe
WILLYBACOMAN
Ana
Roger
Sergey
alexmotoc
aandmkw
Kikimalou
Kiryuha
ken yeo
Rio
Nova
HKHollinstone
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Kiryuha wrote:

Oh, I'd love to see your savanna shelves!
But maybe it'd be better to put some prey not far from the lions?

When it will be finish, I will share pics.

For the prey, don't worry, I will put a Schleich one lol!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Papo with Schleich and Treehousekids   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Again Harriet, the French invader is coming back Laughing

So here are some pics of the papo greater kudu with the Schleich one and the 2009 Treehousekids one. I add the last one because I think it is interresting to see what different manufacturers did with horns.

Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 DSC_8282

Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 DSC_8283

Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 DSC_8285

Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 DSC_8284

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun May 13, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:18 pm

The Treehousekids one is nice.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:34 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
The Treehousekids one is nice.

Thank you Harriet. IMHO it's not the best model ever but I like the thin horns ( so it's possible drunken ) and the small ears Wink
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:57 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Along with the Schleich Tapir I bought this, it's beautiful! I'm so happy with it. I was going to get the Gnu as well, but they didn't have it in stock.
Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 AhLUcGSMs8
Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 AaohAJQ0H9
Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 9gzP3thZDa
Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 Bg3VHmMIiPHarriet's Papo additions - Page 2 SICsRxoYoz
And for size with the Schleich Gnu
Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 XqcRJ0pmk6

...Hi! I did see this model, it,s no bad, but I think that Papo,s kudu is very big! It,s nearly as my elephants! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Oh! I lost the scales... I love scales!!! There are lot of scales 1:12, 1:20, 1:32, etc. etc.But the most important is the scale 1:Schleich!!! That's what I've tried to say to Kiryhua about the babboon. It's from a differente scale but fit or we have to work in plenty savannas with plenty scales.
I lost another thing... the thomson gazelle... Schleich told me that it's a Cuvier's Gazelle or there's another? It looks more like a Thomson but!!! Everybody says that it is a masterpiece but... the horns... and it looks like it swallowed a ball bigger than its body..! Is the real shape of a gazelle? And thomson or cuvieri it is huge... very huge!!! But I have one...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:40 pm

That's right ! Your elephants are too small Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
That's right ! Your elephants are too small Laughing

But both are from the same scale... 1:Schleich!!!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Roger wrote:
Oh! I lost the scales... I love scales!!! There are lot of scales 1:12, 1:20, 1:32, etc. etc.But the most important is the scale 1:Schleich!!! That's what I've tried to say to Kiryhua about the babboon. It's from a differente scale but fit or we have to work in plenty savannas with plenty scales.
I lost another thing... the thomson gazelle... Schleich told me that it's a Cuvier's Gazelle or there's another? It looks more like a Thomson but!!! Everybody says that it is a masterpiece but... the horns... and it looks like it swallowed a ball bigger than its body..! Is the real shape of a gazelle? And thomson or cuvieri it is huge... very huge!!! But I have one...

Indeed, as I said above, the Thomson's gazelle is "bigger" than the Papo greater kudu. I mean, not in size but in scale : The kudu is 1:16 and the Thomson's gazelle is 1:12.

Thomson's or Cuvier's ? Maybe it's a matter of size ? A Cuvier's gazelle is a little bit higher at shoulder than a Thomson's. 80 cm max against 70cm for a male
Nevertheless the Schleich is a female so if it is a Thomson's she can't exceed 60cm at shoulder...

THE THOMSON'S GAZELLE
Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 Thomson-Kilimanjaro

THE CUVIER'S GAZELLE
Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 Cuvieri-1

Other differences ? The Cuvier's body is darker than the Thomson's. The Cuviers' has got a darker spot on the muzzle and black spots on the foreleg knees. The Cuvier's tail is 100% black. The dark stripe on the body is less black than the Thomson's.

So confused Maybe the Schleich is a Cuvier's gazelle but it looks like a Thomson's gazelle Laughing

About the scale 1:Schleich Laughing . Nearly nothing is in scale in the Schleich lines but it's the same for Papo, Safari or Bulllyland. Wink

But I can understand Kiryl because it's easier to attenuate the scale problem when your models have the same style, the different scales are a little bit minimized. And you can always play as Kiryl with the places on the shelf when he avoid to put together two models with big scales differences like the elephants( 1:32) and the Thomson's gazelle (1:12).

Building a "same scale" collection is a real "pain in the ass" with modern lines Shocked

the only solutions are :
- You have enough places and money to make a lot of different shelves for different scales king
- You do like Danny and find someone who is able to provide you models at the same scale. farao
- You decide that your collection is at the same scale, even if it's not true. drunken
- You suffer a lot without finding a good solution No geek
- Like Kiryl, you try to find a compromise between scale and style scratch
- You stop hurting yourself with scales problems and collect the models you like. cheers

Good night.... And good luck Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Sergey wrote:
...Hi! I did see this model, it,s no bad, but I think that Papo,s kudu is very big! It,s nearly as my elephants! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks Sergey, yes it is big, but I love it cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Thank You for this topic Harriet, the model of Great Kudu is beautiful. Congratulations for having it! Shame for me I still don't have this model, but now I know I must get it cyclops
Christophe thank You for photos with comparison and thank You for counting all scales for us Very Happy Even in many scales but these antelopes looks nice together representing many species-I like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:10 am

ana wrote:
Thank You for this topic Harriet, the model of Great Kudu is beautiful. Congratulations for having it! Shame for me I still don't have this model, but now I know I must get it cyclops
Christophe thank You for photos with comparison and thank You for counting all scales for us Very Happy Even in many scales but these antelopes looks nice together representing many species-I like it Very Happy
Thanks Ana sunny
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Well, scales don't matter to me anymore, as i do collect all brands and models anyway.
All of them will end up together one day, when i finish my collecting room too, although 3 vitrines will stay in my living-room.
i will put all of the species together, without looking at scales at all. Shocked
So there will be very small antelopes and gazelles standing next to the very big ones... Rolling Eyes

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Oh Christophe... how it was possible I miss your wonderfull answer along so many time?
Thanks for your explanation about the Schleich "masterpiece" and the two gazelles. And about collecting, extraordinary thought.
Today I'm very happy! Finally I have this wonderfull kudu, the Papo walking tiger and the Papo lion king of the jungle. The 3 are fantastic! I've never felt the same happiness with any Schleich figurine!
And I saw in shop the Papo crocodile, I think it's great but no more money!
With such figures I have no doubt! I'll collect what I like and not scales, of course!!
Thanks again Christophe!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Roger wrote:
Oh Christophe... how it was possible I miss your wonderfull answer along so many time?
Thanks for your explanation about the Schleich "masterpiece" and the two gazelles. And about collecting, extraordinary thought.
Today I'm very happy! Finally I have this wonderfull kudu, the Papo walking tiger and the Papo lion king of the jungle. The 3 are fantastic! I've never felt the same happiness with any Schleich figurine!
And I saw in shop the Papo crocodile, I think it's great but no more money!
With such figures I have no doubt! I'll collect what I like and not scales, of course!!
Thanks again Christophe!

Welcome in the club Roger. cheers

By the way, the Papo crocodile is marvelous. I'm sure you won't resist a lot of time Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Welcome in the club Roger. cheers

By the way, the Papo crocodile is marvelous. I'm sure you won't resist a lot of time Laughing [/quote]

.. and with your agreement it will be in my hands in next future! But it cousts 3 kudus!!!
Is there any other nice crok in the market?
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:39 pm

When i am not mistaking, the safari Wildlife croc is very good, or was it the saltwater-croc that Gabrïel showed us at the other forum? Rolling Eyes

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:24 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
When i am not mistaking, the safari Wildlife croc is very good, or was it the saltwater-croc that Gabrïel showed us at the other forum? Rolling Eyes

Which brand has a saltwater-croc? That's intersting!!!
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Safari Ltd. has a saltwater croc, Roger.

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:36 pm

Now that i have to find any picture of that croc i ment, i really can't find it... Rolling Eyes Shocked
But maybe my friend Christophe can help me out here... Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Gabe wrote:

Thanks Willy and Gab! So we have two different species! I will se this one in the web but perhaps it will hard to find it in local shops. So the best Nyle crocodile is probabily the Papo one... I loved it but There is something more than money that is making me indecisive!
I saw in CQ the Safari one acting has a deinosuchus and the Colorata from Christophe...
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:24 pm

There is even an African pygmy croc, Alligators from different brands, and some Garials too! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:30 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
There is even an African pygmy croc, Alligators from different brands, and some Garials too! Very Happy

You know everything, one of my catalogues are your collection in CQ...
There's a Sarcosuchus too! Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:37 pm

Well, to be honest, i use the home-pages of other collectors too in a lot of cases, as i can't keep every model in my head with all of the ten-thousands there are in the world.
So i do have a Sarcosuchus, i didn't know that, haha??? Shocked Rolling Eyes
But when you mean the white un-coloured margarine model, it can't be a Sarcosuchus, as they didn't have any dino's in those series in the 1950's and 1960's... Laughing

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 6:27 pm

Roger wrote:
Gabe wrote:

Thanks Willy and Gab! So we have two different species! I will se this one in the web but perhaps it will hard to find it in local shops. So the best Nyle crocodile is probabily the Papo one... I loved it but There is something more than money that is making me indecisive!
I saw in CQ the Safari one acting has a deinosuchus and the Colorata from Christophe...

The safari saltwater crocodile seems to be great. I say "seems" because I don't own it but you must know it is a big citizen. My Colorata one is very fine but far smaller and you need to buy the whole set of endangered reptiles on the web to have it.

IMHO, buy the Papo's Nile croc and if one day you need a bigger model, go for the Safari saltwater croc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Papo additions   Harriet's Papo additions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Harriet's Papo additions
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next