Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Lineol additions for 2010...

Go down 
+5
remrock02
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
aandmkw
WILLYBACOMAN
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

My Lineol additions for 2010... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Lineol additions for 2010...   My Lineol additions for 2010... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 11:21 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
That is correct in both cases Sergey.
The former factory of the VEB Plaho was in other hands before, and had different names and products in their production before, but mainly toys.
They managed to buy or get some of the original moulds from the Lineol factory from before, and so they could copy many of their models in a smaller scale, and in plastics of course...
I forgot the name of the sculptor that worked for Lineol in those early days, but he was a master in his work, as he made those models in a time that almost nobody wa able to see those animals in real life, maybe not even from pictures....
For Christophe and me, they are still the kings in the modelling field, and the painting, colouration and modelling does represent very often the real animal indeed! cheers

...Thank,Willy for your interesting explanation . Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My Lineol additions for 2010...   My Lineol additions for 2010... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:19 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
That is correct in both cases Sergey.
The former factory of the VEB Plaho was in other hands before, and had different names and products in their production before, but mainly toys.
They managed to buy or get some of the original moulds from the Lineol factory from before, and so they could copy many of their models in a smaller scale, and in plastics of course...
I forgot the name of the sculptor that worked for Lineol in those early days, but he was a master in his work, as he made those models in a time that almost nobody wa able to see those animals in real life, maybe not even from pictures....
For Christophe and me, they are still the kings in the modelling field, and the painting, colouration and modelling does represent very often the real animal indeed! cheers

I have a book about the Lineol models but unfortunately I don't read German so I can't answer you... Sad
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My Lineol additions for 2010...   My Lineol additions for 2010... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:44 am

You could always send it to me, for the right explanation and translation... Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: My Lineol additions for 2010...   My Lineol additions for 2010... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Lineol additions for 2010...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2