Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advice on dolphins or whales

Go down 
+3
Kikimalou
Taylcoel
Saarlooswolfhound
7 posters
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

Advice on dolphins or whales - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on dolphins or whales   Advice on dolphins or whales - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:09 am

Kikimalou wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

Many of the Schleich Whales are to scale. Of those, I think the Humpback is fantastic. The one that are to scale with each other are the Humpback, the Orca, the Sperm Whale, and the Grey Whale (also the newest dolphin, the Great White Shark and the Whale Shark).

Maybe some are in scale to each other but they are not 1:32 like SCHLEICH claims.

Thank you Christophe. I did mean that Schleich claims that figures like the Great White, the Whale Shark, the Humpback Whale, and several others are all 1:32 scale. But I didn't realize that their claim was not true (even though it always seemed to me that the Schleich sperm whale should be bigger relative to the schleich grey and humpback whale). I shouldn't be surprised, though: Schleich has never seemed fussy about this sort of thing. Are the dogs in the 1:12 series also not actually to scale with each other?

Still, the Humpback and Grey Whales (both part of the "1:32" series) seem to be roughly in the same range of relative size, whereas the Right Whale and the Blue Whale (which are not part of the "1:32" series) are definitely markedly smaller.

Kikimalou wrote:

scot(t) wrote:

Now that Schleich has stopped making it, Maia & Borges is now using that very same mold and painting it themselves. If I'm making a mistake here, someone please correct me. Roger above mentioned that the Maia & Borges whales are smaller than the Schleichs, so it sounds like they are not actually the same mold, as I had believed. So I'm not sure what the real story is, but I really want to know.

Indeed M&B were the real creators of the SCHLEICH whales, octopus, walrus... It seems they produce them now at a smaller size, maybe just as SCHLEICH did this year with his dinos.

Ah hah! That's really good to know. Until I read Roger's comment, I had no idea that the recently produced Maia & Borges Humpback Whale figure was smaller than the original Schleich model.

Does anyone have the Maia & Borges Humpback Whale and could perhaps take a picture of the model next to a commonly-known model, to get a sense for its size? I wonder how much smaller it is than the original Schleich.

Here's the Schleich Humpback. I saw a listing on eBay where it was priced well over $100 (USD). But it seems to me that with a little searching and a lot of patience, one could find it for much cheaper than that. I think it's a great model, but the CollectA looks great too (though smaller) and I'm looking forward to getting it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Advice on dolphins or whales   Advice on dolphins or whales - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:23 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
thank you for the great pics scott! I love your dolphins. My favorite whale is a sperm and blue whale, so maybe I will pick one or two out for me too! Wink Thanks for your input!

My pleasure Saarlooswolfhound! (can I call you SLWH or SLooWooH for short? Very Happy )

I'd like to get a Blue Whale too. But I don't know whether to get the CollectA or the Safari. If you get one of them, be sure to post pictures!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Advice on dolphins or whales   Advice on dolphins or whales - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Susanne calls me wolfy, but you can shorten it any way you want, I know it is a bit of a mouthful. Wink I will most definitely post pics if I get one! You can count on that!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on dolphins or whales   Advice on dolphins or whales - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice on dolphins or whales
Page 1 of 1