Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich retired figures for 2013

Go down 
+21
Kikimalou
schleichsammler2008
Maja-Maus
bojan
dlfrogman
Wildheart
Eleya
Roger
schleich61
Numa
krista
Kiryuha
essimon
Haybale Farm
christinavanderschouw
Tupolew Tu-154
Taylcoel
SUSANNE
widukind
Elros Alvar
trevok4
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:52 pm

they might not make a poster because of there being to many stuff being retired which is crazy of them to do
Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:07 pm

trevok4 wrote:
they might not make a poster because of there being to many stuff being retired which is crazy of them to do
I think there would as last year all the retiring shleich were not all included in the poster Wink they only included the attractive figures scratch Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
trevok4

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Taylcoel wrote:
trevok4 wrote:
I think there would as last year all the retiring shleich were not all included in the poster Wink they only included the attractive figures scratch Very Happy

realy the smurfs are the only ones that arent put on the retired poster
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Look the good side: When Schleich put out so much, then maybe comes a lot of new figures. ^^
Back to top Go down
essimon

essimon

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Excuse me, what on earth is happening?! What is schleich thinking??? WHY they retire parts of horse families? Like the yearling ( only few years old and good looking, I think) and the shetland foal?? I just don't get it! Why not to retire the whole breed at once.. Now the haflinger foal of this year will be orphan. And are they kidding, why schleich retires the NEW and thousand times better looking arabian foal and keep the really really old and old fashioned foal, that diesn't go with the mare and stallion..??
Somebody please explain me if these retirings make some sense... I just can't get it.

Good thing is to get old lipizzaners and haflingers away to make room for new models. This year there have been more horses on the cataloque than ever before, so I think it's good to retire many old models.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myschleich.blogspot.com
trevok4

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:19 pm

essimon wrote:
Álvaro/schleich wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Excuse me, what on earth is happening?! What is schleich thinking??? WHY they retire parts of horse families? Like the yearling ( only few years old and good looking, I think) and the shetland foal?? I just don't get it! Why not to retire the whole breed at once.. Now the haflinger foal of this year will be orphan. And are they kidding, why schleich retires the NEW and thousand times better looking arabian foal and keep the really really old and old fashioned foal, that diesn't go with the mare and stallion..??
Somebody please explain me if these retirings make some sense... I just can't get it.

Good thing is to get old lipizzaners and haflingers away to make room for new models. This year there have been more horses on the cataloque than ever before, so I think it's good to retire many old models.

i agree to much with you the new 2009 arabian foal is much nicer than the 2004 one the 2004 should be replaced with a new one and they should retire the clydesdale stallion and foal
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:23 pm

I find the 2004 arabian foal much better, it is cute. ^^
Back to top Go down
essimon

essimon

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Oh, I'll have to continue.. What the hek, why don't they retire the white tailed deer family, but do retire moose and calf? The deers are really old fashioned and I have waited for them to retire for two years already.
And then the badger - there will be again orphaned puppies! And i really liked the model:( I jst don't get that, is there some novice doing these decisions?
Back to top Go down
essimon

essimon

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Paka wrote:
I find the 2004 arabian foal much better, it is cute. ^^
I like her pose too, but she's just so plastic! The foal doesn't fit in the arabian family:/ I van see the foal only with the previous arabian stallion, which was the same colour and not furry like the new ones.
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 pm

essimon wrote:
Oh, I'll have to continue.. What the hek, why don't they retire the white tailed deer family, but do retire moose and calf? The deers are really old fashioned and I have waited for them to retire for two years already.
And then the badger - there will be again orphaned puppies! And i really liked the model:( I jst don't get that, is there some novice doing these decisions?

i know they must have a new guy there who thinks the wrong stuff i wanted the hippo to reitre in 2010 and the white tailed deer this is the 1st year running in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

Taylcoel

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Overall, hope fully schleich will suprise us with something Wink but is very unlikely, maybe they were releasing to much models and did a survey on what people bought Wink but the new 2013 are looking good so far cheers

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:01 pm

I hope of a lot of newcomers scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taylcoel

Taylcoel

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:13 pm

widukind wrote:
I hope of a lot of newcomers scratch
Yes, especially as there is now a big gap from the retiring 2013 Wink

Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 11:54 am

Finally the outdated hippo will be retired...
But why so many excellent figures are going out??? Gnu, warthog boar, kudu, badger... By the way, kudu and badger have been on the market not long at all.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
trevok4

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:06 pm

and there is more
why do they have to retire to many 2010,2011 and 2012 stuff all the new heros are going Sad because i only have the white elephant and they need to stop being weird and i just notced all the 1990's animals are going but why reitre the leopard cub but keep the adult even though they made the adult first and now she will be a loner agian and why are they taking one of the tiger cubs out randomly wich is very EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil and they should retire the clydesdale stallion and foal and why do they reitre the mixed breeds but dont retire the st bernard male and puppy instead of new 2012 ones and instead of tiger cubs they should reitre the panda cub and cheetah cub and then again a other possblity they might have a new schleich leader like who makes the choices and the old schleich leader mabye wanted to move on in life i hope they read THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

I don't understand why everyone is getting so upset about Schleich retiring so many figures.
You still have time to buy them. (except if you're still missing many of them and short of money. But toy stores usually put the retiring figures on sale.)

The tapir is one of my favourite figures ever, but I'm actually happy it's retiring...

To me it's nicer to own a highly collectable item rather than something that's still in production.

I might sound a bit too $_$, but isn't that the point in collecting?
Why do you think people are willing to pay some serious cash of some old plastic animal?
Because it's been in production long time ago or so short time that there are less of them lying around..

And yet I'm not even a rare figure hunter, I enjoy rather ordinary and common figures.

Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 pm

I am so shocked by all the retired animals announced for this year. Is it me or are there more wildlife models being retired in one go than EVER before? The frustrating thing is we now have to rush out and buy all the models we don't have before they disappear completely. This is going to eat away at my budget that I am saving for the new 2013 releases!

Frustratingly models that have been released in September 2012 are disappearing after literally just three months on sale. This must be the shortest production run of any commercially released Schleich model. I don't collect the heroe's range but with the impressive fighting Elephant, Gladiator Rhino and hyena I will definitely have to buy them before they disappear. These models will inevitably become extremely valuable collector's items for years to come because they will appeal to wider range of people so my advice to collectors is to buy at least one now and keep them in their original boxes only if you plant to sell them later down the line :-)

Most of the trees are going too - I am not surprised, Schleich have risen their prices to a spectacular high in recent years, who can really afford to buy the airplane, the trees, the coral fence, and all the animals when the costs are so much?

The Schleich representatives at the London toy fair back in January made such a song and dance about the warrior Rhino and Elephant that I cant believe it is going so soon...

anyway i had better start buying the retired models one by one and this will just give me more work to do! :-)
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 pm

i also dont get that the grey goose are going een though the male is on the front of the 2013 calender
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:36 am

Watching more carefully the Wildlife being retired I figured that there is some logic in Schleich strategy. ... and I don't really buy figures because they will be retired, I buy because I like them, retired or not. Anyway I enjoy trying to understand the strategy of the brands.
So what I think are Schleich ideas - Idea

Chimpanzee male, female and baby:
A family descontinued to open market to gorillas introduced this year

Grizzly bear cub and female:
An important but outdated family for US market being retired, I believe they will replace them for another grizzly or black bear.

Kangaroo male and joey:
This family will keep only the female with baby, that is obviously the best seller of the three.
Maybe Schleich will replace them for a new figure for Australian fauna, a 2nd koala version or a platypus?

Moose calf and cow:
Same as kangaroos but obviously they keep the male inspite. Who knows these figures open space for a reindeer/caribou?

Warthog boar and piglet:
Same as kangaroo family. I have doubts that Schleich will introduce another pig looking figure like new wild boar?? Maybe too similar in terms of market.

Ostrich chick and Ostrich male:
Are they keeping the old ostrich? It was more expectable to keep the newest but same logic as previous figures.

Kudu male and calf:
A recently released family, expensive in terms of production, I hope it means a new antelope. Roan, sable or oryx have good chances.

Lion cub lying and Lioness lying:
Lying figures are never best-sellers, I believe they are only simplifying lion family, it would be interesting to see a lion (male) lying but I don't expect.

Tiger cub playing and Tiger cub white standing:
Simplifying the tiger families keeping both molds, one in each family to prevent commercial canibalism between cubs of same color.

African black rhino calf, Camel foal, Gazelle fawn and Leopard cub:
Those are 4 cubs with only one of the parents. In my opinion Schleich is descontinuing some families because babies are not selling well for sure.
So they keep the single adultes that sell better. Maybe the leopard cub will give place to a adulte black panther using the same mold of the leopard female?
It would mean also that jaguar cub, hedgehog babies and lynx cub will be retired in 2014.

Squirrel eating:
2 squirrels are not needed, so keep runing squirrel, maybe the one is selling best.

Raccoon cubs:
Here I was expecting that one of the adultes would be retired too to follow squirrels idea. Maybe next year one of them will be also retired.

hippoppotamus male:
Surely replaced for another hippo, maybe more like Papo and perfectly updated with Schleich finition.

gnu, Tapir and Yak:
3 species that will turn in great collectibles, mainly yak. I hope unless 1 new good unusual species to compensate these. A gaur? Maybe also a 2nd round of a muskox or wisent?

Badger:
A real mistery. Recent, good figure, only markings are not completely correct and why babies will stay? Will it be repainted like the king penguin and launched as a new release?

All these little cubs being retired would represent the introduction of new small figures, like for example an Arctic hare, an oter and maybe more birds! Wink

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Your reasoning is very rational, Roger!

Roger wrote:
...gnu, Tapir and Yak:
3 species that will turn in great collectibles, mainly yak.
Right you are! But I think gnu will become the most sought-after one among these. Remember the popularity of the retired Schleich oryx?

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
trevok4

trevok4

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 4:15 pm

they have taken the retired 2013 ones of there website so they might not do these choices but if the do the knubstrupper foal the black forest yearling and the shetland foal will be retired then a possibilaty the fallbella foal and the dartmoor foal could be retired in 2014
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Your reasoning is very rational, Roger!

Roger wrote:
...gnu, Tapir and Yak:
3 species that will turn in great collectibles, mainly yak.
Right you are! But I think gnu will become the most sought-after one among these. Remember the popularity of the retired Schleich oryx?

Thanks Kiril, I am still surprised how oryx turned so popular, if it was launched today it would be considered a very outdated figure while muskox and mountain goat are good enough for today standards. Maybe antelopes were not very common and oryxes are wonderful creatures.
Anyway remember that gnu was 4 years available others 3 years and kudus only 2 years like the oryx. Also the gnu and kudu are 2nd generations and I believe an important point is when they are the only figure of this species in all range. study

Eleya

Country/State : Austria

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Roger, I like your ideas! Especially those about the kangoroos and the grizzlys Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Eleya wrote:
Roger, I like your ideas! Especially those about the kangoroos and the grizzlys Sad(o)):

Welcome here sunny sunny sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired figures for 2013   Schleich retired figures for 2013 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich retired figures for 2013
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next