Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich-like custs

Go down 
+6
widukind
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
JonasV
Elros Alvar
Cyhyraeth
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

Schleich-like custs Empty
PostSubject: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Well, this is my first attempt to repaint sth in pastels ever. Embarassed I know that the color's a bit dirty, and there are some problems with shading.
I decided not to repaint it once more (to leave as the first attempt Very Happy ), but try to avoid mistakes I've done working on this piece in future custs.

Here he is, CM CollectA Shetland pony to flaxen chestnut.
Pastels, acrylics, matte and glossy finish (though he seem to be semi-glossy now Suspect )
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Any critics's welcome Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Congrats good models cheers cheers cheers , I can see them now Very Happy
Thanks bounce

Last edited by Álvaro/schleich on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Congrtas good models cheers cheers cheers , I can see them now Very Happy
Thanks bounce
Thanks) I'm working on a Safari WC Arabian mare now, hope she'll be more handsome:)

I think they are visible because this topic hasn't been moved anywhere:))

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:56 pm

Looks so real, beautiful! cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by jonesee on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Cyhyraeth wrote:

I think they are visible because this topic hasn't been moved anywhere:))
Yes I thing the same, but why moved the topics? scratch Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:16 pm

jonesee wrote:
Looks so real, beutiful! cheers
Thank you:)

Álvaro/schleich
New sections appeared. Haven't you noticed?=)

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Cyhyraeth wrote:
jonesee wrote:
Looks so real, beutiful! cheers

Álvaro/schleich
New sections appeared. Haven't you noticed?=)

No..... Shocked , thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Daria I love it!!! Sooooo cute and wonderful cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Me too !!!! I LOVE him bounce Very Happy
It is incredible that this...hmmm.... ok-model Rolling Eyes can turn into such a beautyful, beautyful pony cheers

WOW!!!!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:18 pm

Very cute!! Congrats!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:31 am

This is not bad at all Daria :) In fact this is wonderful repaint!!!!!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:57 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Any critics?))

SUSANNE
Thanks) Glad you liked him. cheers
He's a common chestnut, but the colour was so horrible that I decided that it would be really hard to make him even worse than he used to be. Rolling Eyes

widukind

Thank you)

MartinH
Embarassed Thanks) Hope the next one would be better tongue

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Daria he looks great!

I few years back I got really into repainting horses with pastels. It's quite addicting! My only advise to you is perhaps to use a matte sealer, like dullcote. Unless you want him to be glossy. Either way looks good. :)

Can't wait to see more!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Kristie wrote:
Daria he looks great!

I few years back I got really into repainting horses with pastels. It's quite addicting! My only advise to you is perhaps to use a matte sealer, like dullcote. Unless you want him to be glossy. Either way looks good. :)

Can't wait to see more!

-Kristie
Thank you)

Yes, and to tell the truth I have much more joy as I while working with both pastels and acrylics rather than using the paint only. But pastels's a new fabric to me, so it would surely need some time to get used to it:)
As for the sealer- it was mentioned as a matte one, the only place I used glossy were hooves (and nostrils, yes). I suppose I might have shaked the can better before use. Rolling Eyes

Hope to finish the Arabian mare by Safari this weekends Wink

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Good job!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Cyhyraeth wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Any critics?))
I can't see anything wrong with it!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:14 am

Your litte chestnut pony is a dream Very Happy And never mind it looking a little bit 'dirty' - that's the way ponies are supposed to look! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:14 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I can't see anything wrong with it!
cheers

sortepletter
Laughing thank you!

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich-like custs   Schleich-like custs Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich-like custs
Page 1 of 1