Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us your Dogs!

Go down 
+63
Bonnie
1claire
barracudacat
Dark Pegasus
widukind
landrover
SUSANNE
Dum_my
Anne from Norway
Neptuneneptunia
ken yeo
Kikimalou
costicuba
NightLioness
googie212
christinavanderschouw
shadoweon
Niki2811
AlvinCK
Miss Jane
schleich61
Carola
Takama
Florian
Bloodrayne
jesman00
PeGe
Maja-Maus
Liiolii
NandO
koniminiatures
AlopexLagopus
AlienMantis
Chris Sweetman
krista
Bullyqueen
GoldEagle
teardrop
JonasV
weaselfan93
Regy
The-Toy-Chest
Roger
jarda
animalluvr6
Taos
75senta75
Deseo
Cyhyraeth
Fisva
Rio
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
A-J
Kristie
Taylcoel
Elros Alvar
sortepletter
scot(t)
castlerigg
HKHollinstone
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Great dogs. And I like your painted improvements. Wink 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 3:19 am

Surprisingly my only dog figure.

Papo Boxer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 8:54 am

It is such a great model, Takama .
Mine has a VIP-place on the front line of the piano cheers 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:51 am

A beautieful boxer sunny sunny 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:56 pm

It doesn't surprise me, this is a terrific figure, I don't collect dogs and I always start thinking if I should buy it or not. Your pictures show perfectly the sculptural body of this animal and how vibrant it is! I only don't know why you show always the genitals of animals, even when they are placed on figures' heads. Wink

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:27 pm

My only dogs:
(the german shepard looks gelous XD)

Last edited by AlopexLagopus on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Roger wrote:
It doesn't surprise me, this is a terrific figure, I don't collect dogs and I always start thinking if I should buy it or not. Your pictures show perfectly the sculptural body of this animal and how vibrant it is! I only don't know why you show always the genitals of animals, even when they are placed on figures' heads.  Wink
Im Sorry. Showing genatalia is not my intention for this figure. I just made a walkaround at ground level. I will admit, to showing off the head of that dinosaur, but I thought it was funny for that topic. A lot of Dino Toy Forumers find that as a Joke.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Takama wrote:
Roger wrote:
It doesn't surprise me, this is a terrific figure, I don't collect dogs and I always start thinking if I should buy it or not. Your pictures show perfectly the sculptural body of this animal and how vibrant it is! I only don't know why you show always the genitals of animals, even when they are placed on figures' heads.  Wink
Im Sorry.    Showing genatalia is not my intention for this figure. I just made a walkaround at ground level.     I will admit, to showing off the head of that dinosaur, but I thought it was funny for that topic. A lot of Dino Toy Forumers find that as a Joke.

Takama, that is not a problem, I am actually kidding with that coincidence. We know there are some very young members on this forum but these are toys, suitable to 3 years or more, made for them, so it would never be logical any kind of censorship. Very Happy

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:53 am

Great dog collections you all have cheers 

I have only one dog - the CollectA/Procon Dobermann I love you 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Nice Doberman Carola:cheers: cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 6:14 pm

my new N2 toys dog (Steve Irwins Sui)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:23 pm

WOW! Carola, that dobermann is much nicer than in the catalogue, - of course the collar adds a lot of realism, - and perhaps gives ballance to the model ? Very Happy 

Andreas , your new dog is unusual, an full of charm Very Happy 

schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Roger wrote:
Interesting and possibly revealing statement, Roger. When I see those photos, I immediately look at the inscribed information on the belly of the creature. You, on the other hand, seem to look first at the genitals...Laughing Wink 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:26 am

Thank you Susanne:-)

Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Have been stalking this post - and I LOVE it the most of all posts, by far. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Already I have been through every page on this post, and seen all these amazing doggies.
And I have to say - Susanne - your collection of Schleich dogs are to die for! How long have you been collecting these? I'm so jealous - to have the whole collection! Shocked Applause Very Happy 
Well done.

So I have to post mine because, while I haven't nearly as many canines as some, I still love them, all very much.
Here they are, let's start with the Gundogs. (In real life, one of my favourite groups.)

Golden Retrievers

Labrador Retrievers:

Pointer (English), Irish Red-and-White Setter. These two I picked up a a second hand store, they are my absolute favourites.

All my Gundogs-

(Herding and Guardian/Working Groups)
German Shepherd Dog, Briard

(Guardian/Working Groups & Hounds)
Great Dane, Rhodesian Ridgeback

Bernese Mountain Dogs
(And again, the face view nawwwe:) )

Rottweiler, GSD & Dobermann dog/pups

(Non-Sporting/Toy/Terrier Groups)
Dalmatians

Bull Terrier, British Bulldog, Pug & Maltese

And, finally, Puppies! Yay! Applause Very Happy Laughing 

Of course, there are plenty of others I really would like, especially some of my favourite breeds (Pointer, Irish Setter, ACD, Kelpie and Belgian Groendael) but they will likely take a while to drift in. Sad really, but that's life. =D

And then there's my recent really crazy idea.

With my sculpts....

I am going to make every breed of dog. And not just AKC reg ones... yeah, there's about 500-600 of them. And I plan to do it. So keep watching - my collection will grow.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:32 am

Such a beautyful and versatile lot of beauties , Miss Jane cheers 

I agree . Those English setters are stunning ! What material are they ?

Your photoes are great ! The dark background is surprisingly fine to show the models Applause 

Miss Jane

Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:52 am

Susanne - I am not entirely sure about the Setter/Pointer.
They aren't hollow, or plastic, or china, and I'm pretty sure not resin. They aren't really light or heavy either. That probably wasn't very helpful Razz Smile 

Yes, that's the same background I use on some of my ebay listings - I find it works very well.
I will be experimenting with different styles, though.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:58 am

I have one of your dogs (I think you called it a Rhodesian ridgeback) in another color, and I think the material is like stone type. If I remember, I shall take some pics tomorrow and post him here along with his friends. I love your setter and pointer too, which I think are also stone.Smile 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:00 am

Very interested to see! Yes, stone-type sounds right, but I think its the type that, if chipped, shows up white? (I have a chipped one, different but similar.)

I'm pretty sure its a Ridgeback - actually has a hair ridge that runs down the back of the dog.
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:20 am

great dogs, the setters are very nice, and the first german shepherd is great too!
about the material, it might be 'sandy cast'

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:33 pm

Here is my dog:
All of these were bought at the same garage sale, and I believe they are all from the same series because they all have very similar style etc. Mine are slightly chipped showing white, hence my thought about it being stone type material. In the pic the breeds are an old English sheepdog, an afghan hound, an Airedale terrier, a bloodhound, and what I thought was just a hound or Labrador but now that you mention it could be a Rhodesian.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Very nice

Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:27 am

Thanks Saarlooswolfhound!

I think you may be right, they are made from a similar material.

What size is your lying dog? It almost looks a different mold to mine.
My Ridgeback (I am pretty sure that's what mine is) is 9cm tall x 16cm long.
A bit bigger than my other models, similar, but bigger.

I almost think these models are made from some kind of mold - and given a lot of them can purchased at cheap shops here, that it might even be something like a plaster of paris type mix. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 2:05 am

schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:
Interesting and possibly revealing statement, Roger.  When I see those photos, I immediately look at the inscribed information on the belly of the creature.  You, on the other hand, seem to look first at the genitals...Laughing Wink 
Laughing Embarassed It remembers me in my youth, when we've found that one of our friends was buying a famous North American magazine that show certain women that have no money to buy clothes. How it is called? Plastoy? Play Visions? I can't remember. Sad
As happy and silly boys we were, we started teasing our friend. It would be a normal story if at a certain point the poor guy hadn't apologized himself saying that he was buying it only to see what was written! Laughing

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:22 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I agree . Those English setters are stunning ! What material are they ?
Miss Jane wrote:
Susanne - I am not entirely sure about the Setter/Pointer.
They aren't hollow, or plastic, or china, and I'm pretty sure not resin. They aren't really light or heavy either. That probably wasn't very helpful Razz Smile 
Miss Jane wrote:
I almost think these models are made from some kind of mold - and given a lot of them can purchased at cheap shops here, that it might even be something like a plaster of paris type mix. Thoughts?

They're most likely made out of a material often referred to as "industrial resin" or simply "polyresin"; usually a polyurethane resin or acrylic mix with fine ceramic or stone dust mixed in for a varying degree of extra heft, and that "stone feel" they have. It's a very common material to cast knick-knacks, home decor statuettes and souvenirs out of; it's inexpensive, waterproof, accepts mold detail well and can be made feel heavy and thus valuable. The more stone/ceramic dust is mixed in, the heavier the result. The less brittle varieties are usually polyurethane + dust; the chip-prone often have cheap acrylic partnered with the dust, giving the resulting plastic less yield and a "chime" when tapped.

Also, here are some more dogs from me (with make info viewable [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]):

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Dogs!   Show us your Dogs! - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us your Dogs!
Page 17 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next