Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:39 am

I agree with you Scott. I also raised this matter in the past and I refuse to have this incorrect figure in my collection.

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:00 am

Scott, that was also always my oppinion and there's no problem at all bringing it back again. :)
I also wished to see someone repainting it in a leopard. I don't know if it would turn in a perfect leopard but surely more close to reality than with a jaguar. Anytime I see this cat in a shop I think in how beautiful it is but never bought it just because of the reasons you told before. My jaguar is the Schleich one. Maybe the only thing I don't like in Schleich figure is the poor texture, in fur and also a lack of muscular expression. I believe the almost plain texture was to turn the painting easier in terms of manofacturing process.
Although it is an excelent idea and Papo loves to reuse their resources, I don't believe they will repaint it in a leopard to replace other version and later introduce a new jaguar. Safari jaguar looks also morphologically very good as well as Mojo's leopard have a good conformation.
Honestly, judging the fantastic work that Mojo and CollectA are making and seeing that a jaguar is not present in their ranges, my hope goes to these brands. cat

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:55 am

Probably it's time for Papo to make a more precise proportion on Jaguar. It there can make a tiger and lioness so success and just puzzle why Jaguar doesn't seen to fit the bill.

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:24 am

My point is still the same : Since this one is smaller than PAPO leopard, it could be a fine clouded leopard Wink

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I agree with you Scott. I also raised this matter in the past and I refuse to have this incorrect figure in my collection.

Thanks Gabe. I do love the Papo sculpting, but I understand entirely why you won't get it. I almost didn't get it myself.

I also wished to see someone repainting it in a leopard. I don't know if it would turn in a perfect leopard but surely more close to reality than with a jaguar.

I would love to see that too. Harriet would do a wonderful job.

My jaguar is the Schleich one. Maybe the only thing I don't like in Schleich figure is the poor texture, in fur and also a lack of muscular expression.

Although it is an excelent idea and Papo loves to reuse their resources, I don't believe they will repaint it in a leopard to replace other version and later introduce a new jaguar.

I agree with you on both counts Roger: my favorite is the Schleich. In fact, I don't even have the complaints that you do; I just adore that figure. I think you are right, though, that Papo would never do what I wish they would do. There's no profit in it, and a lot of cost. Financially, it makes no sense. It only makes sense to a weird, obsessive collector like me.

Probably it's time for Papo to make a more precise proportion on Jaguar. It there can make a tiger and lioness so success and just puzzle why Jaguar doesn't seen to fit the bill.

I really wish they would Ken. A papo jaguar as good as their lioness or tiger would be amazing!

My point is still the same : Since this one is smaller than PAPO leopard, it could be a fine clouded leopard Wink

Christophe, I think this is a great point (and I thought so when I read the thread earlier). If Harriet and/or Anna had unlimited time and resources, maybe they could paint one as a leopard and another as a clouded leopard. I would love to see the results.

Back to top Go down
Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:28 am

Maybe it's a lepjag - that is, a leopard/jaguar hybrid? Laughing I'm only half kidding... odds are these crosses can be as morphologically diverse as ligers and tigons.

I've been thinking of repainting mine, but it's just so dang beautiful! (Plus spots are really hard to paint...)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:47 am

I agree with you Scott! cheers cheers cheers Wink

PostSubject: Re: Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details    Today at 7:29 pm

Back to top Go down

Display: "Tropic forests (jungle) animals" (South Asia, America, Australia) - Details
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2