Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walking horse- beautiful?

Go down 
+12
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
carlysulli
Schleichfreund
JackyLovertjex
Ana
Elros Alvar
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
animalluvr6
Cyhyraeth
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Walking horse- beautiful? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:25 pm

That is enormously interesting, Silvia !!!

Anybody who has the least interest in breeding of Iceys know that the ability to T¨olt and pace is heredity, and that the two are connected.
Now they even found the genes cheers

boba_jagoda

boba_jagoda

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 11:00 am

Sorry for bumping up such an old topic, but one should indeed be carefull not to declare all "unconventional" gaits as unatural and ugly.

Such "big licks" and in general the whole "folklore" around such competitions is not attractive to me, but I believe that "soaring" is also illegal within the community.
I think this needs a new topic without the "ugly" beginning
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Sorry that I'm writing in this old topic.
But here is video about using horses by humans. This video includs strong moments, but I think each of horse lovers must see it:
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
newt

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:18 pm

I would just like to point out that the Tennessee Walking Horse's gait is natural, and that most owners do not use soring or other abusive practices on their horses. Some do, as shown in those videos, but the community has been very active in recent years in trying to eliminate that sort of cruelty.

I'm not a horse person myself, but I felt I must defend my home state's honor! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking horse- beautiful?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: What else ? :: Wildlife-
Jump to: