Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walking horse- beautiful?

Go down 
+12
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
carlysulli
Schleichfreund
JackyLovertjex
Ana
Elros Alvar
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
animalluvr6
Cyhyraeth
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

Walking horse- beautiful? Empty
PostSubject: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:46 pm

AFAIK Walking horse show is very popular in the USA.
But is a horse moving in such way- beautiful? Rolling Eyes I really believe that it's almost ugly and extremely unnatural.
But why do people keep on making their horses walk this way? Really cannot understand Evil or Very Mad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Yes it looks so completely unnatural! I myself don't really see how that is beautiful. silent pale

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:13 pm

I can`t see the video, - but this is not only ugly and unnatural...it os cruel to the horses. Evil or Very Mad
Yough ! You really must have a strong stomach to see how people torture the horses into behaving like that Mad

Tölt is an ancient and very pleasant gait, many original horses ( Arabs, tinkers etc, and Iceys, of course ) do it naturally.

In the Middle Ages, the gaited horses were called "Ambulators", and were used by people who had to travel far on horseback, - or by noble ladies and bishops etc...

When horses became status symbols a couple of hundred years ago, it was bred out of most European horses because it was not considered elegant enough.

The gait has been re-discovered, but now it is not good enough...we can`t have something that is both natural and useful, - no, no, - of course people have to make it "better", competing until it becomes a total parody...and the poor animals have to suffer for it Sad

Sorry for my outburst, to all of you who know all about it already Embarassed

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:49 pm

The most idiotic movement, of course invented by humans Rolling Eyes

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 am

It looks ghastly, I would consider that cruelty to animals - must be a terrific strain on the horse to move like that Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Great videos, but the form of walk is rare Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink Cool Laughing cheers sunny

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Great videos, but the form of walk is rare Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink Cool Laughing cheers sunny

It is the result of extreme, horrible cruelty !!!!
This is how they are made do it

WARNING : DON´T SEE THIS IF YOU HAVE BAD NERVES , - it made me cry

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:07 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Álvaro/schleich wrote:

It is the result of extreme, horrible cruelty !!!!
This is how they are made do it

WARNING : DON´T SEE THIS IF YOU HAVE BAD NERVES , - it made me cry

Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

You have to help somehow.
Shocked Crying or Very sad Sad Shocked
That bad people are in the world. Evil or Very Mad

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Yes, isn`t it horrible, disgusting, incredible.
Those people shoul have the same treatment themselves Mad

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Horrible, heart breaking Sad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad
What can we do? I simply have no words, I'm so angry watching this movie, and it makes me cry too. I feel like I would do something very bad to those people if I meet them Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by ana on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Susanne
I know about tolt, and I believe it's a really beautiful- when it's natural. But this extreme one (is it rack?) -it's ugly!
I'm afraid to think what will be with the horses' back and legs when it's 10 years old, for ex? They start these shows really young (2 years) and the way the horseman seats- it's terrible. AFAIK Iceys are taken under saddle when they are four or five already, so their bones and skeleton won't get the damage that TWH get while treated like this... Evil or Very Mad

I love gaited breeds, but I think that it's terrible to make them move like this Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:21 pm

This is just cruel. I still don't understand why people even would manage to do this.. The horses didn't do a thing to a human, so why would we abuse such an innocent animal? Sometimes, I really don't understand what's going on in their heads. It's just sick and so sad.. If we would do this to a human, we would go to jail, but if they do it to a horse, they won't. (Or atleast not in Belgium..)

Also, Susanne, Tinkers do not Tölt, but, you're a bit right. Earlier, every horse could Tölt. But, when the breeds came, they breeded the gait 'Tölt' out. That's why these days Tinkers or Haflingers do not Tölt. But, some really old breeds still do it, like you said, the Icelandic's, ...
Back to top Go down
Schleichfreund

Schleichfreund

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:28 pm

I find simply perverse. Mad

Finde ich einfach nur ABARTIG. Mad

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:24 pm

JackyLovertjex wrote:

Also, Susanne, Tinkers do not Tölt, but, you're a bit right. Earlier, every horse could Tölt. But, when the breeds came, they breeded the gait 'Tölt' out. That's why these days Tinkers or Haflingers do not Tölt. But, some really old breeds still do it, like you said, the Icelandic's, ...

I know at least two tinkers that can Tölt Very Happy
You just need to know the gait well to see that they do it, because they don`t lift the legs like some Iceys do.
My gazehounds do it also sometimes , - and elefants tölt all the time...it is not a rare gait.

But as Schleichfreund says, the people doing this to the Tennessee Walkers..you are right, it is PERVERSE !!!!!!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Cyhyraeth wrote:

AFAIK Iceys are taken under saddle when they are four or five already, so their bones and skeleton won't get the damage ....

Yes, the iceys grow slowly. Sometimes they are tought to wear a saddle and rider when they are 3 1/3 years old, but then they get 1/2 year "holiday" . The Icelanders say that it is good for a young horse to have a long rest to "think about what he has learned".

JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:37 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
JackyLovertjex wrote:

I know at least two tinkers that can Tölt Very Happy
You just need to know the gait well to see that they do it, because they don`t lift the legs like some Iceys do.
That's strange.. I never saw Tinky doing it, I also never saw the other tinkers doing it scratch
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:54 pm

JackyLovertjex wrote:

That's strange.. I never saw Tinky doing it, I also never saw the other tinkers doing it scratch

They can`t all,of course - but try putting a rider, who is used to riding Tölt, on the back on a few, and some of them will go Tölt.
The rider needs to know how to ask the horse to go tölt.
The "English seat" prevents that gait.

Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:36 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

They can`t all,of course - but try putting a rider, who is used to riding Tölt, on the back on a few, and some of them will go Tölt.
The rider needs to know how to ask the horse to go tölt.
The "English seat" prevents that gait.
Oh, I remember my first attempt to ride tölt. Laughing Even the gaited saddle is positioned on horseback in a different way than the English/western one, and the way the rider sits (I tried to change it to English seat all the time, bothering the horse, and this all seemed to be rather hard to me)... The stallion I was riding was a rather old one (about 17 years old), and I believe he knew what he was supposed to do even better than me Laughing It's really interesting to ride the horse this way, but was completely different to anything else I used to ride (even the pace from dressage), though rather comfortable (not sure about the horse Rolling Eyes ) And what seemed the most awful to me was that I couldn't make him go in any other way. Laughing

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:50 am

That video is revolting, I can't believe they can get away with treating horses like this?! I feel like whacking a bit of sense into their heads.

How come something like this isn't banned? I don't understand it.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:59 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Cyhyraeth wrote:

AFAIK Iceys are taken under saddle when they are four or five already, so their bones and skeleton won't get the damage ....

Yes, the iceys grow slowly. Sometimes they are tought to wear a saddle and rider when they are 3 1/3 years old, but then they get 1/2 year "holiday" . The Icelanders say that it is good for a young horse to have a long rest to "think about what he has learned".

I remember the same way of training was used in one Polish stable to their dressage horses Very Happy I believe these holiday are good for horses indeed Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
carlysulli

carlysulli

Country/State : United States, North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:14 pm

I agree. It isn't beautiful at all! I don't see how it is at all fun to watch or how it can be so popular. No
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:44 am

One thing I don't get is why don't these people try to walk theway they make the horses do? It is not natural and it is absolutely perverse! Why make an animal do something that is not within the animals natural ability when we ourselves do not try to do things out of our natural ability? The physical weakness, scarring, and hurt the animal experiences during those processes are absolutely grotesque in every way. Not to mention the warping of these beautiful animals' minds and emotional thinking during the process. I adore the gaited breeds, especially when they can perform such beautiful routines the natural way. This makes the world remember that the world is full of absolute scum of the earth, people who will put anyone or anything in harms way of making a statement or profit. Sad No Crying or Very sad I wish there was something we could do...
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 6:24 am

Ridiculous What a Face What about driving the car and cooking ?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:46 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Ridiculous What a Face What about driving the car and cooking ?

Or go to the moon...and STAY there !!!!!

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:02 pm

I completely agree with Susanne about that video. Absolutely horrible.

Some horses do have those gaits, but in USA are forced to exagerate the gaits in a cruel way.

Hereyou can find some info about the genetic bases of the "special" gaits: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking horse- beautiful?   Walking horse- beautiful? Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking horse- beautiful?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next