Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names

Go down 
+39
NMR_Okapi
Birdsage
Numa
WhiteLightning Wolf
sbell
Bowhead Whale
orcagirl26
LorenzoItaly
Tiermann
GoldEagle
phrog
QuollMate
AlopexLagopus
lucky luke
The-Toy-Chest
75senta75
K907
PeGe
bmathison1972
schleich61
Mastiffcat
Duck-Anch-Amun
skysthelimit
jarda
weaselfan93
Wildheart
sphyrna18
STORMnl
quagga
landrover
Joan Milelire
widukind
SommoDracorex
jhudstone
Kikimalou
Roger
SUSANNE
Ana
Froggie
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 7:46 am

Congrats for all your finds, I really enjoy these arthropods. Very Happy

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 6:02 pm

my current frog collection:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
So still in needs for some Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Congrats Philipp!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Congratulation Beatrice and Phillip  Applause 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Here is a link to a large commerson dolphin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 4:28 am

Does anybody know from which set is the forest buffalo?

Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 8:26 am

I can add from PV the Northern Red Salamander from 1995.

Froggie wrote:
Salamanders year??
- Red Salamander - Pseudotriton ruber
- Spotted Salamander - Ambystoma maculatum
- Long-toed Salamander - Ambystoma macrodactylum
- Marbled Salamander - Ambystoma opacum
- Longtail Salamander - Eurycea longicauda
- Mudpuppy - Necturus maculosus

Here together with Salamander by Bullyland and red salamander by Safari Tennessee Aquarium.

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:04 am

Oh, such a beauty!! Big congratulations to such a rare catch cheers 

1995 is added now (and "northern" to the name).
So the salamanders seems to be one of the very first sets, together with geckos&chameleons, the lizards, water snakes&moray eels.
Obviously a reptile/amphibian year...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:05 am

A very beautieful catch!!

Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:23 pm

Congrats! It seems as if PV is just as mysterious as Safari Ltd.! We seem to be finding figures and information we never knew existed from both companies.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Big Congratulation dear Yvette, it is an impressive catch  Applause 
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 3:05 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
WOW! How did I miss this topic?!  Anyway, back around 2003 I made a list of all the figures I could find at the time.  It's not all inclusive, but after a quick glance at the list on the first page, I can provide the following:

EXOTIC BEETLES - I have a picture of this set somewhere; once I find it, I'll post it w/ additonal info.
Carrion Beetle
Weevil (Eupholus sp.)
Fungus Beetle
Goliath Beetle (Goliathus sp.)
Jumnos ruckeri
Macrodontia cervicornis
South African Longhorn Beetle *without picture, I can't remember which one*
Woodboring Beetle - I belive a Buprestid (Metallic Woodboring Beetle / Jewel Beetle), but can't remember.

I'll try to find all the pictures I have (many came from PlayVisions original website or distributors) and I'll take a look over the list to see if I can add anything else.

I am not convinced there is a buprestid beetle in this set. The cerambycid with the wings spread is labeled 'South African longhorned beetle) and I think it's Tragocephala variegata (I know, the antennae are a bit short in the figure, but the color and location in South Africa are supportive). The figure marked 'wood boring beetle' is clearly a cerambycid and looks to be Rosenbergia straussi. The carrion beetle is genus Nicrophorus and the fungus beetle is family Erotylidae (looks akin to Megalodacninae but I dont know the tropical fauna)

By the way, the hard tick (which I recently acquired) is labeled 'deer tick' but this is not correct. Deer ticks implies the genus Ixodes, and the presence of eyes and festoons eliminated this as a possibility. I believe it is a wood tick (Dermacentor) or possibly Amblyomma maculatum. It appears to be a male, regardless :). Also, the dust mite might be better attributable to Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus. I see you already caught the other error (soft tick identified as a chigger). To be so detailed to create ectoparasites, one would think they'd get the names better.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:33 pm

The names of the set with lemurs is "Lemurs and Prosimians" , indian animals set named "Chitwan National Park" , african animals with sitatunga is "Okavango national park" and south american animals set is "Manu National Park".

Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:11 pm

oh wow, thank you for that detailled information, that is wonderful!
manu I knew, but the other titles are new to me!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Froggie wrote:
oh wow, thank you for that detailled information, that is wonderful!
manu I knew, but the other titles are new to me!

I think i can find some more informations next time. And i really hope not only that. The problem is i get no answers for my emails.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:46 pm

widukind wrote:
The names of the set with lemurs is "Lemurs and Prosimians" , indian animals set named "Chitwan National Park" , african animals with sitatunga is "Okavango national park" and south american animals set is "Manu National Park".

Great work Andreas! cheers
I will update Toy ANimal Wiki according with the information you obtained. Thanks for sharing the information here and also thanks to Blaine some other updates at the wiki were already made. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 4:36 pm

In the chitwan set is no orang utan, there is a tiger.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:55 pm

widukind wrote:

Yes, as soon as you revealed the name of the set, we started working on orangutan dismissal. Laughing Tiger was proposed originally and whoever did it, did it right.
Can you confirm all others? Especially the Javan rhino? Couldn't it be an Indian rhino instead? Thanks again for your good work. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:59 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

Yes, as soon as you revealed the name of the set, we started working on orangutan dismissal.  Laughing Tiger was proposed originally and whoever did it, did it right.
Can you confirm all others? Especially the Javan rhino? Couldn't it be an Indian rhino instead? Thanks again for your good work. Very Happy

Yes, the others are right. Yes, there is a javan rhino :)

What are also questions?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 7:52 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

Yes, as soon as you revealed the name of the set, we started working on orangutan dismissal.  Laughing Tiger was proposed originally and whoever did it, did it right.

What are also questions?

Thanks, that's strange once as far as I could read, there's no Javan rhinos in this natural park, only Indian rhinos that are quite similar. study
The question marks means that we still don't know the number marked in each figure. They are important to determine which figure belongs to which bulk because some sets have the same figures with different numbers. We also use to put the animal name marked on figures as always as it is known. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 6:19 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

What are also questions?

Thanks, that's strange once as far as I could read, there's no Javan rhinos in this natural park, only Indian rhinos that are quite similar. study
The question marks means that we still don't know the number marked in each figure. They are important to determine which figure belongs to which bulk because some sets have the same figures with different numbers. We also use to put the animal name marked on figures as always as it is known. Very Happy

Of a small pic it looks more like a javan rhino (but the pic is small and my eyes more like a mole) but a indian rhino have a sense :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 8:45 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

What are also questions?

Of a small pic it looks more like a javan rhino (but the pic is small and my eyes more like a mole) but a indian rhino have a sense :)

:lol:I think regarding these two species we are all moles. It is not easy to identify a Javan rhino from an Indian rhino, mainly when you're seeing toys. Very Happy  As a point of curiousity, I am adding the two diagrams that AnimalCorner uses to their anatomy. Laughing
One of the most relevant differences is that skin folds are less evident in Javan rhinos. Hard to see indeed. So, I think it is safe to assume it is an Indian rhinoceros. Very Happy  Will you get these figures?

Javan rhino and Indian rhino

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 8:12 am

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

What are also questions?

:lol:I think regarding these two species we are all moles. It is not easy to identify a Javan rhino from an Indian rhino, mainly when you're seeing toys. Very Happy  As a point of curiousity, I am adding the two diagrams that AnimalCorner uses to their anatomy. Laughing
One of the most relevant differences is that skin folds are less evident in Javan rhinos. Hard to see indeed. So, I think it is safe to assume it is an Indian rhinoceros. Very Happy  Will you get these figures?

Javan rhino and Indian rhino

Yes i will get but i lost more and more my hope. I sent a lot of emails but i get no answer.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:39 pm

widukind wrote:

Yes i will get but i lost more and more my hope. I sent a lot of emails but i get no answer.

That's a pity! Sad I hope you are lucky and you get them.
In any case save the pic of the sale, it may be useful. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

That's a pity! Sad I hope you are lucky and you get them.
In any case save the pic of the sale, it may be useful. Very Happy

The pics are not a problem.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next