Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022

Go down 
+43
Bonnie
landrover
Mgarat
costicuba
Wilorvise
bjarki12
Dark Pegasus
Shanti
Tarunyada
sadie3112
Dum_my
ulinuk
Carola
NightLioness
Miss Jane
arafan
Pony
LeeAnn
Florian
Bloodrayne
NandO
christinavanderschouw
aandmkw
SyLoBe
Kikimalou
animalluvr6
Saarlooswolfhound
JonasV
Mastiffcat
animallover4jesus
Fisva
Jolinem
ken yeo
SUSANNE
Elros Alvar
STORMnl
widukind
Roger
scot(t)
Naisu-tyan
HKHollinstone
Ana
A-J
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 3:56 pm

Thank you all for your kind replies flower

Roger wrote:
I don't know how to tell it but i enjoy the way you work with the different density of the colors in different parts of the body. How you avoid excessive contrast where it is not needed.
Thanks :) this was a big part of my experimentation with acrylic paints. I wanted to create some depth in coat using different colours. It took a lot of layers of paint but I'm pleased to see that others notice the effect I was trying to create Very Happy

Ana wrote:
I also feel very honored and happy that you decided to paint the Mojo Quagga!
I think I added the Quagga to my collection very soon after it came out, so it has been standing in my collection for too long without a repaint. The figure has always reminded me of the collaboration between STS members/artists and a major (then very new) animal figure brand and I'm happy I have know added to that sentiment by repainting it Surprised

SUSANNE wrote:
What a wonderful, funny, happy, great, picture bounce cat cheers cat Applause cat cat
I just can't stop giggling and smiling and laughing when I spot another hilarious detail lol!
Each one has his/her own expression and personality Very Happy
Ohhh, may I use it as my new screen wall paper, please

I almost forgot myself that I took that picture and I remember having fun taking the picture :) Of course you can use it! I would be honored Embarassed cheers

Quote :
perhapas the foal may be a quagga-foal ?
I don't thing we know what colour they had as new borne, or do we ? scratch

I think I came across a taxerdermy Quagga foal picture, but I think the colours were a bit faded...
found it, it's in Iziko-South African Museum. A picture of it can be found on the quagga project website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] And I think the one is this zebra and Quagga group picture in Mainz museum is a Quagga foal: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bonnie wrote:
It also looked like a lovely model to start with- do you remember what was in this bag of plastic dogs/ what brand they were/ where you found them? I would be so interested to know, the original model reminds me of Chap Mei!

They might be Chap Mei, I'm not entirely sure. The bag was just a mix of all sorts of unbranded plastic dogs and other animals but I think some of the dogs were Chap Mei (or knock offs? I don't know too much about the brand to know if there are any fake copies)

The Nova Scotia was quite a fun custom. I took the original model and compared it to breeds in my dog breed encyclopedia until I stumbled upon this breed, that I didn't know very well before and decided that it would be prefect for this project Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 4:28 pm

Definitely prefect for this project, such a wonderful breed! Very Happy And thank you very much for the information too! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 4:03 am

This is so wonderful repaint Anne ! cheers Applause cheers
The beautiful model from Anna , now looks really great. I love everything on it.
All deatails and colours are perfect !
And I agree with Suzanne for the Tigers`s selfie photo. It brought me so much laugh back on time. And now again. Laughing It is just perfect ! Very Happy

A-J

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 11:42 am

After posting the quagga I realized that I have done a few more customs between the tigers and the quagga that I never showed you here.

I think you will enjoy seeing them so I will start by an animal that I had never previously painted before: A roebuck. I don't know what the original mold was. It's made of a hard plastic and I found it somewhere in a second-hand shop. Unfortunately it's antlers had already broken off then so I never knew how it looked like with antlers. I had toyed with the idea of sculpting new ones, but in the end I left them as stumps since it the wild you could encounter roebucks like that too and I think there are very few animal figures out there of this 'less impressive' state of a stag.  rendeer

Enough talk for now, here are some pictures:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 2:05 pm

wonderful repaint! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 4:33 pm

Oh wow, excellent job! It is a stunning figure.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 5:29 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 5:59 pm

So excited to see this, the photos aren't working at the moment for me but I'll remember to check back on this topic later! Very Happy bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 6:02 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 6:53 pm

It turned out so beautiful, I especially love the pattern on its face.
The fur detail also really pops on the sculpt now.
A perfect paint job to go with this regal stance.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 9:23 pm

A wonderful model made gorgeous cheers

And what a brilliant idea to make him in early spring, - the thickness of the fur fits perfectly Applause Applause

Burgerenby wrote:
The fur detail also really pops on the sculpt now.....

You are so right, Burg Very Happy

A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 1:18 pm

Time to update this topic again.

A while ago I set myself a fun challenge: customize playmobil figures.

I know the playmobil design has their own charm, and I have nothing against that (Playmobil was a great part of my childhood actually I love you ) But I found a bag of some playmobil figures in a second-hand shop and thought it would be fun to customize a few to make them more realistic, or 'my style'.

The first one was this tiny kitten:
I will have to tell you that this was before I got my apoxie sculpt, so I customized it with airdrying clay and it was agony. I can say that on this scale I really had to push the limits of my sculpting abilities with this material. I was very happy once I got the sculpting done and was able to start painting.

The next one I did was a pony. I don't have a before photo unfortunately, but it was a much better scale to work on with airdrying clay than the kitty. I'm not sure it is perfectly anatomically accurate, or as what breed it could be categorized, but I loved painting it as a pintaloosa.

With both of those I decided to paint them with an interesting/complicated pattern to add more detail with the painting instead of just with the sculpt.

Then I started using apoxie sculpt and I wanted to see what difference it would make, so I decided to custom a kitty again. I posed his head a little higher (since playmobil can do that) this time. And the sculpting process was so much more fun with this time Very Happy

I named him "Mr. Wink" since I thought it was fun to make him wink.
For the painting I let other people suggest different patterns and colours so I would attempt something that I wouldn't usually do.

unpainted:

A hidden feature is that one if his white spots is shaped as a mustache  Razz  

A comparison:

I have one more playmobil custom that I did with apoxie sculpt to show you (a seal) but I will post that later!

And thanks again everyone for your nice comments on my roebuck!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 4:39 pm

Those kittens are too cute! You did a very nice job on them. The pony is my favorite however, I just love the paintwork/pattern you chose.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 5:59 pm

They are incredibly charming!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 10:56 pm

They're really beautiful and much more realistic than the average Playmobil. The horse looks like a Tinker even if not in a super hairy version.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 11:35 am

I love this idea, and the results are amazing, from simple Playmobil models to these beautifully realistic animals! cheers I love how you have chosen to paint them in a really realistic way, with lots of detail and colours! cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 6:28 pm

What a metamorphosis! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 7:46 pm

Amazing , WOW !!! cheers

They are too cute, and so tiny and so well made Applause

I am very, very impressed Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 9:35 pm

You made an incredible work on these Playmobil, if you hadn't said it I never would have guessed. As for this apoxie, it looks very interesting to me. I currently use milliput, but it is sometimes less easy to use than Green stuff. Have you ever used these materials to have a point of comparison?
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 9:57 pm

Thank you all! flower

Kikimalou wrote:
... As for this apoxie, it looks very interesting to me. I currently use milliput, but it is sometimes less easy to use than Green stuff. Have you ever used these materials to have a point of comparison?

I have never used milliput or Green stuff before. I have seen many people use it online so I know of it, but unfortunately I can't compare them. I think there was a good video out there there that did compare the different materials... I will get back to you later is I can find.

The sculpting materials I have used so far are mainly Aves Apoxie sculpt (which I'm still getting the hang of) for customizing and Super sculpey firm for original sculptures. And as I mentioned I did use air drying clay for customizing in the past.

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 2:31 pm

Here is the promised seal. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking:

The pattern was a lot of fun to paint

I hope you like this one too! flower

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 6:56 pm

Another beautiful transformation!

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 8:50 pm

Very beautiful repaint! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 9:54 pm

I love that pattern, looks very natural.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 11:52 pm

Oh my goodness, just too cute! Really great details on this one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022   A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022 - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

A-J's CMs, Playmobil updated January 17, 2022
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next