Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breeds of the World

Go down 
+4
Kristie
pipi6
Silver Unicornis
SyLoBe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

Breeds of the World  Empty
PostSubject: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:46 pm

I´ve seen a couple of horses I like from the Breeds of the World serie, but I can´t find which scale are they. I can see they are quite big, but I don´t know if they are Classic, Traditional, or maybe something intermediate... If anyone can help I would be glad :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 5:37 pm

They are in Little Bits scale - very similar to Collecta horses :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Ouch, they looked bigger xD I really like them, but in this case I don´t like the price I´ve found. Thank you very much for the info!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
pipi6

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 1:05 am

The ones near where I live are about $23 Canadian.

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:52 am

We have them in our store and they are roughly paddock pal scale. Smaller than classic, but bigger than stablemate. I think also called "curio" scale. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:09 am

Could you post a pic comparing sizes with a Schleich horse? :)

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:42 pm

I'm afraid I don't have any Breeds of the World in my collection, but I'll try to remember when I go to work Monday to take some comparison pix for you. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Soulds good! Thanks :)

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Pony

Pony

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:54 pm

Yep, just a tad smaller than classics. I must say, though I have seen them in person and breyer has done a beautiful job with them! Wink

pipi6

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:19 am

I just got the arabian. I will post pics sonn...

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 9:12 pm

Oh, yes please, post some pics! Very Happy Very Happy

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi,
here are some shots comparing Breyer and one of the bigger Schleichs
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 pm

Again, like it happens with CollectA, Bodies doesn't look too long when compared with Schleich. I think that Schleich horses are usually short legged and it makes them look much smaller when comparing figures.
Also I cannot see a huge difference in head sizes.
It is interesting that short legged horses result very interesting to the usual customer. I like them best with long legs like in CollectA or Breyer but I know that different breeds have different leg sizes and also 2 distinct kind of horses of the same breed can have also longer or shorter legs. study
Thanks for pictures, they are very informative. cheers flower

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:54 am

They're sculpted by Eberl aren't they?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:15 pm

These two shown here are by Eberl :)

I didn't know resin Totilas was so big - he's obviously bigger than Andalusian (and presumably other models from this series). I'm thinking of getting both of them, and Quarter Horse (not by Eberl) from this series too Cool

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 pm

I don´t really think Schleich horses are short legged. In fact I think the length of the Shcleichs´legs is ok, the problem is that they are not slim enough, so they look shorter.

Thank you for posting the pics! I thought they were bigger Sad But I like them anyway, so I´ll think about getting them or not.

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breeds of the World    Breeds of the World  Empty

Back to top Go down

Breeds of the World
Page 1 of 1