Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The shires 2013

Go down 
+13
SyLoBe
Elros Alvar
bojan
Roger
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
Kristie
Ana
Carola
ReinbowSchleich
Saarlooswolfhound
Taylcoel
widukind
SUSANNE
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

The shires 2013 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Yes, you are all right :) But the manes aren't that yellowy Very Happy
Thanks for the good explenation people :)

I love horses with beards. It's really cute Razz I use to pull it a bit when she's naughty.
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:30 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This horse is grey, not perlino. And its mane is "a bit" cleaner than the Schelich Shire´s :)

I didn't say it was perlino,I was saying they can have a similar color to the Schleich Shire mare (I know her mane and tail is more yellow.But she could be a rare color Wink ).I don't get too it to the colors when considering it's just a repilca :)It doesn't matter anyway Wink
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:27 pm

HorseFriendzy wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:

This horse is grey, not perlino. And its mane is "a bit" cleaner than the Schelich Shire´s :)

I didn't say it was perlino,I was saying they can have a similar color to the Schleich Shire mare (I know her mane and tail is more yellow.But she could be a rare color Wink ).I don't get too it to that colors when considering it's just a repilca :)It doesn't matter anyway Wink
Yes my shire mare dont have that yellow mane, is only the made in Wink germany.

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:

Could you post a pic of yours?

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
HorseFriendzy wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:

I didn't say it was perlino,I was saying they can have a similar color to the Schleich Shire mare (I know her mane and tail is more yellow.But she could be a rare color Wink ).I don't get too it to that colors when considering it's just a repilca :)It doesn't matter anyway Wink

Oh Good! :) I perfer the lighter mane and tail
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:59 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
Álvaro/schleich wrote:

Could you post a pic of yours?

He has pictures under the "Genral additions" page :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Thanks you here you can see more Wink

And some of the little shire foal from China :)

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:30 pm

For once a "made in China" is painted nicer than a German one.

Her hooves are very detailed :)
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:49 pm

HorseFriendzy wrote:
For once a "made in China" is painted nicer than a German one.

Her hooves are very detailed :)
. Yes the shire mare made in china is more realistic and the german one is like a fantasy horse

*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Her hooves are nice indeed. But she has no horseshoes. I wonder why Schleich suddently goes with no silverpaint horseshoes on her. Not that I mind, I juat wonder Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:44 pm

Carola wrote:
Her hooves are nice indeed. But she has no horseshoes. I wonder why Schleich suddently goes with no silverpaint horseshoes on her. Not that I mind, I juat wonder Rolling Eyes
I think it is because she is an elf's horse. Look at the picture at page 119 in the 2013 catalog. The elfs perhaps do not have shoes on their horses? :)
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:30 am

Horses don't have to have shoes (especialy if they don't do jumping).I don't reccomend getting them shod,it cuts off blood curcalation in their feet,and you cant turn them out with their halters on,because if they scracth their chin with their hoof,the end of the shoe can get caught in the halter,which would cause them to fall over and break their legs.
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:34 am

Other reasons:
A.Walls cannot wear & maintain normal shape/length
- unnatural stresses on hoof as walls get too long
- incorrect trim cannot be worn away
B.Vibration (800 Hz)
- destroys hoof wall and tissue
- causes structural abnormalities in laminar corium, leading to compromised coffin bone suspension
- causes irritation of ligament & tendon attachments to periosteum of bones & joint cartilage
C.Hoof mechanism is impaired
- reduced shock absorption with fixation of the wall
- impact travels up leg & stresses joints, etc.
- ossifications
- coffin bone impacts sole which cannot draw flat
- circulation in the hoof is reduced
- heart is overstressed (without support from hooves)
- poor cell nutrition & reduced temperature
- reduced cell metabolism
- reduced horn quality and quantity - excessive waste metabolic protein unused in hoof production remains in bloodstream
- over stressing of kidneys, liver, skin
D. Physical trauma (bruising, etc.) to hoof tissues
E.Weight causes unnatural strains on joints & ligaments through centrifugal effects
F. Traction compromised: too little on smooth, slick terrain, too much on softer ground
G. Deformation & contraction of the hoof
- heel pain or "navicular syndrome"
- thrush
- skeletal & muscular stresses, conformational changes
H. Negative effects of nails
- physical damage to wall (holes)
- dehydration of white line horn
- vibrations affecting horn & corium
- insulation breached (metal conducts cold into foot, decreasing corium temperature and cell metabolism)
I. Danger & severity of injury increased
- to the horse itself (caught in wire, interference, etc.)
- to people
- to other horses
J.Damage to properties, trails, etc. increased dramatically
K.Prevents proper development of young horse's foot & coffin bone (especially palmar processes)
L. Orthopedic possibilities do not exist (circulation is reduced, while healing requires increased circulation)
M."Incorrect" shoeing increases rate & severity of damage
justa thought to add is that they can hurt other horses bedly if they are out in stead of just giving them a good wacking they will cut the skin. and also the other reason is that it makes their hooves soft as butter, well maybe not that soft but when they aren't walking on solid ground their hooves get softer from not being accustomed to hard ground hence why mustangs that live northern regions of the world, with rockier ground have harder feet then your normals turf walker. mountain living mustangs are the sturdiest all around
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:24 am

Ínteresting !
Basicly I also prefer my horses not to be shoed, but it is not always possible.

I have had horses for 46 years, almost only riding in nature.
My experience is that they need to have shoes if you live in a cultivated area, and if you ride them more than, say , 5 hours a week on tarmac, gravel and such.

In the wild horses do not trot and galop on abbrasive surface for hours on end, every day, week after week.

Contrary to superstition, my Cremello has enormously strong, elastic hooves.
Many a farrier has been sweating when trimming her hooves, because they are so hard to cut.
In periods where I had time to ride her a lot, I always hoped to be able to avoid having her shod, but after some weeks she would begin to feel sore, and I had to have her shod, at least on the front legs.

If we take the example of the Icelandic horses.
The mares and youngsters often run wild in the mountains the whole summer.
It goes without saying that they aren`t shod.
Often the mountains are very abbrasive ( lava ), but it doesn`t matter, because they move around as is natural for them.

But as soon as they are being used as mounts, it is a completely different matter.
The rider decides the speed, the route, and puts a lot to the weight with which the hooves hit the ground, which is usually not nice, soft grass.
For hours and hours day after day....
So the riding horses have to have shoes on.

BUT ! It is no exaggeration that a good farrier is worth his/her weight in gold !
I would NEVER dream of letting an un-certified person shoe my horse !
In Denmark the education takes 5 years, part of which is on the Royal Vetenary School.
It is a very serious education.
A good farrier is expensive, but worth every cent !!!
And of course the hooves should be trimmed every 8 - 10 weeks or so if the horse has shoes on.
That is simply a question of good horsemanship Wink

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Tove wrote:
Carola wrote:
I think it is because she is an elf's horse. Look at the picture at page 119 in the 2013 catalog. The elfs perhaps do not have shoes on their horses? :)

I do see your point, but looking at this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- I think elf horses can also wear shoes cheers

And thank you HorseFriendzy and Susanne for telling about why horses wear shoes and why some does not cheers
Now I got a little wiser on the horse topic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:26 pm

Horses with or without shoes... I think we can´t say one thing or the other. I think each case should be evaluated individually, maybe horse A can be barehoof but the horse B, with the same complexity, doing exactly the same, living in the same place and eating the same food need the shoes because can´t be barehoof.

Personally, I´d like to have my mare without shoes but here where I live the countryside is so arid and abrassive that shoes are necessary in most of the cases.

About the Schleich Shires... Can´t wait to see them in person. Can´t decide if I like her or not... I think I do like the foal, however :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:27 pm

The Shire mare is not a fairy horse.They just modeled the tack on her,just like Lusitano gelding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The shires 2013   The shires 2013 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The shires 2013
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3