Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The new Papo Polar bear, 2013

Go down 
+16
lucky luke
ken yeo
bojan
MartinH
Carola
scot(t)
Roger
HKHollinstone
Saarlooswolfhound
orcagirl26
Ana
widukind
Kikimalou
Bloodrayne
Kristie
SUSANNE
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 Empty
PostSubject: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:53 pm

The previous Polar bear from Papo is ever so beautyful, like a small sculpture.
It is hard to succeed such a lovely bear, but the new one is really fine, also  Very Happy

Probably a question, which one you like best ... depends how high you score the artistic value compared to accuracy Wink  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looking at the whole Papo-family, there surely has been a development  Laughing

The cub here is certainly a great improvement...sorry, little, older baby  silent
Spielzeugguenstig only have this one, but there are two more sibling.

Now let`s take a walkaround.
Photobucket has a bad habit of reversing the order of the pictures, even if they claim that it has been fixed .
I hope it is ok that you start from the last picture  Laughing

Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:07 pm

Congrats Susanne! The previous polar bear is still my favorite (and still on my wishlist!).

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Kristie wrote:
Congrats Susanne! The previous polar bear is still my favorite (and still on my wishlist!).

-Kristie

Thankyou, Kristie flower

I agree. The new one is beautyful, but the previous is absolutely fantastic Very Happy

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:52 pm

The bear looks really nice.
I like the fur and I like the head as well.
But no sculpted foot soles again?
Why Papo? WHY? Crying or Very sad

Baby bear is super cute though and indeed a big improvement.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:13 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Kristie wrote:

-Kristie

Thankyou, Kristie flower

I agree. The new one is beautyful, but the previous is absolutely fantastic Very Happy

It's the same for me, I love so much the previous it will be hard to steal the place drunken

Thank you Susanne for your great walkaround cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:46 pm

A very good polar bear model!! Congrats Susanne cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Great walk around and lovely new polar bear! Thank You for sharing Susanne! Very Happy cheers sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:54 pm

They're both nice figures, but I really don't like the polar bear cub that's standing, he is cute but looks like a totem pole to me Neutral
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:21 pm

I just think the baby bear looks like he needs a hug really bad! Laughing I like these bears much better than their catalog pics, for some reason they looked off to me. Seeing MUCH
better pics now though I like them a lot. Congrats Susanne!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:38 pm

I still love the old version too, but this new one is very pretty and her cubs are completely adorable!! I'm waiting till the other papos are available before I get these three.
Congratulations Susanne, thank you for the exellent photos cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Thanks Susanne for opening another interesting topic. Very Happy
From your excelent pictures I have a feeling that the new polar bear is a very good figure, with fantastic proportions, long neck, correct head and nice pose. Apparently a little better than the previous one. Although, I agree the previous figure is more exciting and has a remarkable stance. I agree with Bloodraine, there is no way of understanding why the bottom of feet are not sculpted. This is a big minus in a figure that is so nicely detailed. Also, this is enough to keep my preference with the Safari polar bear. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Thankyou friends for all the interesting and friendly commets   sunny

orcagirl26 wrote:
They're both nice figures, but I really don't like the polar bear cub that's standing, he is cute but looks like a totem pole to me Neutral

It seems thay do look like that sometimes. I googeled for "playing Polar bear cubs", and the first picture I got, was this one  Very Happy

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:06 am

Thanks for the great walkaround Susanne! Your pictures make me a lot more excited about the Adult Polar Bear than I was previously. Like everyone, it seems, I still like the older Papo Polar Bear, which is just fantastic. Like Roger, I think I may still have a slight preference for the Safari version over this new Papo. But I'll have to see it in person before I know.

(I am, however, not a fan of the polar bear cubs. I'll be interested to see pictures of the other two cubs -- there are three altogether, right? -- but the pictures that Papo has made available haven't really wowed me.)

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:26 am

Lovely addition Susanne. She looks lovely and the sculpt looks like it's very true to it's source. Seems like Papo are good with their research, it's a beautiful sculpt Very Happy Except that with the paws... Or maybe they were just lazy? But being lazy can become a shot in the foot....
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:42 pm

I love them!! new bears are really great! Congrats Susanne :) Sad(o)):

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Thankyou again, friends Very Happy

Carola, Laughing I am sure they are trying to make money being lazy Laughing

Scott, yes, there are three cubs. I hope to get the other two later, they look ever so cute Wink

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Thank you for great presentation! Sad(o)):
Well, I was thinking about getting the new polar bear, but now after seeing his paws I changed my mind. I hope other new Papo releases won't have such stupid mistakes.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:19 pm

The Safari Polar bear has been mentioned several times, so here are a couple of comparisons :

We MUST say that Safari is better at making paws  Wink

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Still Papo bear looks better IMO and that's what counts in the end.
Unless you have a foot fetish ofcourse.
Then you would have a real problem. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:35 pm

Very interesting pictures! My crocodile ears are up with the Papo polar bear! albino Laughing
As I commented, it looks a very good figure, in my opinion better than the previous, if I find it better than the Safari one, what I am not sure, I'll consider to get it. I see it is more massive than Safari's, it may be correct for a polar bear and to keep the spread legs of Papo too! Laughing
One thing I am sure, it looks much better than Schleich polar bear of 2012! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:

Unless you have a foot fetish ofcourse.
Then you would have a real problem. Laughing

Roger wrote:
My crocodile ears are up with the Papo polar bear! albino Laughing

cheers lol! lol! lol!

Croger, you ARE a very unusual croc alien drunken

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 12:12 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Roger wrote:
My crocodile ears are up with the Papo polar bear! albino Laughing

cheers lol! lol! lol!

Croger, you ARE a very unusual croc alien drunken

Unusual??? Very traditional indeed, Susanne! flower I was only enjoying the Carnival! Laughing clown albino

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 6:25 am

Congrats Susanne! I love both!!

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:44 pm

Congratulations Susanne! cheers Sad(o)):
nice collection! bounce
This little guy up! jocolor
A visit my Eisberg before the end of the week, the whole horde was waiting impatiently drunken
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:05 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou friends for all the interesting and friendly commets   sunny

orcagirl26 wrote:

It seems thay do look like that sometimes. I googeled for "playing Polar bear cubs", and the first picture I got, was this one  Very Happy

True, what makes it look like a totem pole to me is because both of his hands are in the same position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Papo Polar bear, 2013   The new Papo Polar bear, 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

The new Papo Polar bear, 2013
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next