Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Icelandic horses

Go down 
+10
Roger
widukind
Cyhyraeth
lucky luke
aandmkw
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
remrock02
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

horses - Icelandic horses Empty
PostSubject: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Here my little collection of Icelandic HORSES (Not ponies!!)
First the ones going the gait TÔLT.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

From left
-the bay Schleich-Icey goes Work-Tölt", a steady gait that they can go for a long time. It is very comfortable for the rider. The horse can go like this without a rider.
- The palomino and brown ones are from Bully. They go a good competiton-Tölt even if they are in their winter woolies. They will be soaking wet from sweat if the rider is not careful.
- The last one from Safai goes a hammering world-class competition Tölt. Few horses can manage this and very, very few riders can make them do it. It is not comfortable, and it only used to impress the judges.

The horse is roan, a very rare colour that stems from the fact that the wool is white and "the overcoat" any horse-colour. In summer this horse will be grey with black "extremes", in winter black. This horse must have been shaven to avoid excess sweating. In spring the light area is white, not beige, due to the long, black coat being shed before the white wool.

Here the rest, the two Schleich geldings and Bully Mares with foals.
I love the silver dappeled color of no 2 from left

flower

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:55 pm

Beautiful Icelandic HORSES Laughing Susanne, I love the Safari 2010!!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Nice collection of a great breed of horse. I just got my new Safari 2010 model and I love it!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:09 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Beautiful Icelandic HORSES Laughing Susanne, I love the Safari 2010!!

Yes, maybe he is the one I like best this year Very Happy
- but then I do not have so much variation, - mainly Schleich....
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks for putting up together & for me the best of the two are still schleich & Safari Ltd
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:05 pm

Great collection of these little horses Susanne!
I do have quit a few of them too.
And i think i have a darker vrsion of one of your Bullylands, and maybe the same in a light version.

And i do have these 2 Schleich horses, i just missed the end of the auction for the darker one, which went away for little money... Crying or Very sad

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:43 am

Great that you like them too cheers
Thanks, Willy I love you
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:30 am

You are welcome Susanne, i like all animals you know... Rolling Eyes cheers

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:40 am

They are beautiful. Great collection. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Susanne fine collection it is so beautiful, and Willy good addition.
I own some specimen, and Icelanders Schleich Bully, but I quit collecting them, but I love them they are beautiful.
I specialized in wildlife already cella pierces my wallet.
Very Happy pale
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:05 pm

lucky luke wrote:
Susanne fine collection it is so beautiful, and Willy good addition.
I own some specimen, and Icelanders Schleich Bully, but I quit collecting them, but I love them they are beautiful.
I specialized in wildlife already cella pierces my wallet.
Very Happy pale

Aaaah, yes. If only we could own them all.
Gosh, all the visits to good resturants, fancy clothes, holidays to Hawai...but I prefer the li`l plastic toys Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:06 am

Great Iceys! I love that breed.
And what do you think, which Icey (including the 2012 ones) is the most anatomically correct?

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Very nice horses!! Congratulations Susanne!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Last week I promised to make a follow-up on the Icelandic horses, and at last : Here are some more photoes Very Happy

The old family from Bullyland :

They come in many colours, - here the stallions

The mares :

And the foals ( the black foal has had socks and star painted on by some amateur silent

In 2011 Bullyland brought a new Icey-family. The foal is lovely Wink

In 2012, Papo brought a pinto Icey as a supplement to the blue dun one, - I LOVE both , even if their tölt is a bit forced Wink

Isn`t this a charmer ? Very Happy Very Happy

I think this picture of the first Schleich ones is a little better than the previous one here :

The Schleich Iceys from 2012 :

OK stallion

But the mare, auch !!!! Suspect
As she clearly is in her winter woolies, she must have a back like a sawhorse What a Face

The foal is cute, but unfortunately it has inherited the terrible neck from Mom, poor thing geek

All in all, aren`t we lucky to have so many different Icey-models to choose from ? cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:02 pm

We are lucky indeed of having so many Iceys to choose and also of having you to present us this marvelous topic! cheers
My interest with these animals is growing due to your knowledgeable presentations. I think this kind of topics, can help growing the horse fever in members that never considered collecting these figures. Thanks for updating this tread and I hope, our horse people can show some more topics like these. flower

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:09 pm

"Cool" horses again Susanne cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Roger wrote:
We are lucky indeed of having so many Iceys to choose and also of having you to present us this marvelous topic! cheers
My interest with these animals is growing due to your knowledgeable presentations. I think this kind of topics, can help growing the horse fever in members that never considered collecting these figures. Thanks for updating this tread and I hope, our horse people can show some more topics like these. flower

Thankyou, Croger sunny

Yes, - I think we must soon have a topic about Tinky-tinkers too cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:37 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thankyou, Croger sunny

Very Happy that would be very interesting. I remember my niece choosing a Schleich Tinker as her favorite horse. flower
Also I think we can find them in Safari, Papo, Schleich and Bullyland what would make a great tread. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyTue May 14, 2013 5:47 am

I also think this topic is very interesting. Thank You Susanne!! cheers

I think my favorites are old schleich geldings (these in standing pose) and I like their colors too Very Happy

New schleichs I don't really like scratch

Congratulations for new Papo color variant and for all fantastic collection of Iceys cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:27 am

Thankyou, Anna sunny I like the old Schleich best, too Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Andreas, yes, "cool" ice(eys) cheers

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:49 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thankyou, Croger sunny

I agree cheers Would be really great with more threads each appreciating each horse breed(or any other specie of animal), like thise one. I really like the concept. And like Roger says, informative presentations will certainly increase ones feel of value to the figure and also overall interest about the breed itself, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:06 pm

Carola wrote:

I agree cheers Would be really great with more threads each appreciating each horse breed(or any other specie of animal), like thise one. I really like the concept. And like Roger says, informative presentations will certainly increase ones feel of value to the figure and also overall interest about the breed itself, I think.

It is a good idea! Such topics would be very informative for everyone, as well as it would be great to post pictures of our figures of each species/breeds :)
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:53 pm

nice horses!  cheers  cheers  cheers

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 2:26 am

Great that this set is brought up again ! Here is the Special Edition set from 2013 :

As far as I know, it was only sold in USA, and 4U was so enormously kind to get it for me Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icelandic horses   horses - Icelandic horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Icelandic horses
Page 1 of 1