Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2 elepanths with year?

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
widukind
CilleDK
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CilleDK

CilleDK

Country/State : Denmark

2 elepanths with year? Empty
PostSubject: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 2:52 pm

I bought a little collection schleich and there was to elephanths within.

But they dont have a year dated on them?

They are schleich.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 pm

i think pics would be helpful

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CilleDK

CilleDK

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 2:56 pm

one second ;-)
Back to top Go down
CilleDK

CilleDK

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 3:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 4:20 pm

They are beautyful ! Congratulations flower

Those two elefants were the first elefants of the Wild Life series ( there is a calf also).
The one with head down ( female) was first made in 1989, the other one (male) was first made in 1992.
Some of the first models did not have a year on them. I am not sure when this changed, - perhaps somebody does ???? study

They were made for many years, - perhaps you have been lucky to get some of the first ones ?

Actually this is a VERY interesting subject. It could be fun to know how the inscriptions changed on Schleich models over the years Very Happy bounce

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Congrats, old finds

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CilleDK

CilleDK

PostSubject: wow   2 elepanths with year? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 7:48 pm

their so pretty!

I really like them and yes it could be so much fun to hear when the dated numbers started?

:-)
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:44 pm

yes mine says 92 and 89
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:41 pm

schleich61 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Those two elefants were the first elefants of the Wild Life series ( there is a calf also).
The one with head down ( female) was first made in 1989, the other one (male) was first made in 1992.
Some of the first models did not have a year on them. I am not sure when this changed, - perhaps somebody does ???? study

They were made for many years, - perhaps you have been lucky to get some of the first ones ?

Actually this is a VERY interesting subject. It could be fun to know how the inscriptions changed on Schleich models over the years Very Happy bounce

Maybe they wished to travel incognito... Wink

Laughing Phil, have you been incognito all these days or were you just out for a travel=? Very Happy Nice to see you back. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Congrats CilleDK!

Glad to hear from you that you are good, Phil!

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:55 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Laughing Phil, have you been incognito all these days or were you just out for a travel=? Very Happy Nice to see you back. Very Happy

Hello, Roger, thanks for the salutation. I was seriously ill since November, but am now recovering. Looks like you're stuck
with me again... Crying or Very sad :)

Welcome back Phil, i am happy that you are recovered sunny sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 pm

CilleDK wrote:

..... and yes it could be so much fun to hear when the dated numbers started?

I sent a mail to the Danish distributor of Schleich, asking about when they began moulding the year on the models.

However, it may be the wrong ones to ask. According to their home page, they are distributors of sportswear, and I never heard about them before Laughing Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:55 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Hello, Roger, thanks for the salutation. I was seriously ill since November, but am now recovering. Looks like you're stuck
with me again... Crying or Very sad :)

I'm glad you're feeling better now. It makes me feel even happier seeing you're back. I was actually thinking that some of our North American friends were not visiting the forum these last days, thought in You and Kristie for example. Very Happy
Judging your reply, you look really already in good shape. cheers :)

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:16 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:48 am

SUSANNE wrote:
CilleDK wrote:

..... and yes it could be so much fun to hear when the dated numbers started?

I sent a mail to the Danish distributor of Schleich, asking about when they began moulding the year on the models.

However, it may be the wrong ones to ask. According to their home page, they are distributors of sportswear, and I never heard about them before Laughing Laughing

The Danish distributor has asked by Schleich GmbH.
All they knew/said was that they began putting the year on "Sometimes at the beginning of the `90s " Rolling Eyes
It seems they don´t bother much with collectors Suspect

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 elepanths with year?   2 elepanths with year? Empty

Back to top Go down

2 elepanths with year?
Page 1 of 1