Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problemsunny Time to bring your SUGGESTION for the SUY of March sunny

Share | 
 

 Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko

Go down 
AuthorMessage
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 27268

PostSubject: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Mon May 13, 2013 8:36 am

I got this wonderful snake as the secret from the poison snake serie by Takara Tomy. But no inforations.

And i dont have a book (because i cant find a good) for identification this or other snake(s). So please can anybody help? sunny sunny  sunny  sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

avatar

Country/State : Brazil
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 2101

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Mon May 13, 2013 11:43 am

I think that it's an cape cobra, but why is she o flat? Laughing

_________________
Bryan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 27268

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Mon May 13, 2013 5:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think that it's an cape cobra, but why is she o flat? Laughing

Thank you, she is so flat because i dont allow her to eat each of my other animals Laughing

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

avatar

Country/State : Brazil
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 2101

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Mon May 13, 2013 5:59 pm

lol!

_________________
Bryan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
blackdanter

avatar

Country/State : East Sussex, UK
Age : 51
Joined : 2011-08-05
Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:00 pm

It's not a real species Widukind.

It's a Tsuchinoko, a Japanese mythical snake. Funnily enough it pops up in a lot of extant reptile and crypto sets in Japan. I guess it's a guage of how strongly the Japanese believe in this mythical entity that it's produced so often. Here's a link to the relevant WIKI article.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 27268

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It's not a real species Widukind.

It's a Tsuchinoko, a Japanese mythical snake. Funnily enough it pops up in a lot of extant reptile and crypto sets in Japan. I guess it's a guage of how strongly the Japanese believe in this mythical entity that it's produced so often. Here's a link to the relevant WIKI article.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Welcome here now sunnysunny  And thank you for this important information cheerscheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 31511

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:10 pm

Thankyou, Blackdanter, - very interesting info. And WELLCOME here cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15000

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I got this wonderful snake as the secret from the poison snake serie by Takara Tomy. But no inforations.

And i dont have a book (because i cant find a good) for identification this or other snake(s). So please can anybody help? sunny sunny  sunny  sunny
 This is not an extant specie Andreas, this is a Japanese cryptozoologic legend, the fat adder or Tuchinoko viper.

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15000

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:49 pm

scratch And I musr read more carefully the whole topic before answering Rolling EyesLaughing

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
blackdanter

avatar

Country/State : East Sussex, UK
Age : 51
Joined : 2011-08-05
Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It's not a real species Widukind.

It's a Tsuchinoko, a Japanese mythical snake. Funnily enough it pops up in a lot of extant reptile and crypto sets in Japan. I guess it's a guage of how strongly the Japanese believe in this mythical entity that it's produced so often. Here's a link to the relevant WIKI article.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]




Welcome here now sunnysunny  And thank you for this important information cheerscheers



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thankyou, Blackdanter, - very interesting info. And WELLCOME here cheers
Thank you folks. I actually registered a long time ago but then forgot all about it until Widukind mentioned the forum on a post in the animal toy forum!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 31511

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 pm

Laughing I LOVE this description of the critter 

According to legend, some tsuchinoko have the ability to speak and a propensity for lying, and is also said to have a taste for alcohol..
 cheerslol!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22511

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I thought it was Saint-Exupéry snake. Sometimes misidentified as a hat! elephant
It is from the book "Le Petit Prince" and represents graphically one of the most remarkable thoughts from this book "L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" it means, there is an elephant inside the snake! Laughingdrunken

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NandO

avatar

Country/State : indonesia
Age : 30
Joined : 2013-02-28
Posts : 1108

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
this Tsuchinoko ? mmmhhh... scratch

_________________
NandO
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 27268

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks for all the comments Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   

Back to top Go down
 
Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah
» Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko
» The Takara animals in my zoo
» Takara Tomy Venomous Spiders Set Walkaround
» Mojö fun 2014 - Komodo dragon 387166

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Japanese companies :: Takara Tomy-
Jump to: