Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko

Go down 
+3
blackdanter
arafan
widukind
7 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko Empty
PostSubject: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:36 am

I got this wonderful snake as the secret from the poison snake serie by Takara Tomy. But no inforations.

And i dont have a book (because i cant find a good) for identification this or other snake(s). So please can anybody help? sunny sunny  sunny  sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:43 am

I think that it's an cape cobra, but why is she o flat? Laughing

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:56 pm

arafan wrote:
I think that it's an cape cobra, but why is she o flat? Laughing

Thank you, she is so flat because i dont allow her to eat each of my other animals Laughing

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:59 pm

lol!

blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:00 pm

It's not a real species Widukind.

It's a Tsuchinoko, a Japanese mythical snake. Funnily enough it pops up in a lot of extant reptile and crypto sets in Japan. I guess it's a guage of how strongly the Japanese believe in this mythical entity that it's produced so often. Here's a link to the relevant WIKI article.

Tsuchinoko
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 7:13 pm

blackdanter wrote:

It's a Tsuchinoko, a Japanese mythical snake. Funnily enough it pops up in a lot of extant reptile and crypto sets in Japan. I guess it's a guage of how strongly the Japanese believe in this mythical entity that it's produced so often. Here's a link to the relevant WIKI article.

Tsuchinoko

Welcome here now sunnysunny  And thank you for this important information cheerscheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:10 pm

Thankyou, Blackdanter, - very interesting info. And WELLCOME here cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:47 pm

widukind wrote:
I got this wonderful snake as the secret from the poison snake serie by Takara Tomy. But no inforations.

And i dont have a book (because i cant find a good) for identification this or other snake(s). So please can anybody help? sunny sunny  sunny  sunny
 This is not an extant specie Andreas, this is a Japanese cryptozoologic legend, the fat adder or Tuchinoko viper.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:49 pm

scratch And I musr read more carefully the whole topic before answering Rolling EyesLaughing
Back to top Go down
blackdanter

blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:14 pm

widukind wrote:
blackdanter wrote:

Tsuchinoko

Welcome here now sunnysunny  And thank you for this important information cheerscheers

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, Blackdanter, - very interesting info. And WELLCOME here cheers
Thank you folks. I actually registered a long time ago but then forgot all about it until Widukind mentioned the forum on a post in the animal toy forum!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 pm

Laughing I LOVE this description of the critter 

According to legend, some tsuchinoko have the ability to speak and a propensity for lying, and is also said to have a taste for alcohol..
 cheerslol!

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I thought it was Saint-Exupéry snake. Sometimes misidentified as a hat! elephant
It is from the book "Le Petit Prince" and represents graphically one of the most remarkable thoughts from this book "L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" it means, there is an elephant inside the snake! Laughingdrunken

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:09 am

this Tsuchinoko ? mmmhhh... scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks for all the comments Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko   Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko Empty

Back to top Go down

Takara Tomy Tsuchinoko
Page 1 of 1