Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D

Go down 
+3
AlopexLagopus
widukind
SUSANNE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D Empty
PostSubject: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Last week I was fortunate to win a set of Safari Jungle Authentics, which the seller bought in 1991 , ohh, was I happy  cheers

The funny thing is that the set includes not only the well know six, but also a polar bear and a panda !!!!
I don`t know what they do in the African jungle, especially the polar bear ( !!!!), but they do belong in the set, they are both described in the included folder  Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Big congratulations Susanne for this cute and interesting catch cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Polar bear on the ice of Africa! Laughing

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:01 pm

They have a very naïf design! flower
And the concept is is almost radical, as you noted, we have a kind of African fauna, with a polar bear enjoying African sauna and a giant panda more an Indian rhino making a Safari in Africa. geek Laughing
But... which animal is this one? scratch scratch scratch alien Wink

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Maybe it was somebody's ignorance that caused the "sudden appearance" of polar bear and panda in Africa scratch Or maybe somebody went back to the time in which our continents were joined together and decided to mix the species scratch Still, it doesn't make any sense Laughing
Anyway, fantastic additions Susanne Sad(o)):

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:11 pm

Roger wrote:

But... which animal is this one? scratch scratch scratch alien Wink

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing You are right ! There are no alligators in Africa either  alien  Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Thankyou, Andreas, AL and Agata Very Happy sunny

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Very cute newcomers Susanne Very Happy Congratulations!!! cheers
I think the description on box is only about elephant scratch

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Ana wrote:
Very cute newcomers Susanne Very Happy Congratulations!!! cheers
I think the description on box is  only about elephant scratch

Thankyou Anna   flower  
Ohh, soory I should have shown it better !The description is a long piece of paper, printed on both sides and folded .
Here, I have scanned both sides  Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Thanks Susanne for showing all brochure. Very Happy
It is very interesting, although the intentional cartoon style of this line, it is evident that Safari wanted to give an educational purpose to that line. That's very appreciated but also a huge responsability. Very Happy
Take as example the rhinoceros. It is called rhinoceros but with scientific name of Burchell's zebra (Equus burchellii), also, the idea was an African rhino, not only because it says that the species can be found in Africa but also because they describe them with two horns. As you can see, the figure has a single horn and an armoured looking. It is clearly inspired in an Indian rhino. Species that can only be found in Asia. Very Happy
All figures are easily identifiable even considering the toyish concept. Even the alligator is easy to identify although it looks a purosuchus! Laughing alien flower

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Thank you Susanne for scanning this paper, it's very interesting to see :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Wonderful new additions Susanne!!! I especially love the alligator, although he doesn't live in Africa. Laughing

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:24 pm

You are wellcome, Roger and Anna  Very Happy

Paige, I love the alligator, too !
I have been looking for it with that painting ( with the little spots) for ages, - it is the one that Schleich also sold back in 1993  alien

Well, the 6 of the models seem to be exactly like the ones shown in Gaschers ( Sold by Schleich ´93 ).
I also didn`t have the old lion, here he is together with the much newer version :

The Polar bear and panda were never sold by Schleich, but Safari made a new Polar bear for the set of (ant-) Arctic animals. Here the two together  drunken

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:41 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, Andreas, AL and Agata Very Happy sunny

Yeah AAA Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:10 pm

cheers

PostSubject: Re: The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D   The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

The Jungle Authentics, all 6 and two "visitors" :-D
Page 1 of 1