Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari authentics insect :-)

Go down 
+5
75senta75
landrover
Roger
Katty
SUSANNE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Safari authentics insect :-) Empty
PostSubject: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 am

Thanks to Yvette and Beatrice, these two wonderful ladies queen queen , I now have the complete set of Safari Authentics insects cheers 
I do not know if they are very rare, but I surely wouldn`t have found them without help Very Happy 

They are very nicely made, and marked 1995
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As Westie shows, they are quite large for Authentics-models :

Bee :

Ladybug ( We call them Mariehøns - Mary-hen - in Danish Wink ) :

Scorpion :

Dragonfly ( Gudsmed, - goldsmith - in Danish) :

Butterfly ( Sommerfugl - summer-bird - in Danish ) :

Spider ( Edderkop - cup-of-poison - in Danish Laughing ) :

The spider together with his large cousin from Hidden Kingdom Shocked Wink 

Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Great insects Susanne! That scorpion is very cool. Congrats.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Love topics about complete retired series! Very Happy
Hurray for two ladies who helped you completing the series! cheers
I love lady bugs as everyone, I guess, it is nice to see the Authentics touch in all of these figures. Also the traditional naming of insects inseries where some of the figures are not insects, but what to call? Arthropods? Surely more correct but maybe not suggestive at all! Thanks for sharing, I think these pictures are very nice to TAI!?!? Idea flower

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Is very hard to get these,I like very much collect insects.

There are true treasures and much variety.

Congratulations Susanne

75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Susanne, it´s nice, that you got them all ! Have now all sets from these Authentics in the green box ?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:58 pm

Congratulations Susanne , they are really interesting sunny sunny sunny sunny cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Thankyou, dear friends Very Happy 
It is wonderful to know people who also LOVE "pieces of plastic" as my son calls them Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing 

Roger, - sorry, what is TAI ? Totally Akward Insects ? scratch Very Happy 

75senta75 wrote:
Susanne, it´s nice, that you got them all ! Have now all sets from these Authentics in the green box ?

I think so, except for the Butterfly-series, I have none of those scratch 

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:20 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Laughing No, although It sounds perfect! cheers it is ToyAnimal.Info. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Laughing No, although It sounds perfect! :cheers:it is ToyAnimal.Info. Very Happy

Ohhh! Of course !!!!

Unfortunately I never succeeded to insert pictures in TAI, but perhaps a link ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I still need to take pictures of the Rain forest and the forest models and don`t have the butterfly set..perhaps there are other ???

Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:17 am

Wonderful additions Susanne.
The gallery at TAI is awkward. It is possible to upload directly to the Wiki and place the image on a Wiki page, not too difficult. I have started doing that with my non-Playmobil and non-Schleich images rather than storing them in the gallery and then having to mess about to get a good link to them in the wiki.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:46 am

Thankyou, Tim !
I will try again next time I have lots of time and patience Very Happy 

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:44 pm

I love to read the Danish names for these critters. Very interesting!

Ladybug = We call them Mariehøns - Mary-hen - in Danish
(in Dutch they are called Lieveheersbeestje - GoodLord bug - )

Butterfly ( Sommerfugl - summer-bird - in Danish
(in Dutch they are called Vlinder - Flutter -)

Spider ( Edderkop - cup-of-poison - in Danish
(in Dutch they are called Spin - Weaver/Spinner -

Dragonfly ( Gudsmed, - goldsmith - in Danish)
(in Dutch they are called Libel - Water level -

Do you have any idea why Dragonflies are called Goldsmith in Danish? scratch 

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Susanne, I can upload the pictures on Toy Animal Wiki when they're needed. Very Happy

Bloodrayne wrote:

The dragonfly is particularly interesting for my language once it is called here, mostly libélula or libelinha. I had no idea from where this name was originated but the German name can explain it. In Portuguese level, or libel is nível, hard to link with libelinha.
There are also many regional names, in the South of Portugal, where I was born, we only knew it as tira-olhos, something like take eyes away, affraid and in Brazil, where Portuguese is official language, it is called lavadeira, laundress! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:54 pm

So interesting to hear the dutch and Porugese names, too

Bloodrayne wrote:

Do you have any idea why Dragonflies are called Goldsmith in Danish? scratch 

I don`t know scratch  And I couldn`t find an explanation on Google either scratch 
But it seems that in the old days they were called " Devil`s horse ", and people were scared of them ! affraid Laughing 

Roger, I will send you a mail about pictures for ATW later tonight cheers 

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Roger wrote:

Bloodrayne wrote:

The dragonfly is particularly interesting for my language once it is called here, mostly libélula or libelinha.
In Portuguese level, or libel is nível, hard to link with libelinha.

Roger: Would it be easier to link when I say that when I mean "Water level" I mean the waterlevel tool for measuring?
Not how high or low the water level in the river is.

I love etymology!
I just found out that in the Middle Ages people thought that butterflies were actually witches.
The witches would turn into these flying creatures so they could eat from the farmers butter and milk during the day!
Apparently butterflies are more evil than dragonflies! Twisted Evil

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:46 pm

So THAT is why they are called "Butterflies " cheers 
It surely is very interesting Applause 

Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Roger wrote:
----There are also many regional names, in the South of Portugal, where I was born, we only knew it as tira-olhos,  something like take eyes away, :affraid:and in Brazil, where Portuguese is official language, it is called lavadeira, laundress! Very Happy

In Norway the name of dragonfly is "øyenstikker" which means something that will sting your eyes and destroy them. affraid  In old times people was afraid of them, but today everybody knows that they are not dangerous for humans, only for small insects.

øye = eye  
stikke = to sting

I like the name dragonfly much better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:06 pm

It is fascinating that both Portuguese and Norwegian translations for Dragonfly mention something about "eyes been stolen or destroyed" ...

I did find this little fact:

Apparently in Western cultures, the dragonfly is generally considered a harbinger of evil,
but in Japan the dragonfly is the symbol of just about everything one might consider as positive in terms of life's goals: happiness, success, courage and strength. sunny 

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:25 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Roger, I will send you a mail about pictures for ATW later tonight cheers 

Thanks Susanne, already replied! flower

Bloodrayne wrote:
Roger wrote:

Bloodrayne wrote:

The dragonfly is particularly interesting for my language once it is called here, mostly libélula or libelinha.
In Portuguese level, or libel is nível, hard to link with libelinha.

Roger: Would it be easier to link when I say that when I mean "Water level" I mean the waterlevel tool for measuring?
Not how high or low the water level in the river is.

Oh, now I'm confused! scratch
Wasserwaage, Levellement or none of them? Laughing geek study Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:03 am

Tove wrote:
Roger wrote:
----There are also many regional names, in the South of Portugal, where I was born, we only knew it as tira-olhos,  something like take eyes away, :affraid:and in Brazil, where Portuguese is official language, it is called lavadeira, laundress! Very Happy

In Norway the name of dragonfly is "øyenstikker" which means something that will sting your eyes and destroy them. affraid  In old times people was afraid of them, but today everybody knows that they are not dangerous for humans, only for small insects.

øye = eye  
stikke = to sting

I like the name dragonfly much better. Very Happy

That is very interesting, just like in my example, your translation is more dramatic and fit better with the meaning. We also were afraid of dragonflies when kids exactly because of its name. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Safari authentics insect :-)   Safari authentics insect :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari authentics insect :-)
Page 1 of 1