Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series

Go down 
+10
Juan Andrés
trevok4
ken yeo
scot(t)
Douglas Mortimer
widukind
Kikimalou
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series Empty
PostSubject: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Already the first time I saw pictures of these two models, I liked them very much.
But gosh! I have to stop somewhere, and I HAVE decided to concentrate on the prehistoric models from Starlux this year.
Well, my willpower is as strong as an over-boiled spagetti, so, YESS!!! Now they are here cheers

Westy proudly presents : The new Dimorphodon from the Wild Safari-series, and the Concavenator from the Carnegie-series Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Dimorphodon ("Two types of teeth") lived 180-154 million years ago in the mid-Jurassic time.
He was a flying reptile with a wingspan of app 1,5 meters, and probably mainly ate fish.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The paintwork of the concavenator is quite different from the picture in the catalogue !
I think he is much more pretty ”in real” :-D

The concavenator ( hump backed hunter” ) lived about 130 million years ago.
He was app 6 meters long, with a funny ”hump” on his back.
Fossiles suggest that he had scales or feathers on the arms, and perhaps some sort of spikes on the back, but this model doesn`t show it.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Splendid dinos Susanne. My favorite is the concavenator.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 2:48 am

Very good Safari figures, Susanne.

Dimorphodon:this reptile flying cause panic.affraid

Concavenator:is very rare prehistoric.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:03 am

Thank you for showing these new SAFARI Ltd Susanne. Very Happy

The dimorphodon was already on my wish list and your pics are increasing my desire bounce

The concavenator is nice of course but it looks so much like the Carnegie Giganotosaurus... It seems all the new  Carnegie theropods are clones... Too bad. Nevertheless, thank you for the good pics Very Happy.

CARNEGIE Giganotosaurus

Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 8:13 am

Congrats Susanne, very nice new figurines

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Douglas Mortimer

Douglas Mortimer

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:49 am

Congrats Susanne, very nice additions! 
I like very much the Dimorphodon! I love you
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 3:41 am

Wow! I love them both! Great pictures Susanne. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:00 am

Thankyou, dear friends Very Happy

Kikimalou wrote:

The concavenator is nice of course but it looks so much like the Carnegie Giganotosaurus... It seems all the new  Carnegie theropods are clones... Too bad.

You are right ! Suspect
Perhaps the did look somewhat alike, but they weren`t static. Their designer could need a bit more imagination .Rolling Eyes

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:41 am

Congrats Susanne! I like it too!

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:46 pm

congrats

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:30 am

Great acqusitions,Susanne Very Happy Btw,would you recommend the Concavenator?And,please could you post a comparision pic,with another Carnegie dino,preferably Giganotosaurus and Cryolophosaurus?Thanks so much:)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:00 am

Juan Andrés wrote:
Great acqusitions,Susanne Very Happy Btw,would you recommend the Concavenator?And,please could you post a comparision pic,with another Carnegie dino,preferably Giganotosaurus and Cryolophosaurus?Thanks so much:)

Sorry, I only have very few Safari dinoes. I hope this will do ?

Two unlikely friends in beautyful summer morning sun sunny Laughing Laughing

Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:03 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Juan Andrés wrote:

Sorry, I only have very few Safari dinoes. I hope this will do ?

Two unlikely friends in beautyful summer morning sun sunny Laughing Laughing

Well,I don't have the Corytho,but I could make an idea myself.Thanks so much for posting this pic for me;I like the Concavenator and I'd like to purchase it eventually,Thanks:D
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Thanks for showing these great photos!

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:55 pm

The two figures are really nice but it's damage for the painting of the concavenator because it's not as in the picture. However, congrats.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:03 pm

I am glad this topic is back! Very Happy I like the dimorphodon but maybe not as much as CollectA deinocheirus, though, I think I like best this concavenator than the CollectA counterpart. The figure as a beautiful pose although too similar with the giganatosaurus as Kiki noted. :)
Only the tip of the tail, pointing downwards to help balancing the figure, doesn't look to match all the movement we can see in it.
Many prehistoric animals were only found after Starlux stoping their production, so it is a good excuse to collect figures that you cannot find on Starlux collection. Very Happy

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Interesting figures, so many different dinosaurs and prehistoric life out there these days

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:28 am

Thankyou, friends sunny 

Neven Florian wrote:
The two figures are really nice but it's damage for the painting of the concavenator because it's not as in the picture. However, congrats.

Actually I think the model is nicer than the catalogue Very Happy 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series   Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series Empty

Back to top Go down

Dimorphodon and Concavenator, 2013 Safari Ltd Prehistoric series
Page 1 of 1