Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Takamas Geoworld Collection

Go down 
+12
landrover
Ana
AlienMantis
LeeAnn
JonasV
QuollMate
Kikimalou
Katty
Tiermann
Taos
widukind
SUSANNE
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 3:00 am

Also interesting!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:29 pm

Edmontosaurus

Edmontosaurus was the first dinosaur to be discribed as a duck bill. The Genus lived from 70 million years ago on up until the very end of the age of dinosaurs. During its time, it was the main prey for Tyrannosaurus like Gorgosaurus and even the Tyrant King itself Tyrannosaurus. Some specimens of this dinosaur had Skin impressions, and There was what appeard to be webbing on the feet. However, further studies have shown that they were not relly webbings, but instead were paddings that gave its feet hooves.

In late 2013, it was discovered that at least one Species of Edmontosaurus had a peculiar crest on its head that was unlike any crest found on a dinosaur so far. Instead of boney, the crest was fleshy like a Cocks comb. Scientists believe that the comb was likely brightly colored and that it was used to attract mates of the same species.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Takama on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Ok everyone, I got a brand new Camera that I plan on using for now on.

The First Subject to be taken with this camera is this

Dilophosaurus

Dilophosaurus is a famous theropod who is easily distinguished by a tooth notch and a pair of paper thin crest on top of its head. It stood over 20 feet long, and likely scavenged on dead creatures, because its jaws were proven to be two week to latch onto fast moving prey.

In 1993, The image of Dilophosaurus was tainted by a grossly inaccurate appearance in the world famous movie Jurassic Park, and was depicted with an extendable frill and stood only 6 feet tall. The real Dilophosaurus did not poses any of these traits. Yet this image still lives on to this very day, and has appeared in the newest forms of media such as video games, and the 3D re-release of the original movie.

Last edited by Takama on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 9:15 pm

Beautieful dinosaur figurines too!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:10 pm

How enormously interesting that an Edmontosaurus had a COMB  cheers 

Thankyou again for the photoes and descriptions, - and congratulations with your new camera  Very Happy 

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Kentrosaurus

Kentrosaurus is one of the best know stegosaurs, with several groups of skeletons being found in Tanzinia Africa. The abundance of Skeletons withen close proximety suggest that it lived in herds. Its back has two rows of plates and Spikes that are paired as they go down the back. It also has two Spikes that jut out of its side.  

Mapusaurus

Mapusaurus was a large meat eating dinosaur that lived earlier then its more famous and closest cousin Giganotosaurus. It likely preyed on Argentinasaurus, and worked in packs on occasion. How sophisticated the packs were is currently unknown. It was discovered in a bone bed with around seven individuals, that were varied in age and size, the largest of them was around 33feet long.

Last edited by Takama on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 8:24 pm

cheers cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 2:40 pm

OK, Today I went to a museum, and I got a Giant T-Rex Skeleton made by Geoworld.

Its so big that my normal photography space cant contain it
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 8:32 pm

WOW! What a fantastic skeleton ! SO detailed affraid 
It looks like it is suitable for students to learn, - I was never very interested in skeleton models, but this one is really, really stunning  cheers 

I love the kentosaurus too  Applause 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 10:57 pm

Also a interesting skeleton

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 4:09 am

Amazing skeleton! Shocked

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 9:37 am

Stegosaurus

This is a dinosaur that everyone pretty much everyone knows about. It was the First Stegosaur ever named, and lends its name to a family of dinosaurs. Stegosaurus was characterized by the row of plates on its back, and a set of spikes on its tail that was called a Thagomizer. The plates were different from the others in its family, because they are not paired evenly along the back. As of now, No one was certain about the purpose of the plates. It was thought that they have been used for protection, but they stick straight out of its back, leaving its torso exposed for Allosaurus(one of its most common Enemies) to eat. It was then thought that they have been used to flush up blood to intimidate predators, but the plates were not covered in skin, but keratin(the material on your nails). They were also thought to have been used for regulating heat, but the same issue applies.
One myth that has flooded various dinosaur books, and Media, is the thought that Stegosaurus had Two Brains. This myth is completely bogus, and no series paleontologist has ever thought that this myth was true. The myth comes from a misunderstanding about some discoveries made with the dinosaur. It was found that Stegosaurus (and its kin no doubt) had an opening in its hip region that was thought to have contained a Bundle of Nerves called a ganglia. And many people Thought that Bundle of nerves refers to a brain. In reality. Stegosaurus(and its kin) did not have two brains, but it did not have a ganglia either. By studying the modern relatives of Dinosaurs(birds and Crocodilians), scientists have found that they have a large hip opening as well, but it was fill with fatty tissue, and so it was likely that Stegosaurus had this tissue as well.

Last edited by Takama on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 9:55 am

Jubiii ! At last a model that I also have  bounce cheers Laughing Laughing 
No matter how common stego-models are, it surely is a fascinating critter  Very Happy 

Interesting reading about the fatty tissue wihich has confused so many people ...Gosh ! Imagine having a brain in both ends  Shocked Suspect pale

Thankyou for the great photoes, - your new camera is surely doing a good job, - but the most important thing is of course the person behind it Wink

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Im glad you like the photos from my new camera. Though I like it very much, it has one problem. For some reason, I can not upload any photos to the Animal Toy Wiki that were taken by this camera.

Lucky thing I have the old one on Back up, though its just not the same as my new one

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Takama wrote:
Im glad you like the photos from my new camera.   Though I like it very much, it has one problem. For some reason, I can not upload any photos to the Animal Toy Wiki that were taken by this camera.

Lucky thing I have the old one on Back up, though its just not the same as my new one

What a nuissance for you and TAI  Shocked 
Doesn't it make JPG-pictures ? Can't Roger help you ? He is so good with conmputers  study 

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 11:50 pm

Great models!  cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:25 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Takama wrote:
Im glad you like the photos from my new camera.   Though I like it very much, it has one problem. For some reason, I can not upload any photos to the Animal Toy Wiki that were taken by this camera.

What a nuissance for you and TAI  Shocked 
Doesn't it make JPG-pictures ? Can't Roger help you ? He is so good with conmputers  study 

Camera does make Jpgs, but when I insert them onto the page I get this

Error creating thumbnail: Invalid thumbnail parameters

Here is The Stegosaurus Page with no Pictures. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 10:02 am

Ohhh! It is because you need to give them another name !

My camera makes pictures like this  IMG_3201.JPG, and I have to change the name to for instance Papo51154.JPG Very Happy

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:27 am

I changed the names to stegosaurus 1-5 and re uploaded them but they still wont appear No 

in the mean time, have a Ornitholestes

this dinosaur was a small one that lived during the Morrison formation in Colorado During the late Jurassic period. It likely at lizards, small mammals, and dinosaur hatchlings. IT was thought that this dinosaur had a crest on its nose, but later analysis of the fossil proved that it was a misplaced piece of bone from the skull.  Ornitholestes also had sickle claws on its feet, though they probably wont used for hunting large prey like Dromeosaurs, and troodonts.

Last edited by Takama on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 7:08 pm

Nice again

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:17 pm

Takama wrote:
I changed the names to stegosaurus 1-5 and re uploaded them but they still wont appear No 

I will send you a PM, - look, it is not difficult :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 11:37 am

Euoplocephalus

One of the most well know Ankylosaurs, Euoplocephalus walked the late Cretaceous soil in North America eating low ground vegetation, and Smashing predators with its stiff clubbed tail whenever it was threatened. Despite being well known, Euoplocephalus gets considerably less attention then its younger cousin Ankylosaurus, however Euoplocephalus has a specific back pattern that is often depicted on Ankylosaurus on many toys, but this pattern was only unique to Euoplocephalus and was not found on Ankylosaurus. Euoplocephalus was also a wide Dinosaur, with its hips bulging out on both sides of its body giving it a appearance similar to a fat hippopotamus.

Camarasaurus

Camarasaurus was a stout Sauropod with a short neck and tail. It the most abundant Sauropod to be found in the Morrison Formation, and it gets its name from hollow chambers in its vertabra that were part of its respiratory system. Over a large number of Skeletons were found of this dinosaur, and there's even eggs that were proven to be associated with it as well. The Skull of this dinosaur was round, and full of fenestra, however it was very solid and robust, and as a result it is one of a few Sauropod dinosaurs that we actually have a skull for, and because of its robustness, it is a common fossil with the many skeletons we have of this dinosaur.

Last edited by Takama on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 7:07 pm

cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 12:09 am

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers 
 cheers cheers Applause Applause Good dinosaurs!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 10:30 am

These are all great to see, thanks for posting them and sharing at the Wiki.  I sent Takama a mail regarding the Wiki problem. I'm pretty sure it was file sizes, the Wiki can't make thumbnails when the image file is too large. The actual images were uploading but the thumb maker couldn't process them.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Takamas Geoworld Collection
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Geoworld-
Jump to: