Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem.................. Very Happy Give your suggestion for the SUY of February :Click here Very Happy

Share | 

Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:49 pm

So I purchased a model #586 Smarty Jones at a flea market for a fantastic price, however he happened to be missing the base! Sad  I used a wooden oval, gouged a hole into it for the peg, and stuck him in. It's not as great as the original base but I suppose it works. I was curious what others have done for their models missing bases or needing one for not standing up as it should. What have you done? :) 
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:19 pm

I haven´t needed to make a base, but I supose I would have modelled it myself with epoxi clay. In fact I have a model I want to customize and I´m planning o sculpt the base for him (he doesn´t actually need one but he will Razz)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Thanks! Not to long ago I bought TS Black Tie Affair on the Huck Bey mold, and, well, everyone who has a Breyer on this mold knows the clear plastic factory stand is a piece of junk. There's a seller on MH$P that sells CM resin bases, so I'm debating whether to buy one from them or not, or if I can make a better one on my own. Maybe this Epoxy will work then to make the base for him. Very Happy Is there a brand you recommend? I've heard mixed reviews about Amazing Sculpt, and mostly that Ave's Apoxie Sculpt is good. But I don't know where to buy them - I've never seen the tubs in the craft stores... scratch

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:18 pm

I had the same Huck-problem. I solved it with a piece of acrylic (in Germany we call it 'Plexiglas') screwed to the hooves. A thin sheet of plywood might also work.  (Please don't look too closely onto the etching-job Embarassed It was my first try ...)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:24 pm

We call it plexiglass here too. Very Happy What a great idea! sunny

Shocked Shocked That etchie is amazing! How long did that take you? Shocked The base reminds me of the one that comes with Ruffian. I wish Breyer would have done that kind of base for Huck Bey!

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks a lot:D   By now all my wobblies have one of these plexiglass stands and it works a treat - mo more chain reactions in the shelves.

The etching took quite a while and I've gotten (a little bit) better with every horse I did:lol!: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   

Back to top Go down

Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1