Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done? Empty
PostSubject: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done? EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:49 pm

So I purchased a model #586 Smarty Jones at a flea market for a fantastic price, however he happened to be missing the base! Sad  I used a wooden oval, gouged a hole into it for the peg, and stuck him in. It's not as great as the original base but I suppose it works. I was curious what others have done for their models missing bases or needing one for not standing up as it should. What have you done? :) 
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 4:19 pm

I haven´t needed to make a base, but I supose I would have modelled it myself with epoxi clay. In fact I have a model I want to customize and I´m planning o sculpt the base for him (he doesn´t actually need one but he will Razz)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Thanks! Not to long ago I bought TS Black Tie Affair on the Huck Bey mold, and, well, everyone who has a Breyer on this mold knows the clear plastic factory stand is a piece of junk. There's a seller on MH$P that sells CM resin bases, so I'm debating whether to buy one from them or not, or if I can make a better one on my own. Maybe this Epoxy will work then to make the base for him. Very Happy Is there a brand you recommend? I've heard mixed reviews about Amazing Sculpt, and mostly that Ave's Apoxie Sculpt is good. But I don't know where to buy them - I've never seen the tubs in the craft stores... scratch

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:18 pm

I had the same Huck-problem. I solved it with a piece of acrylic (in Germany we call it 'Plexiglas') screwed to the hooves. A thin sheet of plywood might also work.  (Please don't look too closely onto the etching-job Embarassed It was my first try ...)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:24 pm

We call it plexiglass here too. Very Happy What a great idea! sunny

Shocked Shocked That etchie is amazing! How long did that take you? Shocked The base reminds me of the one that comes with Ruffian. I wish Breyer would have done that kind of base for Huck Bey!

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks a lot:D   By now all my wobblies have one of these plexiglass stands and it works a treat - mo more chain reactions in the shelves.

The etching took quite a while and I've gotten (a little bit) better with every horse I did:lol!: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?   Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done? Empty

Back to top Go down

Adding a Base to your Model... what have you done?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Breyer-
Jump to: