Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amazon River Dolphins

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
widukind
Roger
PeGe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

Amazon River Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Finally this picture is possible. Approx. two years of hunting. My flooded forest-fleet. Here with my repaint of Philter's Sculpt and the fluffy Animal planet dolphin.
I will take a picture of the small PV soon as there's a big variation of colour. ranging from ivory to yellowish white and light pink.
Thanks to Queen of sheep collecting, jhudstone, Froggie, dlfrogman, Froggie and ebay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by PeGe on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Tow years of hunting and with the help of so many people. Shocked It was surely a hard task but with an exciting end. Very Happy
Many congratulations for having one more replica of one of your favorite animals and a very wished replica. cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Wow, so many rare figurines cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:09 pm

What a fabulous flock cheers 
They are absolutely beautyful !

I know whales are difficult to make good pictures of , but if ever you get time, I would LOVE more close-ups Rolling Eyes 

Congratulations for this magnificent result of so much hard work !
And Hurray for all the wonderful STS-helpers Very Happy

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 5:14 am

Marvellous my friend.....¡:) 

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

The biggest flock I ever seen Shocked  Congratulation Philipp Applause 
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:27 am

Thanks. Here some further pics finally:

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:33 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:39 am

Finally, your dream is realized.....Applause Applause 

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:40 am

That's really great! I never thought I would be able of seeing so many figures of these animals. ... and you like them a lot. Very Happy

GudrunOrca

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Hey PeGe,
Those are absolutely fantastic! Applause  Congratulations on this fine collection!

I guess this is one of your favorite animals? And since you're German, I cannot imagine you're not familiar with Duisburg Zoo's unique resident, Baby? ;-) I love you

PeGe wrote:

What brand are these large toninas? Very Happy I would love to get my hands on one of these! Embarassed

You mentioned a sculpt in your first post (with the top view picture). Is that the pink one in the middle, with the baby? I would love to see more close up pictures of that! Or if you could link me to an earlier post where it is already described in detail, that would be great!
I found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] already XD
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 1:44 pm

GudrunOrca wrote:
Hey PeGe,
Those are absolutely fantastic! Applause  Congratulations on this fine collection!

I guess this is one of your favorite animals? And since you're German, I cannot imagine you're not familiar with Duisburg Zoo's unique resident, Baby? ;-) I love you

PeGe wrote:

What brand are these large toninas? Very Happy I would love to get my hands on one of these! Embarassed

You mentioned a sculpt in your first post (with the top view picture). Is that the pink one in the middle, with the baby? I would love to see more close up pictures of that! Or if you could link me to an earlier post where it is already described in detail, that would be great!
I found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] already XD

This is Playvisions and he sale one on ebay.de , but not cheap. A sold one too in the past and sold that dolphin for a similar price, but i had 1€ starting bid.

Back to top Go down
diegomouracampos

diegomouracampos

Country/State : Brazil/São Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 5:21 pm

That's absolutely amazing!

I'm constructing my collection of Brazilian animals and there's no way I can find a river dolphin!

Any tips on how to find one? lol
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 5:37 pm

diegomouracampos wrote:

I'm constructing my collection of Brazilian animals and there's no way I can find a river dolphin!

Hello Diego and welcome on forum! Very Happy
Unfortunately, Amazon river dolphins are rare in toy shape but at our Toy Animal Wiki you can find at least three that were released 20 years ago. Check here! study
None of them is easy to find but it is also not impossible, some patience, maybe checking on EBAY or just check the trade and sales section on forum. You can also open a topic, on Search Lists section telling which figures are you trying to find.
You can find all these sections on forum index.
The three figures at the wiki show a two small figures, the K&M and second Play Visions are only around 3 inches each. The numbered Play Visions is larger, maybe closer in size to figures we are used with best known brands but it is hollow.
Another good alternative, I guess, is to get the easily availableCollectA Ganges river dolphin and custom it into an Amazon river dolphin. Maybe you can find some inspiration through other similar works made by STS members. Idea 
Whatever is the way, please let us know your interesting collection and project of having figures from the amazing Braziian fauna. bounce

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 6:03 pm

diegomouracampos wrote:

Welcome here :)

they are hard to find and a little expensive. But i believe PeGe hve or had one for sale :)

Back to top Go down
diegomouracampos

diegomouracampos

Country/State : Brazil/São Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 6:13 pm

That's awesome! Thanks a lot for your answers!

Yeah, I was thinking about getting the Ganges' one, but I'm not that crafty, it is still a possibility, tho!

Thanks again! This forum is amazing, I'll post my collection of Brazilian animals soon!

xx

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 6:26 pm

diegomouracampos wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking about getting the Ganges' one, but I'm not that crafty, it is still a possibility, tho!

Thanks again! This forum is amazing, I'll post my collection of Brazilian animals soon!

xx

Cant wait to see the pics :)

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pm

widukind wrote:
diegomouracampos wrote:

xx

Cant wait to see the pics :)

So I am, welcome here cheers
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 8:33 pm

pm sent

PostSubject: Re: Amazon River Dolphins   Amazon River Dolphins Empty

Back to top Go down

Amazon River Dolphins
Page 1 of 1