Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?

Go down 
+6
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
diversity
10 posters
AuthorMessage
diversity

diversity

Country/State : Germany

Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? Empty
PostSubject: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:56 pm

Hey guys :)

I've just found a very interesting website while i was searching for models of prehistoric Terrorbirds/Phorusrhacids:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's an online shop which sells figures of a series called "Dinotales". Has anyone of you ever heared about these figures or do you even know some more about them? I've never seen such figures, and for my regards they are very exquisite and nicely modelled, just the quality of the material is maybe not the best I would think. And their prices are varying geratly... maybe most of them are very rare and are not produced anymore?
I would be glad if you could tell me more about them Wink

looking forward for your answers Very Happy

...ah, by the way, if you are interested: I did really found very nice models of prehistoric Terrorbirds which do not look so clumsy and outdated as some common ones! See these links:
2 very nice Titanis models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (too expensive Sad )
1 Phorusrhacos model from some movie I think: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (good price, my next christmas present?? santa )
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:26 pm

WOE! Even if I`m not into dinoes etc they are nice, - and expensive What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:25 am

They were made in hardplastic by Kaiyodo and put in some chocoegg capsule in Japan.
They are 3D puzzles so you have to built them and they are very very very accurate, the models are sculpted by some of the best japanese sculptors.
They were spread in the early 2000's are now retired.
The prices on the website you show us are too expensive, if you want some, eBay is a better place to find them at cooler prices... Wink

I've got a lot of them on my shelves and on my website of course. Take a look Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:28 am

They are awesome bounce
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:16 pm

I used to see them in Singapore two years ago! And During that time I do not collects any animals. And when I started to collect animals, this just disappeared in the market.
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 pm

thank yoou, kikimalou Very Happy
woow, I didn't visit your homepage before and its so amazing! you have got such beautiful models of the living animals of present and past! I really have to take some time to see all your collections Wink

so the name of these figures is "Kaiyodo"! we will see if there are any nice inserts at ebay Wink

thank you for your comments :)

P.S. did you see the terrorbirds? amazing, aren't they? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Yes, those series are very nice, and mostly very accurate too! cheers

I don't have them, as Dino's are not my primary models in my collection, i gather them only once in a while... Rolling Eyes

But my friend Kikimalou knows very much about them, and about those Japanese brands too, he infected a lot of us, and now we are stucked with this virus! Crying or Very sad Shocked cheers

By the way, those links under the treads can be our websites..., and yes, you can be there for some hours to come... king

Ja, diese Serien sind wunderbar, und sehr detailliert in den meisten Fällen! cheers
I besitze keine von denen, aber Dinosaurier sind halt nicht dass wichtigste in meiner Sammlung, ich kaufe die nur ab und zu... Rolling Eyes

Aber mein Freund Kikimalou wies sehr viel über sie, und auch über die Japanischen Marken, er hatt uns infektiert damitt, und jetzt hängen wir Alle drin... Crying or Very sad Shocked cheers

Und nebenbei, diese Links unter den Treads können unsere Websites sein, und ja, du könntest da für einige Stunden verbringen... king

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 9:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have this Lavander version of the Eryops.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 12:45 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Is it a lavender version of this one? Wink

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 2:08 am

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

It is (I have both--one of the few instances where I have multiple colour variations on purpose!).

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 9:31 am

Nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 1:51 am

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

It is (I have both--one of the few instances where I have multiple colour variations on purpose!).

Thanks Sean! :) But are they from the exact same series? I mean, should I add all these variations to the same page on TAi or are they from different series? Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 2:11 am

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Thanks Sean! :) But are they from the exact same series? I mean, should I add all these variations to the same page on TAi or are they from different series? Very Happy

They are. For Dinotales Series 5, 6 and 7, every figure was made in two colour versions (A & B). I generally didn't collect every pair unless it interested me (so, the Metriorhynchus, the Eusthenopteron, the Eryops).

The Brown Eryops is Dinotales 092A, and the Lavender one is 092B, both from series 5

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Totally!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?   Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dinotales Figures. Who knows about them?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Japanese companies :: Kaiyodo - Furuta-
Jump to: