Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brick and mortar stores to find replicas?

Go down 
+5
orcagirl26
arafan
widukind
LeeAnn
colin72
9 posters
AuthorMessage
colin72

Country/State : US

Brick and mortar stores to find replicas? Empty
PostSubject: Brick and mortar stores to find replicas?   Brick and mortar stores to find replicas? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:46 am

Hi all

I just started collecting and have been enjoying this forum.

I've been buying my replicas the old fashion way, at brick and mortar stores. I'm in Pennsylvania. I've found Safari Ltd. at Michaels, AC Moore, and Hobby Lobby. I've also found Schleich at Walmart and I've read they are also at Target and Toys "R" Us but haven't been to either place yet.

Does anyone know of any other brick and mortar stores in my part of the US where I can find replicas from the major brands? I'm familiar with CollectA, Mojo Fun, Papo, and Safari Ltd but I would also like to hear about any other similar quality brands that I could find at brick and Mortar stores.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Brick and mortar stores to find replicas?   Brick and mortar stores to find replicas? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:32 am

Welcome here!

I find animal figures at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, TRU, ACMoore, Walmart (yuck!), some model train stores, feed stores, Tractor Supply... that's all I can think of at the moment. I believe all Targets stopped carrying Schleich in stores, but they carry Smurfs online now. Rolling Eyes At least, all the Targets around me no longer carry any animal figures (they used to have Schleich and Breyer.) I'll post more if I think of them, but I believe that's all. I don't know what part of Pennsylvania you live in, but there are many stores in Amish country, especially one called the OutBack Toy Store. There is also Ken's Educational Joys, Shady Maple Smorgasboard, Choo Choo Barn, and probably many more.

Your best bet if you want older figures is to buy online, however. You'll mostly only find recent figures in the stores. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brick and mortar stores to find replicas?   Brick and mortar stores to find replicas? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:21 am

Welcome here:-)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Brick and mortar stores to find replicas?   Brick and mortar stores to find replicas? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Welcome here! sunny

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Brick and mortar stores to find replicas?   Brick and mortar stores to find replicas? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Welcome here!

You might also want to try non-chain hobby and toy stores. When I say non-chain I mean like none of the bigger name stores. No Target stores in my area have Schleich anymore and depending on the area and size of the Toys R Us in your area, they may have more of a selection or not so great of a selection. I don't know of any store in my area that sells Mojo Fun or CollectA.

Safari Ltd. and Schleich both have store locators on their websites: http://safariltd.com/store/store_locator?pindex=1&poslevel=1 and http://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/Store-Locator/ What part of Pennsylvania do you live (if you don't mind me asking)?
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Brick and mortar stores to find replicas?   Brick and mortar stores to find replicas? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Welcome here colin.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Brick and mortar stores to find replicas?   Brick and mortar stores to find replicas? EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Welcome here, Colin !

Sorry that I didn't see your question before Embarassed 

SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Brick and mortar stores to find replicas?   Brick and mortar stores to find replicas? EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Welcome

I find Schleich at non-mainstream stores such as "Magic Beans" in Cambridge, The Concord Toy Store, Belmont Toy Store and the Teddy Bear in Arlington. These are all in Eastern MA. look for "Toy Store" names as they may sell these. The ones I mention above also sell Papo bit no the animals. The fantasy figures. Toys R Us also sells Schleich but has cut back in terms of "store shelves".

Safari I can get at all AC Moore's and Michael s.

CollectA, Mojo, Bullyland, etc., need to be ordered online as there are no stores in my area that carry them.

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Brick and mortar stores to find replicas?   Brick and mortar stores to find replicas? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 4:26 pm

I can find Safari LTD pretty reliably,but I rarely see the absolute newest products. The Toys R US near me has very little Schleich as they haven't re-stocked it in months.

There was a Toy Store in the mall here years ago that had lots of Schleich but it closed, so the the selection is pretty limited. Fantasy items are easier to find than wildlife as far as Schliech goes. :c

PostSubject: Re: Brick and mortar stores to find replicas?   Brick and mortar stores to find replicas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Brick and mortar stores to find replicas?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: