Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry Empty
PostSubject: Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry   Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 19:52

I know there's a dedicated topic for the online stores, but I thought it would be interesting to see what stores carry what where and prices if people remember. :)

USA- zoos

Chicago, IL
Brookfield zoo [sales tax= 10%]
-- Safari Ltd.
----> entrance store seem to carry several of the good luck minis: panther, koalas, okapi, elephant, meerkat, clownfish, tiger, blue butterfly (I think there were a couple others, but can't remember)@ us$0.70+tax[10%] each
---->All year round stores seem to carry some of the regular Safari Ltd, but I didn't check prices or look at them more than in passing.
-- I believe also a variety of adventure planet and wild republic sets. Prices vary.

South Bend, IN
Potawatomi Zoo [sales tax =? 7.5% ?]
--Safari Ltd
--> small selection of regular sized including some  lizards, dragons, and large cats - okapis...
-small selection of wild republic sets

Last edited by Wilorvise on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 14:45; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry   Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 20:18

Interesting to see where the various brands have succeeded to get their products in Very Happy

I can only tell what I remember from this area in Denmark (Djursland) :

It seems that Wild Republic has been able to drop all the most horrible sets at blown-up prices around here ! Suspect

Scandinavian Dyrepark :
Uhh, I'll have to go there soonagain. It is a couple of years ago.
By then they mainly had Fluffy Wild Republic animals, but I was fortunate to find a basket of old Safari models, some retired, and at very old prices too Very Happy

Kattegatcenteret ( Last spring):
Only the cheapest horrors from Wild Republic at very high prices tongue

Reepark ( Last summer) :
Same Rolling Eyes But also some very nice, and made models.

Randers Regnskov ( App a year ago):
Same, but a shelf with old Safari models at reasonable prices Very Happy

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry   Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry EmptySun 15 May 2016, 19:18

Washington Park Zoo
Michigan City, Indiana, USA

-small containers of misc non-branded items. Some insects, tree and small figures of animals.
-small selection of wild republic and adventure planet sets.

Country/State : Florida, USA

PostSubject: Re: Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry   Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 16:37

I am going to Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo this Monday. I will report back if I find anything.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry   Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry EmptySat 21 May 2016, 18:52

San Francisco Zoo-had mainly Safari and some Wild Republic
Rome Zoo-had Safari Ltd and some Collect A.
Edinburgh Zoo-some Papo and some Safari ltd and some Wild Republic

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry   Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry EmptyMon 30 May 2016, 20:58

Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lincoln Park Zoo

Lion house gift shop: some schleich and safari Ltd
Main gift store: schleich, Papo, safari Ltd, staring around US$5/$5.50 + tax
Safari Ltd tools US$12+ tax
large selection of safari good luck minis. US $0.90 + tax per

PostSubject: Re: Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry   Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry EmptyWed 19 Jul 2017, 01:19

ZSL London have quite a bit of Schleich, sometimes even retired figures for reasonable prices.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry   Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry EmptyWed 19 Jul 2017, 02:32

Laura, my husband is from Niles. He remembers Potawatomi Zoo! (I've never been to the Midwest)

Lion Country Safari in West Palm Beach/Loxahatchee FL had (as of late May 2017) a fair selection of Safari regular size and a few large (Incredible Creatures), and I think I remember a spindle with Good Luck Minis. They also had a bunch of Wild Republic playsets and toobs, and a few AAA large lionesses with cubs.

Imagination Station, a store in Key West FL, had lots of Safari and Schleich, and a handful of off brand figures.

The Dinosaur Store in Cocoa Beach FL has Safari, some Papo, I think I remember some Schleich, and a little no name stuff. It was all dinosaurs/some prehistoric except for a little fantasy (dragons).

Horstmeyers in Sanford Fl has combined with Saddler, the local tack shop. I haven't been in since the joining, but Saddler carried Breyers and some Peter Stones. Most tack shops are probably similar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry   Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry Empty

Back to top Go down

Zoos and brick and mortar stores -what they carry
Page 1 of 1