Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breyer New Items 2014

Go down 
+6
Roger
Ana
Regy
SUSANNE
widukind
LeeAnn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:09 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
If you get one, you'll be bitten by the bug!  affraid Maybe start out with some Stablemates or Micros because of size?
I started with Stablemates (and I love them!), now I want MOAR! Laughing 
I had one Classic and one Traditional foal - I sold them mainly due to space issues, but now I kinda want the big ones again. I can't make up my mind completely, one second I'd may loads of money for them, the next second I'm like "meh, I prefer minis". cyclops
Oh well, maybe I'll buy some, I can always sell them later Wink

Could try some of those stablemates  cyclops ....  bounce drunken 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:22 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
If you get one, you'll be bitten by the bug!  affraid Maybe start out with some Stablemates or Micros because of size?
I had one Classic and one Traditional foal - I sold them mainly due to space issues, but now I kinda want the big ones again. I can't make up my mind completely, one second I'd may loads of money for them, the next second I'm like "meh, I prefer minis". cyclops

I love minis, but I love traditionals too!  Shocked I've been bitten by the bug!  alien 

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Carola wrote:

I have some Stable Mates too and I really love them. Though, in my oppinion, they're much nicer with light horses and your preference is more oriented to heavy horses. Maybe the one below is the most interesting of them. I hope to get this one, the Frisian and the Highland pony. bounce
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Regy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:12 am

They are Addictive Once you get a few they just don't stop lol well in my case that how it happened :)
i have around 300 breyer/peter stone/hartland now. and that's only small in the breyer collecting world.

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:51 am

I think the bug will bite soon  Shocked 

Roger wrote:
Carola wrote:

I have some Stable Mates too and I really love them. Though, in my oppinion, they're much nicer with light horses and your preference is more oriented to heavy horses. Maybe the one below is the most interesting of them. I hope to get this one, the Frisian and the Highland pony. bounce
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you for showing Roger  sunny Beautiful draft ! I need to do some reseach before getting any.
Breyer certainly make some stunning light horses. Maybe heavy gems can be found too  Wink

Regy wrote:
They are Addictive Once you get a few they just don't stop lol well in my case that how it happened :)
i have around 300 breyer/peter stone/hartland now. and that's only small in the breyer collecting world.

Wow! Must require quite some space  cheers 

Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Mangalarga wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

I love minis, but I love traditionals too!  Shocked I've been bitten by the bug!  alien 

I got bitten by the bug a long long time ago! I have almost as many model horses as I do toys. The combined total is around 2000. All sizes, all types - cellulose acetate, ceramics, soft rubbery plastics, hard brittle plastics, some factory resins, several made of glass, and one soap pony. (Carve the soap pony myself.)

Once you get bit by the bug, it's hard to stop buying more!
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun May 25, 2014 9:20 pm

I just saw that MPV is showing the Midyear 2014 releases  cheers 

Here:Breyer Midyear 2014 MPV

I don't know if there is anything for me in this line.. But the Weathermont Ethan looks kind of nice  Very Happy 

Also the foals is scale 1:6  cyclops 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun May 25, 2014 9:28 pm

I've been waiting forever for Harley D. Can't wait for him! bounce

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 7:43 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
I've been waiting forever for Harley D. Can't wait for him! bounce

Brand new mold  cheers I saw only he was made in Appaloosa colours from last year in limited edition or so  Very Happy 

It is nice the mold becomes available to the mortal collectors  Razz 
His colour is also very nice  Very Happy 
I assume he is a based on a real world horse, like most others  cheers 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Harley D is on the Latigo mold, which was released last year for the Premier Club. The mold is also being used for this year's Breyerfest, in grullo overo with a longer mane. His name is Platinum Star.

Yes, Harley D Zip is a real horse Wink

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Flexible and Weathermont Ethan are portraits as well :) Most Traditionals are.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 6:44 am

cheers cheers 

Do you know what breed Ethan is? I can't really figure out the mold. Is it a recommendable mold?  Very Happy bounce 

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 12:39 pm

The real Weathermont Ethan is a Lippitt Morgan.
The mold (Kennebec Count) is a reworked version of Moody's resin Magnificence - the leg were repositioned but I've read the muscling is unchanged (at least left front shoulder) so it looks a bit weird. Personally I don't like this mould, I prefer the original resin version Very Happy It's much better detailed and seems more correct anatomically. It makes Kennebec Count look like poor cheap copy Razz

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Kennebec is okay IMO, I just don't like all the hair Razz

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:27 am

Thank you very much Magda and LeeAnn for information and critique  Very Happy 

Magnificence looks really great. They could just have kept that mold?!  Rolling Eyes 

I agree with LeeAnn. As we've discussed before, K. Moody is very generous with the hair  Razz 

It is probably a taste thing, but I think not it is very realistic for her sculpts Smile 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breyer New Items 2014   Breyer New Items 2014 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breyer New Items 2014
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2