Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Work in progress *finished*

Go down 
+2
LeeAnn
Hanne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hanne

Hanne

Country/State : Belgium

Work in progress *finished* Empty
PostSubject: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 7:57 pm

So I had this idea to make a horse, somehow based on my favourite band and yesterday I started with this project!
In this topic I would like to show you the steps of painting this horse. Very Happy 

My favourite band is an icelandic band named 'í svörtum fötum' . Their name means 'in black clothes' or 'dressed in black'.
Originally, their dress code was a black suit, a white hemd, black tie and black shoes.
So this horse is getting these clothes too! And since the band is icelandic, my victim for this project will be the icelandic stallion from schleich. Twisted Evil 

This time I don't want to make a realistic horse, this is just a fun project!

These are some sketches I made ( don't mind the bad drawings)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
On the other side is the name of the lead singer, Jón Jósep Snæbjörnsson, aka Jónsi. I really love him , he is awesome!
(-fangirl alert-)

So the first step is to make the horse white and make sketches on it:

And this is where I am now, starting to paint it.

I will keep posting updates in this topic! Very Happy 
Greets, Hanne.

Last edited by Hanne on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Looks like he's going to be very nice! Can't wait to see him as he progresses! cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:33 pm

I LOVE it cheers 

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:39 pm

That's awesome and so creative. I can't wait to see it finished! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Hanne

Hanne

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Really bad pictures but I wanted to show you where I am now. This is just the first layer of paint, it's not that good yet tongue 
I still don't know if I'm going to paint the horse in only grey,black and white or add some other coulors.
I think of adding some details in red,orange and yellow to kind of represtent the 'icelandic fire' . What do you guys think? Any suggestions or tips?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Looks great so far!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:59 pm

That is a crazy project and I like it too! Very Happy
I've just listened a song from them, I didn't know the band, I think the name of the song is Jólin eru ... geek is it right?
I think adding the volcanic colors would give more life to the figure but I am not sure it will need it. cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:44 am

How exiting ! Great, beautyful, funny, crazy, Icey cheers 

Hanne

Hanne

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Thanks evryone for the kind comments!
Roger, I think you mean jólin eru að koma , that's not their best song haha you guys should listen these: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  and this one : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Way better songs haha Razz 

And well, I think the horse is finished!
Better pictures are coming tomorrow but I wanted to show these becuase I think he is so pretty!

And some more work in progress pictures for those who like to see:

If you guys think there should be changed something let me know!
Hope you like it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Wonderful job! Congrats! cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:52 pm

He looks awesome, nice job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:59 pm

No doubt that is the most unique, fantastic Icey on earth cheers 

Beautyful, wonderful, GREAT JOB bounce Applause Applause Applause 

Hanne

Hanne

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Thank you so much guys! You are awesome cheers 

And, as promised, better pictures!

His tie and shirt.
And ofcourse his well polished black shoes Razz 

And some pics of the band for those who wonder what they look like Smile 
I think I'm putting some pics of the horse on their facebook-page, they might like it I love you 

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:09 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:36 am

Applause Applause Applause 

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:43 am

That looks  so awesome! I'm sure they would love it! Beautiful work and congrats! Very Happy Applause

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Hanne

Hanne

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks all for the kind comments! sunny 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:14 am

Hanne wrote:
Roger, I think you mean jólin eru að koma , that's not their best song haha you guys should listen these: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  and this one : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yes, the one I accidentally found is almost a joke when compared with these. Liked specially the first one, not only because of the intense vocals performance but mainly because of the epic instrumental! Very Happy
Unfortunately I cannot see the pictures of your finished work, however, I think it is a good idea to put on their FB page. Very Happy

Hanne

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Roger wrote:
Hanne wrote:
Yes, the one I accidentally found is almost a joke when compared with these. Liked specially the first one, not only because of the intense vocals performance but mainly because of the epic instrumental! Very Happy
Unfortunately I cannot see the pictures of your finished work, however, I think it is a good idea to put on their FB page. Very Happy

I uploaded them again at photobucket, can you see them now?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 5:38 pm

Hanne wrote:
Roger wrote:
Hanne wrote:
I uploaded them again at photobucket, can you see them now?

Yes, now I can see although your post needed a little editing. Very Happy
It is wonderful and it is a quite original idea that ended with a crazy but very good looking result! cheers

Hanne

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Thank you! What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work in progress *finished*   Work in progress *finished* Empty

Back to top Go down

Work in progress *finished*
Page 1 of 1