Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress

Go down 
+2
Shanti
Ana
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress Empty
PostSubject: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:48 am

Hello friends!
Finally, it's May, so we can start painting our projects, yay! Post photos of your progress here, at any stage Very Happy

Ask any technical questions, maybe we'll find solutions together.

If you have any side projects, this is the place to show them too, the more the merrier.

The STS Model Painting Month 2024 edition has officially started, let's go! cheers sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptySat May 04, 2024 11:59 am

Today I started my project, at last. Very Happy
Layed in some rough basic shapes for the brindle patches. Will add some more layers until I have a solid base color.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is my reference

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptySat May 04, 2024 4:13 pm

It will be a simple paintjob; I'm off today and worn out from all the packing so maybe I can take it easy and play with brushes.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptySat May 04, 2024 7:12 pm

Great starts! Can’t wait to see them finished!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptySat May 04, 2024 10:13 pm

Oops, thought I was almost done, but hadn't been able to find the inspiration photo. Now I did, and besides the tail being too big the curl isn't right. The liver came out too dark also. Can't change the tail, but will have to repaint.

I did get this side project completed finally. Hope my memory worked okay here.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptySat May 04, 2024 11:37 pm

Shanti, your bull terrier looks great so far!!! Brindle is a tough pattern to replicate, good luck and I can't wait to see it!

Kelly, your shiba custom looks great! If you change it I am curious to see what further alterations you make. And of course, that spaniel is ADORABLE! It looks a lot like my old Flynn, tongue sticking out and all! Excellent work overall.

I have a victim picked out and will try to start work on it and post photos of it tomorrow. I just found a new job finally, so my time is now restricted a bit. But, my idea is something I am familiar with and have worked with a few times so I think I can get it done within the month.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptySun May 05, 2024 7:43 pm

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! It's just a beginning!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] your Shiba looks nice and the Cocker is so cute!

Some more layers still way to go.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptyMon May 06, 2024 7:12 am

Shanti, even if you just left your bull terrier blonde its darling already! Even while despising and recognizing that the breed design for these is NOT great (they suffer from a lot of health issues today), I still can't help but love the look of this breed. I hope it too can undergo the new fad of "remodeling" it back to a healthier version of it like in the past, but I love this funloving breed and would like to own one someday when I am ready!

Alright, here is my victim for 2024!

An unknown maker chinamal, cheaper plastic and semihollow. I am repainting the paler example figure on the left and keeping the darker one on the right original for now.

I have smoothed out the seams as best I could, layered the base coat, and got real color down today. I start a new job tomorrow and I needed the distraction today to calm my nerves so I got a lot of the early work done today. I am turning it into a summer coat, medium shade red dhole. I am quite excited to add a "standard" sized version of this species to my small Colorata figure.

The figure is in its ugly phase right now with my paintwork but it was storming here today so I couldn't get a good photo of it. Maybe in a day or two. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptyTue May 07, 2024 5:29 am

Alrighty, here it is so far. Early layering and basic color pattern has been laid down.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptyTue May 07, 2024 1:13 pm

I'm sorry for the long absence, I forgot to click "watch this topic" silent

How wonderful to see all the doggos and other canines getting new beautiful colors! And even a custom tail! Exciting!

I love that dhole, it's such a rare species in the world of toy animals! I love you

My jaguar is about prepped but has no paint on, not even primer, so I have nothing to show yet. I hope this coming weekend will bring some colors to my cat cat

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : The Dhole (I had too look first what kind of wolf this is!) looks so good already! Always a joy to see a cheap figure coming to life!!
And I agree with you about the Bull Terrier. Ii would love to own one too but we have some strict laws prohibiting some breeds and the Bull Terrier is one of them. Crying or Very sad
And good luck for your new job! Very Happy cheers

Could not continue painting my project, so nothing to show either.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:57 pm

Beautiful work so far!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptyTue May 14, 2024 2:32 am

House closes on Friday, so I think this is it. I lightened the liver just a tad. Won't have time to do more so I hope it's okay as is.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptyTue May 14, 2024 3:14 am

It looks great Kelly! The tail turned out really well. Aaaaaaaand congratulations on the house! Whoohoo!

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptyTue May 14, 2024 3:33 am

Congrats! Amazing job! I can't even tell the tail was sculped on I love you cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptyTue May 14, 2024 10:05 am

Wow, he looks awesome!! Congratulations! Very Happy I almost see him waggling his tail! Laughing cheers

Could not work on my project these days because of family obligations but hopefully I will find some time soon. Still more than half of May left! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptyTue May 14, 2024 12:46 pm

Yay what a lovely dog, Kelly! And I agree, the tail looks amazing! Very good looking color toon Congratulations on finishing your project!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress EmptyThu May 16, 2024 6:13 pm

Nice to see I'm not the only one who is in a hurry Laughing

And nice to see that at least three of us are working hard cheers

I don't have a lot of free time this month and I'm not sure I will be able to finish before june but I will try. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress   STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress Empty

Back to top Go down

STS Model Painting Month 2024 - work in progress
Page 1 of 1