Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures

Go down 
+6
pipsxlch
George
Kikimalou
Joliezac
Shanti
Ana
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  Empty
PostSubject: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 11:00 am

Hello STS Forum friends!
There has been some interest in our forum's new edition of Painting Month. sunny I'm happy to announce it will come again this year! cheers cheers

As previously we will start painting our chosen model in May and try to finish it within one month Smile
If you succeed and you agree to it I'll add a photo of your work to the final collage. Last year we even had a chance to have a dedicated forum logo for an entire month, showcasing the finished figurines. I think that was pretty great! Of course, it's not a competition, no worries!

To not open too many topics about this event I decided that this is also the signup space for this year. Here you can show us the BEFORE photo of your chosen, unpainted, or original finish model and tell us your plan for its color.

There will be two more threads coming in May. One for work in progress and one for finished models.

All animal models are welcome, any material, scale, realistic or not, wild, domestic, prehistoric, or fantasy, whatever makes you happy! All techniques are fine, acrylics, oils, pencils, markers, mixed media, decoupage, you can go wild if you like Twisted Evil

Technical questions are always welcome! You can also check the tutorials section of this forum for more inspiration and help Smile

Important: We don't start painting the official model before May. But you can start prepping your model in April already. It means removing seamlines and any annoying elements. Resculpting and customizing if you wish. You can also cover the model in primer, gesso, or basecoat. Very Happy

Please choose one official model and don't change it after committing to it. I believe choosing one official project helps with motivation and focus. All extras and side projects can go to the general topic of the event (work in progress). Of course, we'll be happy to see them too!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 9:43 am

Anna, this is great, count me in! Very Happy
Now I need to look for a proper victim.  bounce Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 11:49 am

That's fantastic, Shanti ! I'll be excited to see what you choose to paint! 😀

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 7:58 am

Can't wait to see what everyone does!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 9:41 pm

I will play the game too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 9:47 am

Awesome!
I still need to decide what to paint too 😆

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 11:05 am

Same here : definitely count me in, but haven't chosen this year's subject yet!

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 12:46 am

Here's my victim should I be able to participate.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 1:40 am

cheers I hope to participate too, I will look around in my boxes to find a subject to work on!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 2:50 pm

Yay, we have a small group of participants! Very Happy Very Happy Still not sure which model to paint! As always I will be late for the date! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 3:08 pm

Yay, great to see you all joining! cheers

I'm trying to choose one project, I found those three models in my box with unpainted figures and can't decide. All three models are sculpted by Mountain Animal Studio. They are Pygmy Hippo, Leopard, and Jaguar. If I choose any of the big cats I would go for melanistic color variation. Which one do you think I should paint?

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 3:37 pm

Ooooh, difficult choice! I think I would go for the cat to the right but they are all beautiful and need their coats! Laughing Laughing

And I really need to choose a victim as well... Embarassed Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 5:19 pm

I think you should paint three May models this year cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 pm

This is the same issue I end up with, not being able to decide and now I have a stack of figures on my desk to pick just *one*!!

I vote for the jaguar also. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 1:27 pm

Yes, it's so hard to decide! Even if there are no wrong choices Wink

I see the jaguar is the most popular so far 😊 I think I'll go for it. Now I need to find some good reference pictures Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 3:04 pm

Oh wow, that jaguar and leopard are beautiful. Whichever you choose I know will be beautiful!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 2:29 pm

I limited my possible victims to two models. A Mr.Z Great Dane and Bull Terrier.
The Bull Terrier has a rather ugly tatoo which I want to be gone. This dog is otherwise almost ready to paint.
With the great dane it is different. I would love to have a great dane with flopped ears. If I would chose this model first I had to remove the cropped ears and sculpt new flopped ears. Not sure if I could finish this until April 30th. But I could try.
What do you think? Which dog should I chose for STS Model Painting Month 2024? Very Happy bounce

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 3:32 pm

The great Dane should be a very nice challenge but, please, save the poor Bull Terrier first bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 10:46 am

Kikimalou wrote:
The great Dane should be a very nice challenge but, please, save the poor Bull Terrier first bounce cheers

I think the same!
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 9:19 pm

Thank you! Very Happy I think I will go for the Bull Terrier. Time is running short. Maybe, just maybe the Great dane could be a side project or just a later project.

So my entry will be a brindle Bull Terrier. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 2:20 am

A shame the bull terrier has such a beautiful sculpt but ugly tattoos... Can't wait to see how you paint him!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 am

I like that Bullterrier. Which brand is it? ^^

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 9:57 am

Thank you! These tattoos are truly ugly. Not sure why anybody would do this...

@Tupolew Tu-154: The Bull Terrier is made by Mr.Z But he ist much larger than the other standing Bull Terrier (without Tattoo).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:03 pm

I shall participate too if my camping site let me enough time! To save time, I think I shall paint a jungle cat of my own production that I have to paint anyway! :)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:19 pm

Yay, sounds great, Caracal!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures    STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures  Empty

Back to top Go down

STS Model Painting Month 2024 Announcement and your BEFORE pictures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next