Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some dinos from Sega Sunrise

Go down 
+3
LeeAnn
widukind
SUSANNE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Some dinos from Sega Sunrise Empty
PostSubject: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 1:12 pm

As my son collects Sega-Mastersystem games, I could not resist a bis on some Sega-Sunrise dinoes drunken 

They are very neat, I think, but as it doesn't say what kind of dinos they are, I need the help from our experts, please Shocked 

They clearly come from some kind of game, as they have different valyes for "Attack" and "defend" :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This one looks like an Oviraptor with a fancy hairdo Laughing 

A nice Saurolophus, but what species ?

Ankylosaurus ?

Minmi ?

This one must be a triceratops, isn't it ?

Another 'tops , but which one ? scratch 

I hope somebody can help with more information Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Interesting stuff, i wish the had produced wildlife animals too !! Congrats Susanne cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Great finds! cheers

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Wow, nice dinos! And so colourful! Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Thankyou, yes they surely are colourful Laughing 

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Does anybody have a guess as to what species of dinoes they are ???? study Very Happy 

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 11:34 pm

So colorful, they almost look like macaw dinosaurs! Laughing Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 12:27 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
So colorful, they almost look like macaw dinosaurs! Laughing Very Happy 
Laughing Laughing Well, dinoes were the ancestors of macaws, so why not  geek Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 12:57 am

Congratulations Susanne. I've found some online info about them but mostly about large sized ones. These called Playmates are not easy to find to check the correct species. As I told you, I think the armoured is a saichania and that you're surely right about the saurolophus. Others are too strange to I recognize. geek
I hope someone can identify them or find the complete list.
I've found that the large series have 36 figures, small series have 12 and there is still these Playmates and diorama series all from SEGA Dinosaur King.
I'll let you know if I find somehting more. Very Happy
They're very charming and dino collectors love them despite their extravangant looking. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:49 am

Thankyou VERY much, Croger flower Applause cheers 

Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 4:04 am

Hey you got some rare Dinosaur King figures. They are based off of dinosaurs found in a Japanese Cartoon called Dinosaur King. The show is like Pokemon, except with dinosaurs. It also had a Card Game with it, which may explain the ATTACK and DEFEND on there bases.

I haven't seen the show in years, but I do know some of the dinosaurs you have there.

The first dino with the yellow hair is supposed to be a Utahraptor

The next one is Saurolophus

Next one is indeed ankylosaurus

The purple backed one is Saichania

Next one is there Triceratops

and the last is Anchiceratops

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 8:35 am

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, dear Takama cheers cheers cheers 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some dinos from Sega Sunrise   Some dinos from Sega Sunrise Empty

Back to top Go down

Some dinos from Sega Sunrise
Page 1 of 1