Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion

Go down 
+8
Takama
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
bojan
Roger
arafan
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
12 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  Empty
PostSubject: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:10 pm

I am proudly to present, with a big connection to Dresden, the new 2014 male white lion . It is the second colour variation of the first lion version:D And i am totally agree with Philipp, it is a fabulous figurine:cheers: cheers 
It will be released in January 2014.
The connection to my hometown is our local icehockey team. The mascot of the " Dresdner Eislöwen  ( http://www.eisloewen.de/ )" is a white lion.

But in the nature this lion is a colour mutation from the Kruger lion subspecie. Here you can find more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_lion

Now the pics of the majestic animal:

New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  White_10

New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  White_11

New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  38720610

New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  38720611

New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  38720612

New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  White_12

Thanks for Mojö and thanks for the privilege to present this figurine

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny

Last edited by widukind on Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Hmm... This was a surprise. I think I prefer the original color but his isn't too bad either. Great job mojo!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:39 pm

I was thinking whether this comment is really necessary here now, but I say it anyway.
Unfortunately, this lion I don't like. Find it a pity that support this mafia manufacturers, even if they still look so beautiful and bring in money. pale Neutral 

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks Andreas for presenting! Very Happy I believe the commercial life of the first Mojo lion was to short to the mold be abandoned and surely this figure is one of the reasons why we are having the chance of enjoying and new and renovated lion of a superior quality. If it was not this one probably we needed to wait longer and those who collect wildlife know that brands make lots of new lions and they are usually not excelent figures. Also, Mojo is not just launching white lions to make easy money. Mojo only is giving a new color to old molds but introducing completely new lions.
I also don't like and don't collect white lions but I am sure it will be successful in terms of sales and can help Mojo continuing its good job on market and consequently giving us the chance of having more unusual species with low commercial interest.
I agree with Bryan, these figures are beautiful but not necessary although almost brands have them. Very Happy

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 9:11 pm

I didn't see that coming at all, but I really like the idea that he's made from the now retiring mould! Applause For new Mojö customers definitely a must have!
I was thinking about these moulds used twice and thought of the Stoat, he could be easily painted into white and sold as Ermine. And then the Gentoo penguin into an Adelie penguin.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 10:02 pm

bojan wrote:
I didn't see that coming at all, but I really like the idea that he's made from the now retiring mould! Applause For new Mojö customers definitely a must have!
I was thinking about these moulds used twice and thought of the Stoat, he could be easily painted into white and sold as Ermine. And then the Gentoo penguin into an Adelie penguin.
That was just my thought too : Good way to use the old mould, so they aren't just different colours  ! Very Happy 

But what I VERY much like by this model is that the mane and the tip of the tail are more yellowish Applause Applause Applause Applause 
Take a look at the ones from Papo and Safari : White plastic, a little paint in the face and paws, and Voila ! a money-mashine What a Face 

Of course I will have this beauty too ! cheers
( Can't have a hole in my Mojos-collection What a Face )  

And, Bojan, I totally, 100% support the idea of a white stoat Very Happy Very Happy 

Please, please, Egbertbert, won't we get a white stoat too bounce

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Wonderful! I like the yellowed mane, as Susanne pointed out. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:07 am

I had to come back and look again. Smile Honestly, I think it is an ingenious idea to recycle their retiring mold of their other lion and repaint it. It doesn't give collectors the annoying doubles of different colors many companies do, and although yes it is cheaper, in this way its a bit smarter than just repainting the same molds over and over. I also like, as has been pointed out earlier, that he isn't a simple perfect white, he is a more realistic off white in places, even a tannish- yellow. Great ideas on Mojo's part.cheers 

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 1:43 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I had to come back and look again. Smile Honestly, I think it is an ingenious idea to recycle their retiring mold of their other lion and repaint it. It doesn't give collectors the annoying doubles of different colors many companies do, and although yes it is cheaper, in this way its a bit smarter than just repainting the same molds over and over. I also like, as has been pointed out earlier, that he isn't a simple perfect white, he is a more realistic off white in places, even a tannish- yellow. Great ideas on Mojo's part.cheers 
I pretty much agree with what you said.

I Hate it when company's just repaint the exact same mold as the normal colored figure. And I like what Mojo did there. Though it still another repaint, but the former version is getting retired and thus we got two different lions in the line.
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 9:35 am

He looks very nice Very Happy 

Strangely it seems Schleich is the only brand which hasn't yet released a white lion Rolling Eyes 

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Carola wrote:
He looks very nice Very Happy 

Strangely it seems Schleich is the only brand which hasn't yet released a white lion Rolling Eyes 
Strange indeed once it is the brand of white figures and easy solutions. Though, I suspect you forgot Bullyland, I don't remember seeing white lions in tehir range. scratch flower

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Still, i definitely don't like the white lion thing,...but this one looks best from all approaches, although krugeri is a more massive subspecies than this guy represents....

nyarlahotep

Country/State : kentucky

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Eh, not a big fan of the figure or the concept of white lions/tigers anyway. Even if I buy it, it will be just to have it. It won't be displayed with my others.

It would have been really cool to see them do an Asian lion repaint. Such an idea would appeal more to the collectors, but unfortunately not the general public. They'd probably have to split hairs quite a bit to differentiate between Asian and African lions. Still, it's be neat to have a lion on the shelf with my Asian animals.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 5:42 pm

PeGe wrote:
Still, i definitely don't like the white lion thing,...but this one looks best from all approaches, although krugeri is a more massive subspecies than this guy represents....
Philipp, if the white color is a disadvantage to hunt how could this lion look massive? tongue Laughing

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Seems to be a boring and not to exciting year for Mojo-what a Pitty.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 6:26 pm

I think if white lions (or tigers) exist in the real nature so it is a good idea.Very Happy Very Happy 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Roger wrote:
PeGe wrote:
Philipp, if the white color is a disadvantage to hunt how could this lion look massive? tongueLaughing
As our picture of that subspecies is mainly influenced by captive specimens in very good health condition,.....

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 12:20 am

PeGe wrote:
Roger wrote:
PeGe wrote:
Philipp, if the white color is a disadvantage to hunt how could this lion look massive? tongueLaughing
As our picture of that subspecies is mainly influenced by captive specimens in very good health condition,.....
:)

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:53 pm

I hate White Lions and Tigers-disgusting,"man"made animals-who Needs them ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion    New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion  Empty

Back to top Go down

New for Mojö Fun 2014 - the male White Lion
Page 1 of 1