Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA

Go down 
+21
Tyler Loew
pokeyanyway
scot(t)
cattlecollector
Geospiza fortis
skysthelimit
Arnaud
Roger
bojan
schleichsammler2008
Saarlooswolfhound
JonasV
Carola
Elros Alvar
arafan
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
LeeAnn
Dum_my
ida
MARTINLATIN
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:30 pm

scot(t) wrote:
I apologize if I'm just missing something that someone has already established in their comments in this thread, but I just want to make sure that I'm correct in thinking that (1) the Black Angus trio are reissues -- that is, Schleich is re-using the old Black Angus bull, cow, and calf molds; and that (2) the Hereford trio are the old Simmental bull, cow, and calf molds which are being painted differently. Are both of these suggestions correct?

I know someone put forward the thought that one or more of the Hereford molds may have been changed slightly from the Simmental mold. Are we sure about that? Or was this more in the area of speculation? (I'm honestly just curious. I don't mean to be challenging anyone at all; far from it.)

The Simmental/Hereford Repaints don't surprise me at all. Even re-releasing the Black Angus trio doesn't surprise me. For some reason, what surprises me the most is that Schleich is assigning new identification numbers to the Black Angus trio. The old Bull/Cow/Calf set (retired in 2007 I think) was 13282/13269/13270. The new Bull/Cow/Calf set is 13766/13767/13768. Why would they do this?

I guess it really isn't that odd and I shouldn't find it surprising. After all, Schleich has already done exactly this with the Spotted Hyena: Same mold, re-releasing a retired model, but releasing it under a new identification number.

Collectors can tell the difference between the two Hyenas. I wonder if the same will be true for the Black Angus Cattle.
As far as I know, yes the anguses are reissues (the number thing is weird to me though, I didn't notice that at first) and yes the Hereford cow is slightly altered. As far as I can tell, the bull and calf are not, but the cow has a lower head position than before, more wrinkles in her neck due to that (not entirely sure about that though, may just be the coloring doing that) and the ears are a little different. The tail appears to be different as well, though I'm unsure of this to include it in the list of alterations, especially since it may be the angle or painting doing that to me.  Rolling Eyes But of course any speculated changes couldn't be verified until I saw the new model next to the old one, since pics can be deceiving.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Tyler Loew

Tyler Loew

Country/State : U.S.A. Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:32 pm

It's about time Schleich!!! HEREFORDS cheers cheers cheers cheers  But sadly my Angus won't be worth as much as they were... Ohh well.  Very Happy  The cow has a lot of white along her back though, but the Simmental models that they used are perfect for Herefords. Hopefully they reach local stores soon.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:17 am

OHHHH! I SO much would like those new herefords  bounce  bounce  Shocked 

If anybody buys them for her/himself, perhaps she/he would do me the enormous favour to purchase a set for me, too ?  drunken 

schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Roger wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
schleichsammler2008 wrote:
Take a look here. Just Remakes of the previus models. They changed the fur modelling and the ears a bit. And the colour slightly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
oh how boring!  Why couldn't they make new sculptures?

You know Harriet! First it is much cheaper to use the same molds. Then, the most part of Schleich customers don't have a pale idea that these figures existed before. Then, the brand, under these last administration, always showed lack of interest with collectors. Remember that when a rare figure is sold on EBAY for a huge amount, it doesn't represent a direct profit to the company. Though, they probably don't know that it gives prestige to the brand and there are a little group of customers that only buy Schleich suspecting that they will have one day a high value, the known Superpinto sydrome, that is an unexpressive slice of market but a symptom of a commercially healthy company. Very Happy
Sometimes I think that they will reuse the pinto mold and sell it with the pattern  of the special edition. Unlikely but it won't surprise me at all. Very Happy
/

'Superpinto Syndrome' huh... Laughing Laughing  I can't wait until the film version is released. Will it be the first plastic figurine pure action classic, or maybe a start-stop animation comedy? Also, if released in German language, will the Region 5 release include english subtitles?  Wink 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
pokeyanyway

pokeyanyway

Country/State : Kentucky, United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:08 pm

I got the new cows in today. All of the cows are just repaints except for the new Hereford Cow. It has the year '13 on the bottom of her. I have pictures of all the cattle compared to the old cattle and a picture from all sides of the Simmental and Hereford cows, but have no computer at the moment. I will post them as soon as I get home.

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
And the rest are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:01 pm

I'll wait
Back to top Go down
pokeyanyway

pokeyanyway

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:48 pm

The Hereford is on the left.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For everything else the new ones are on the right.

And here is the only new cow that wasn't just a repaint. The Hereford has the long stripe down her back.

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan

Last edited by pokeyanyway on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:45 pm

Many congrats! They're all gorgeous!  cheers 
Thanks on pics!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:58 am

Wow, I love the cow. The anguses have minor differences in paint job (that's to be expected) and the Herefords look like they just covered the white spots (another to be expected paint job fix) I really like the cow though, so I'd have to get her family. Thanks for sharing!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:12 am

Thank you for comparison photos! They all just flew straight into my wishlist, too bad they're USA only releases!  Mad

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:13 am

Is the "new" cattle a litlle smaller in size?  scratch 
It is very obvious with the Hereford calf, but the others seem a little bit smaller as well.

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:28 pm

I really want them ! I like having several models of a same species/breed.
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 1:31 pm

I like the new Hereford cow, the only problem is that the udder is too big for a beef breed like the Hereford.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
pokeyanyway

pokeyanyway

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
Is the "new" cattle a litlle smaller in size?  scratch 
It is very obvious with the Hereford calf, but the others seem a little bit smaller as well.

They're all the same size. I guess it was the way I was holding the camera.

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Very nice to see more photos. Thanks for sharing! cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:48 pm

cattlecollector wrote:
I like the new Hereford cow, the only problem is that the udder is too big for a beef breed like the Hereford.
Yes its true it should be smaller. However there are some individuals that I know of that were kinda sorta bred to be more like domestic milk cows rather than for beef. I know a few smaller animal farmers (rabbits/chickens) or sheep herders who live in the mountains or farther away from cities and their cows were Herefords (since they just bought the cheapest thing they could, and it was coincidence that it was Herefords at all) and they had some of the largest udders I've ever seen on a cow. My grandfather raised crosses of mostly Hereford blood so I'm familiar with breed standards etc. and these ladies were meant for producing milk by the bucket loads for their mountain men owners. Shocked Really, it was quite a sight to behold to witness the diversity and adaptability of an animal, no matter its breed characteristics that demanded otherwise.

Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 11:59 pm

I love this cow!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tyler Loew

Tyler Loew

Country/State : U.S.A. Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:58 pm

cattlecollector wrote:

True and her back stripe seems to be a bit to big for the Hereford breed but the bull and the calf look great. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:04 pm

cattlecollector wrote:
That's really good of you
I thought I was the only that knew of this.
But we need more more more cattle breads!!
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:27 pm

MARTINLATIN wrote:
cattlecollector wrote:
That's really good of you
I thought I was the only that knew of this.
But we need more more more cattle breads!!
Thanks. Smile 
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 9:15 pm

pokeyanyway wrote:
I got the new cows in today. All of the cows are just repaints except for the new Hereford Cow. It has the year '13 on the bottom of her. I have pictures of all the cattle compared to the old cattle and a picture from all sides of the Simmental and Hereford cows, but have no computer at the moment. I will post them as soon as I get home.

Don't the others have the markings '13 on the bottom? Only the Hereford cow? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
pokeyanyway

pokeyanyway

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 7:31 am

donny ong wrote:
pokeyanyway wrote:

Don't the others have the markings '13 on the bottom? Only the Hereford cow? Thanks.

The Hereford is the only one with the '13 markings. The rest have their original year markings on them.

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 6:29 pm

pokeyanyway wrote:
donny ong wrote:
pokeyanyway wrote:

The Hereford is the only one with the '13 markings. The rest have their original year markings on them.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
She-Wolf

She-Wolf

Country/State : Utah, USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 5:57 pm

MARTINLATIN wrote:
I saw in h&h winners circle that they do!
Yuppyyyyyyy

I shop on H&H Winners' Circle too! I think i've seen those cattle, i'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3