Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA

Go down 
+21
Tyler Loew
pokeyanyway
scot(t)
cattlecollector
Geospiza fortis
skysthelimit
Arnaud
Roger
bojan
schleichsammler2008
Saarlooswolfhound
JonasV
Carola
Elros Alvar
arafan
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
LeeAnn
Dum_my
ida
MARTINLATIN
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 3:33 pm

I wonder if these will lower the value of the older angus that usually sell for a good chunk of money here in the US?

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:03 pm

Interesting since I don't have the old Angus.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:59 pm

Hm... yup that was my prognosis.  Wink Interesting though, I might have to get the Herefords if nothing else, that's what my grandfather raised for decades.  Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
schleichsammler2008

schleichsammler2008

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 5:23 pm

I asked Schleich about them. On monday we should know more!

P.S. The initial release of the key - look at it
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 6:40 pm

OK, people who payed big money for old Angus cattle, say MUUUU... Me first  Mad 

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 7:26 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
That may be why they have chosen to "bring them back" now...  Rolling Eyes 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 8:26 pm

Ajajjajaja jajaj hahahhahahah
That's why they started the resaled of the old model of cows!
Even there web site is not updated like many years back with the new models in of every year?"
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:03 pm

schleichsammler2008 wrote:
Take a look here. Just Remakes of the previus models. They changed the fur modelling and the ears a bit. And the colour slightly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
oh how boring! Why couldn't they make new sculptures?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:15 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Take a look here. Just Remakes of the previus models. They changed the fur modelling and the ears a bit. And the colour slightly.

oh how boring!  Why couldn't they make new sculptures?

You know Harriet! First it is much cheaper to use the same molds. Then, the most part of Schleich customers don't have a pale idea that these figures existed before. Then, the brand, under these last administration, always showed lack of interest with collectors. Remember that when a rare figure is sold on EBAY for a huge amount, it doesn't represent a direct profit to the company. Though, they probably don't know that it gives prestige to the brand and there are a little group of customers that only buy Schleich suspecting that they will have one day a high value, the known Superpinto sydrome, that is an unexpressive slice of market but a symptom of a commercially healthy company. Very Happy
Sometimes I think that they will reuse the pinto mold and sell it with the pattern of the special edition. Unlikely but it won't surprise me at all. Very Happy

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 4:51 pm

I'm happy the sculpts aren't new. If they were, I'm sure they'd be no exception to the huge eyes and other features characteristic of many of the new Schleich animals.
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Usually I'm against stuff like that, but those were really good figurines back in the day, and with new texture they look better than most of the 2014 releases!

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Reaction before pics.
 Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad  Reaction after pics.  Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:19 am

If you go on ebay and type in "schleich 2014 cow", it gives you all the pictures.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:33 am

They did make some small alterations it looks like. I think the new pattern makes the figure look like new, though you can still tell its the same mould.

Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:33 am

The only new mold appears to be the Hereford cow, and maybe a slight alteration on the angus cow's head.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:42 am

I guess that's what I meant since the Hereford cows picture was compared to the older figure. Should have been more clear, sorry.  Smile 

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 2:08 am

skysthelimit wrote:

MUUUUU
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:52 am

skysthelimit wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I note that it's quite different I hope the bull to and the calf?
Thank you so much
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:54 pm

I wish that they had at least tried to improve the angus bull a little. Something about the head never seemed right, and the sides were always to flat. At least it give me a chance to get the cow, which I searched for but never found.  Laughing 

Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
I wonder if these will lower the value of the older angus that usually sell for a good chunk of money here in the US?
THat is what I was wondering too.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Roger wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

oh how boring!  Why couldn't they make new sculptures?

You know Harriet! First it is much cheaper to use the same molds. Then, the most part of Schleich customers don't have a pale idea that these figures existed before. Then, the brand, under these last administration, always showed lack of interest with collectors. Remember that when a rare figure is sold on EBAY for a huge amount, it doesn't represent a direct profit to the company. Though, they probably don't know that it gives prestige to the brand and there are a little group of customers that only buy Schleich suspecting that they will have one day a high value, the known Superpinto sydrome, that is an unexpressive slice of market but a symptom of a commercially healthy company. Very Happy
Sometimes I think that they will reuse the pinto mold and sell it with the pattern  of the special edition. Unlikely but it won't surprise me at all. Very Happy
Yes, I guessed that was why. Still, a rather big disappointment though, they're turning into Papo.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:04 am

I apologize if I'm just missing something that someone has already established in their comments in this thread, but I just want to make sure that I'm correct in thinking that (1) the Black Angus trio are reissues -- that is, Schleich is re-using the old Black Angus bull, cow, and calf molds; and that (2) the Hereford trio are the old Simmental bull, cow, and calf molds which are being painted differently. Are both of these suggestions correct?

I know someone put forward the thought that one or more of the Hereford molds may have been changed slightly from the Simmental mold. Are we sure about that? Or was this more in the area of speculation? (I'm honestly just curious. I don't mean to be challenging anyone at all; far from it.)

The Simmental/Hereford Repaints don't surprise me at all. Even re-releasing the Black Angus trio doesn't surprise me. For some reason, what surprises me the most is that Schleich is assigning new identification numbers to the Black Angus trio. The old Bull/Cow/Calf set (retired in 2007 I think) was 13282/13269/13270. The new Bull/Cow/Calf set is 13766/13767/13768. Why would they do this?

I guess it really isn't that odd and I shouldn't find it surprising. After all, Schleich has already done exactly this with the Spotted Hyena: Same mold, re-releasing a retired model, but releasing it under a new identification number.

Collectors can tell the difference between the two Hyenas. I wonder if the same will be true for the Black Angus Cattle.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:14 am

cattlecollector wrote:
At least it gives me a chance to get the cow, which I searched for but never found.  Laughing 

This also makes me happy.

I absolutely love both the Schleich Simmental and the Black Angus sets. They are not only some of my favorite cattle models, and not only some of my favorite Schleich models, but some of my absolutely favorite models, period. So really, it's pretty great that they're being made available. (And like Robert mentioned above, I am someone who paid an arm and a leg for the Black Angus set. I got them when I first started collecting and I had completely fallen in love with the models. I REALLY overpaid for them. I'm too embarrassed to admit how much the three together cost me. Yikes!)
Back to top Go down
pokeyanyway

pokeyanyway

Country/State : Kentucky, United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:19 am

The cows are already on Happy Hen. The old Angus are sold as a set on the bottom of the page.

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
And the rest are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA   Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2014 cattle exclusive for USA
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next