Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou

Go down 
+7
ken yeo
Lasersword1973
schleich61
Philter4
WILLYBACOMAN
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:04 am

Do you live near a forest ? With a nice river in it ? So this beaver would be a nice addition for you I think !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:59 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:48 pm

Beautiful Beaver Kiki! Congratulations on a very fine model.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:30 pm

Very nice beaver my friend!
A good and deetailed model too!

But i am not fond of those "hairy beavers" as i was, when i was younger...
I prefer the hairless types nowerdays... Very Happy Shocked Wink geek lol!

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:31 pm

great model, too bad it is so big, I would love a beaver and dam diorama, that would be something fun to do.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Philter4 wrote:
great model, too bad it is so big, I would love a beaver and dam diorama, that would be something fun to do.

I'm not sure it is too big... if you try to make a Beavers dio with Schleich, Bullyland, Lineol... You could do something really beautiful near a river... Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

I prefer the hairless types nowerdays...  Very Happy  Shocked  Wink  geek  lol!

I hope you had nicer tooth then  cheers  Laughing  lol!

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:05 am

Wow, Christophe, that is a fantastic beaver - the best I've seen. I don't collect Papo, despite their proficiency with big cats and other mammalian models, but this beaver is a MUST-HAVE for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:06 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Very nice beaver my friend!
A good and deetailed model too!

I prefer the hairless types nowerdays... Very Happy Shocked Wink geek lol!

Very amusing, Willy, but as they often say here in America nowadays, "TOO MUCH INFORMATION." :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptySat May 01, 2010 4:34 am

That's a cool Beaver, Christophe! cheers I will catch this Beaver around Christmas season. bounce
By the way, does anybody knows what the number 1209 meant? Initially, I thought it's a Papo's code only? As in it was manufactured sometime in December 2009? But the thing surprised me is, that the Safari Ltd's also has this number code. question

Last edited by Lasersword1973 on Sat May 01, 2010 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptySat May 01, 2010 6:05 am

Lasersword1973 wrote:
That's a cool Beaver, Christophe! cheers I will catch this Beaver around Christmas season. bounce
By the way, is anybody knows what the number 1209 meant? Initially, I thought it's a Papo's code only? As in it was manufactured sometime in December 2009? But the thing surprised me is, that the Safari Ltd's also has this number code. question

I don't know about this number Ronald, it is the first time I see it and I didn't already buy some 2010 Safari's.
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:02 am

It's placed under my new Safari Ltd's Flamingo. I don't have any idea also what these numbers really meant? question
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:42 am

Congratulations! a fine beaver for you & will you getting the new beaver from collecta too?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:02 am

ken yeo wrote:
Congratulations! a fine beaver for you & will you getting the new beaver from collecta too?

Thank you Ken.

About the beavers, I must say that even the Papo wasn't on my 2010 wants list... But I saw it in a shop and  so began a love at first sight story  Laughing

European and north-American fauna are not my favourite preys but now I begin to reconsider my ideas and maybe I will buy the Beavers from Bullyland, CollectA and Schleich to create a whole tribe like I did with the meerkats...With the Papo and Lineol ones they could be five. Well, I will see...

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:11 am

There is nothing wrong with "older" beavers as it seems... Wink

Yes Phil ,much information maybe, but ok, we like to give much information around here, haha. Wink
You must see the fun of it, collecting and making fun can go together, istn't it...
I think you know that we are quit free here in Europe, and that things are quit different in your area's...

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:22 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

I think you know that we are quit free here in Europe, and that things are quit different in your area's...

Especially, when you are a lion living in Zwolle Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Yeah! About the same as a Celebes macaque living in Tourcoing, haha! Very Happy drunken geek jocolor

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:34 am

Awesome beaver. Thanks for the great pictures.
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: baltimore zoo   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:29 am

Get ready for the PAPO financed movie coming to a theater near you...
"ATTACK OF THE GIANT BEAVER!"
Seriously, "The Beav's" quite an artistic and well sculpted piece, however...too large(unfortunately, not to scale, like some other figures). Kind of like the Papo meerkats, very very nice, but to BIG!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:04 pm

confused Too big ? For what ??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

It is not too big for the Schleich beaver Very Happy , it is too small for the Schleich koala... Laughing

And it is already too big for the dwarvish mooses and elephants made by Schehchseleiccch indeed cheers affraid Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:58 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
confused Too big ? For what ??? Laughing Laughing Laughing
It is not too big for the Schleich beaver Very Happy , it is too small for the Schleich koala... Laughing
And it is already too big for the dwarvish mooses and elephants made by Schehchseleiccch indeed cheers affraid Laughing
It must be too big for Schleich bears, wolves, deers and other Holarctic fauna, am I right?
And how does it look near Papo mooses, wolves and bears? I wonder...
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

PostSubject: The 2010 new beaver   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Beautiful photos and beautiful model. We are thinking about buying, and therefore I have a few questions to Christophe. 1 - black on the photos back legs look a bit like a cartoon. Is this in reality.
2 - TGF Toy indicate that its height is 2 inches (5.08 cm). Is this true.
3 - if you can insert pictures for comparison with the raccoon, or wolf from Schleich
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: baltimore zoo   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 6:53 pm

I just wish all the animals that are made would be to scale, that's all! For example, if you have a savannah
diorama, the meerkats would be not of the same scale next to wildebeest etc..
I'm kind of surprised as collectors this doesn't bother you guys? I like my figs to be as close to proportion, so when displayed they look good!
So yes, if you were doing a North American woodland/pond diorama, and had the beaver near the moose, it would look disproportional!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Kiryuha wrote:

It must be too big for Schleich bears, wolves, deers and other Holarctic fauna, am I right?
And how does it look near Papo mooses, wolves and bears? I wonder...
zbyszek wrote:
Beautiful photos and beautiful model. We are thinking about buying, and therefore I have a few questions to Christophe. 1 - black on the photos back legs look a bit like a cartoon. Is this in reality.
2 - TGF Toy indicate that its height is 2 inches (5.08 cm). Is this true.
3 - if you can insert pictures for comparison with the raccoon, or wolf from Schleich

I know Kyril it's not the first time we discuss about this.  Wink  

the beaver is too big for the Schleich Holartic fauna, it is also too big for the Papo Holartic fauna. It doesn't mean it is too big  Very Happy .

I bought that beaver because I think it is a good model and, the good thing is he can live with the Schleich beaver. If the Papo is too big, then the Schleich is also too big  Wink

But again , the Schleich holartic fauna is not at one scale, some are too big... Others are too small. "Too big" means nothing.

I don't have the Schleich mooses and deers to make some comparison shots but I try to do this on the pics below.

Zbyszek, the beaver is 5cm tall.About the legs, the horrible truth is the real beavers have also cartoonish back legs  Very Happy  Laughing

Beavers and friends

The two big beavers

The too big beaver

the too small wild game  Wink

baltimore zoo wrote:
I just wish all the animals that are made would be to scale, that's all! For example, if you have a savannah
I'm kind of surprised as collectors this doesn't bother you guys? I like my figs to be as close to proportion, so when displayed they look good!
So yes, if you were doing a North American woodland/pond diorama, and had the beaver near the moose, it would look disproportional!

I understand your wish Baltimore  Very Happy .

But the only way I know to realise your wish is to do like Danny "Berlinzoo" who ask a sculptor to make 1/12 scale models for him.

Why it doesn't bother me ?

Easy, my first collection was vintage : animal toys from the 1920's to the 1970's. So Schleich is not the "standart" for me. I love models from different scales and I can't see why I must choose one scale and never collect a Schleich because it is too big or too small for the rest of my collection.
Another reason is the size of my collection, it is far smaller than Torben's collection but it is not exactly a small one : With more than 1500 wild animals it is impossible to have only one Scale. I don't want to choose  Wink
When a collection reach a critical size, the scale question is inevitable.Look at Torben or Willy's collection, or mine of course, and you will see the only answer is : Scale doesn't matter !

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:08 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

PostSubject: The 2010 new beaver   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Thank you for the pictures and commentary. Convinced me of this and bobr hit the shopping list. IMHO I continue looking at your picture in the real world that his legs look like the cartoons. I think that in the real world is feeling disappears.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:08 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
These are my thoughts exactly. So not all the collectors don't bother about scales :) I think the majority of us are very sensitive to figurine scales.

baltimore zoo wrote:
Agree 100%!
By the way, have you already set a North American woodland/pond diorama up? If you have, I'd be glad to see pics of it.

Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

The too big beaver
Many thanks for the pics, Kiki!
And even more horrible truth is that Schleich bison is way too small...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou   The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2010 PAPO beaver by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next