Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+9
Bonnie
donny ong
Advicot
Roger
widukind
lucky luke
SUSANNE
spacelab
Kikimalou
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 2:45 pm

Papo decided in 2021 to follow Mojo and Southlands Replicas paths, producing an emu. It is one of the most prolific ratite in the toy world, only second to the Ostrich of course, and far behind it Wink Laughing

I suppose you know what is an Emu, what is Papo and what is 2021. So let's dance the pics sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With Mojo

With Southlands Replicas

The legs

The eyes and beaks

The whole family
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 4:24 pm

Beautiful photos of a good model as it seems Christophe! Applause
I prefer the southlands in every aspect, but the papo model takes the 2nd place.

Is it leaning to the front a bit or my eyes play tricks?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 6:16 pm

Beautyful walkaround and great comparisons cheers
And - of course - WONDERFUL pictures drunken

Searching through pictures of emus, I can see that they can look quite different.
Facial fethers etc, - probably a question of the time of the year.
So these three are great to have together, even if the Mojo bird could have a bit nicer paintwork... colose-up photos , however, ofthen reviel more that we notice when the models are standing on a shelf .

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 6:36 pm

Beautyful walkaround and great comparisons Christophe Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 6:50 pm

A nice emu family :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 6:56 pm

If a synoptic collector dares to asks me opinion to suggest the best, emu, it will be a problem. I really like all of them. Maybe my suggestion would go to the Southlands model just for collectability reasons. Much easier to choose the best emu chick. The walk around is excellent as usual, I'd say if we count kiwis species as a unity, they may be slightly more prolific than emus but that is a very debatable comment. Laughing First they are more than one species and I am not completely sure that kiwis are commoner than emus in toy shape. Much easier to compare ostriches with rheas. study

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 8:11 pm

Wonderful walkaround of this stunning emu cheers Applause

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 3:03 am

Great walkaround as always, Christophe. Thanks. Applause cheers

Did you get the heron as well?

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 8:34 am

Thank you my friends  Very Happy

spacelab wrote:
Beautiful photos of a good model as it seems Christophe!  Applause
I prefer the southlands in every aspect, but the papo model takes the 2nd place.

Is it leaning to the front a bit or my eyes play tricks?

Maybe a bit but the Southlands is leaning to the left and the Mojo to the right  Laughing

Roger wrote:
If a synoptic collector dares to asks me opinion to suggest the best, emu, it will be a problem. I really like all of them. Maybe my suggestion would go to the Southlands model just for collectability reasons. Much easier to choose the best emu chick. The walk around is excellent as usual, I'd say if we count kiwis species as a unity, they may be slightly more prolific than emus but that is a very debatable comment. Laughing First they are more than one species and I am not completely sure that kiwis are commoner than emus in toy shape. Much easier to compare ostriches with rheas. study

Kiwis are less common than Emus on TAW. It is even fun to see than some are listed as North Island brown kiwi AND as Southern brown kiwi  Laughing

donny ong wrote:
Great walkaround as always, Christophe. Thanks. Applause cheers

Did you get the heron as well?

Yes, the Grey heron walkaround is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:13 am

Kikimalou wrote:

Kiwis are less common than Emus on TAW. It is even fun to see than some are listed as North Island brown kiwi AND as Southern brown kiwi  Laughing

A, so now I know they look a lot! Laughing I divided the kiwi page into species since we've found the K&M polybag with different species but apparently the job was not completed. I will move those not specified to the kiwi page.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:45 am

Wonderful walkaround again, I love the details of the feathers, and how there is a mixture of light and darker paint, it shows how dense they are just like on the real bird! cheers cheers
It's great that we now have another model of this species by a major brand! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 11:30 am

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

A, so now I know they look a lot! Laughing I divided the kiwi page into species since we've found the K&M polybag with different species but apparently the job was not completed. I will move those not specified to the kiwi page.

Yes there is a lot of works to do on TAW  Laughing  But I can see a good team is working these days and some good jobs are done.

Bonnie wrote:
Wonderful walkaround again, I love the details of the feathers, and how there is a mixture of light and darker paint, it shows how dense they are just like on the real bird! cheers cheers
It's great that we now have another model of this species by a major brand! sunny

I never thought I would buy one more Emu after the excellent Southlands Replicas one but I had a great compulsive buying moment when I discovered it at Modelpferdversand Laughing .

Remember I still have to reduce my collection Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 1:34 pm

It's a very nice emu and a wonderful emu chick Very Happy Thank you for the walk-around., Christophe!  cheers
I don't know which of the three I like the most but I really like the head of Papo one, especially the profile view. It's also very nicely painted.
We have some emus in the toy form now. I think it would be fun to see also more cassowaries in the future.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 2:06 pm

Ana wrote:
It's a very nice emu and a wonderful emu chick Very Happy Thank you for the walk-around., Christophe!  cheers
I don't know which of the three I like the most but I really like the head of Papo one, especially the profile view. It's also very nicely painted.
We have some emus in the toy form now. I think it would be fun to see also more cassowaries in the future.

I´m still more in need of a rhea figure from the modern brands^^ We already have two cassowaries but no Rheas. But we can see Rheas nearly in every zoo - but perhaps they are not colorful enough for the companies...

I still don´t know which Emu I should buy. The Papo looks really nice, but something disturbs me with the eyes...but when I think at the emus that I met in Australia, they all have disturbing eyes^^
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 5:25 pm

A white rhea and a normal colour rhea might be a nice set, with different poses like the Noah's pals ostriches Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 8:41 pm

I'm affraid Rheas look too much like female ostriches but who knows ?
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 11:36 pm

I love love love to watch walkarounds !
Even if I have the model already Very Happy But still not the chick. On my shop was sold, so I hope soon I will get it too.
It is a wonderful model and goes really well especially with the Southlands one.
And I think this time Papo menage to make these models ( together with the heron ) far more stable.
It look`s the material is harder and also the poses of the legs , better for stability .
So I hope , we will not have problems, like with marabou stork and flamingo ... but let`s wait for the summer pale Laughing
Thank you for this great photos Kiki cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 5:01 am

Thank you for your kind words Kosta Very Happy

I'm already waiting for summer Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 11:10 am

Wonderful photos Shocked

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 11:42 am

Thank you Massimo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The Papo 50272 Emu, a walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1