Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon

Go down 
+28
Menphis
widukind
sauroid
75senta75
Roger
Sergey
Florian
Deseo
Numa
stewe90
LeeAnn
Geospiza fortis
niller
Saien
koniminiatures
donny ong
pm64
SpiralStrix
lucky luke
arafan
ulinuk
Ana
bojan
scot(t)
Juan Andrés
Bloodrayne
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Choose your Prehistoric life Animal for 2013
Papo Dimetrodon
The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 26 ]
Mojo Hyaenodon
The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 13 ]
papo Carnotaurus
The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 17 ]
Mojo Deinotherium
The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 10 ]
Kinto Styracosaurus
The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 3 ]
Mojo Daeodon
The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 6 ]
CollectA Diplodocus
The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 9 ]
CollectA Diabloceratops
The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Kaiyodo Diabloceratops
The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 5 ]
Papo Wooly Rhinoceros
The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 102

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon   The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:31 am

In this kind of polls, where preliminar choices are made with lists, the popularity of a brand is always determinant. It looks contradictory once there isn't a single Schleich on top10. Though, CollectA is being a fashion brand these days and it explains why diaploceratops is in that list. Maybe also because it is a very charming dino and STS is not yet very focused in prehistoric life. Sad
Also, our community is misrepresented in terms of Safari collectors, don't know why... scratch
The same for Japanese brands, how can people vote in a figure that is unknown?
That is happening in other polls, much probably we won't have a single Breyer on top10 of horses what is a very strange thing but it is also because the brand is misrepresented here.
Why it happens, probably because Safari has a strong FB community, Breyer concentrates their collectors in an old and dedicated forum, DTF aggregates most of collectors of prehistoric figures and Japanese figures are not available in Europe and North America, where most part of us resides. So, in this point, these polls are also interesting to know better our community and meet the needs. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon   The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:44 am

These lists and polls will be the answer to a question ne never asked: Who we are?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon   The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Mojo Hyaenodon forever.

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon   The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:42 pm

I wanted to vote for the dimetrodon but I finally voted for the hyaenodon because it's a famous revolution in the work and in the morphology of the mammals figures. Congrats Mojo.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon   The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 8:07 am

Congratulation To Papo for winning the STS 2013 Prehistoric life figure  Applause 

Below the final ranking:

1 - Papo Dimetrodon
2 - Papo Carnotaurus
3 - Mojo Hyaenodon
4 - Papo Wooly Rhinoceros
5 - Mojo Deinotherium
6 - CollectA Diplodocus
7 - Mojo Daeodon
8 - Kaiyodo Diabloceratops
9 - Kinto Styracosaurus
10 - CollectA Diabloceratops

A few Stats:

Number of vote: 102
Number of lists for the first round: 24
Number of models for the first round: 31
Number of companies for the first round: 6. CollectA, Kaiyodo, Kinto Favorite, Mojo, Papo and Safari ltd
Number of companies for the final poll: 5. Curiously for me, Sfari Ltd hav'nt reached the top 10.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon   The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 9:24 am

Thanks for additional data, Christophe! Very Happy
It is clear that Papo prehistorics are the most popular among collectors. Their 3 2013 releases are on top4, only Mojo hyaenodon , is an intruse. Laughing
Kaiyodo won the fight of diabloceratops although it is the less known of the 3 brands that released this ceratopsian.
A clear victory also of the Mojo deinotherium over CollectA deinotherium.
The poor performance of Safari contrasts with the good performance of Mojo prehistoric mammals.
Mojo has the most voted mammal with the hyaeonodon and the most voted dinosaur and only theropod on top10 is the Papo carnotaurus. I think this feedback is interesting to collectors but also to other agents envolved in this hobby. :)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon   The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 5:15 am

The Dimetrodon is a very impressive figure. It doesn't surprise me that it won and it's a well deserved win. I actually had a preference for the Carnotaurus. (I didn't think it was a better model than the Dimetrodon, I'm just more attached to it. It's just dynamic and impressive theropod figure. I just purchased the Schleich Carnotaurus for my son and while it's a very cute toy, yikes is it an awful representation next to the papo!)

Related to a point Christophe made, I not only find it interesting that no Safari model made it on the list (the Dimorphodon, the Gryposaurus, and the Diabloceratops were all very impressive figures!), but I found it especially surprising that the CollectA Diabloceratops made it onto the list instead of the Safari Diabloceratops. How is that possible?

At least the Kaiyodo beat out the CollectA monstrosity.  Mad  There were some other Kaiyodos I would have liked to have seen here (as well as some others by Kinto-Favorite). I loved the Kaiyod Kosmoceratops. It's too bad no one seemed interested in it. As someone else pointed out, the Favorite Spinosaurus was very impressive. I should have put that on my list.

Finally, I've realized that my biggest failing was that I ignored the Prehistoric Mammals altogether. I really need to pay more attention to them. I don't collect prehistoric mammals and didn't pay as much attention to them as they clearly deserved.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon   The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 5:43 am

Scott, STS is not a Prehistoric life oriented forum, we are generalists with a wildlife models preference, that's why there was not a lot of lists for this contest and that's why CollectA diabloceratops reached the final poll..; and have only one vote.  Laughing 

Martien, Takama, Postsaurischian didn't make a list by example. I wish our Prehistoric oriented members will do the job for the STS 2014 Prehistoric life figure  Wink 
Back to top Go down
postsaurischian

postsaurischian

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon   The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 4:00 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Scott, STS is not a Prehistoric life oriented forum, we are generalists with a wildlife models preference, that's why there was not a lot of lists for this contest and that's why CollectA diabloceratops reached the final poll..; and have only one vote.  Laughing 

Martien, Takama, Postsaurischian didn't make a list by example. I wish our Prehistoric oriented members will do the job for the STS 2014 Prehistoric life figure  Wink 

I surely will Wink . I just got into this too late this year. It was the first time anyway, wasn't it? I should look around here more often.

Anyway, the Papo Dimetrodon is still a worthy winner (right after Favorite's Saurolophus tongue ) and CollectA's Diabloceratops is a worthy looser Laughing .
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon   The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 8:19 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Very good point Christophe!

Even just a year ago, I often found discussions of prehistoric models at STS as a distraction. Since then, I not only have started collected Dinosaurs, but I also become intensely interested in reading about Dinosaur Paleontology. It's easy to forget how markedly one's own interests can skew one's perspective on things!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon   The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The STS 2013 Prehistoric figure of the year: Papo Dimetrodon
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3