Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou   The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Our friend Roger asked me before I disappeared from the forum if I could do some pics of the Safari dimetrodon.

After a few weeks, here they are  cheers  Sorry for the delay  Embarassed

The dimetrodon is a well known predator of the Permian period. This old animal is not a dinosaur of course, it lived from 280 to 265 million years ago, before the dinos era.
It is a pelycosaur, indeed a group of synapsids wich are mammalian reptile... It means this nice citizen is closer to us, even from Willy, than to the crocs or dinos...
It reached to size of 4 meters and a lot of companies made one... or more...

Now I want to show you the last dimetrodon made by SAFARI Ltd. It was in 2001.

The scale is 1:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou   The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Nice dimetrodon!!! Christophe.

Initially I was hesitating to get this Dimetrodon and now maybe should put him into my list.

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou   The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Wonderful walk around Christophe, I think it's an awesome model, I like the colours cheers
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou   The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks Christophe!!!cheers
I'm very happy to see this prehistoric creature and mainly because your camera and your memory are both in a very fine condition!!!
Great pics, great introduction and mainly the relations between species, dimetrodon, dinos, crocs, members and Willy!Laughing
Well, I think that a dimetrodon has a special roll in evolution process, is a very important figure even in a small prehistoric animals collection like mine!
Scale is nice, the same as almost my prehistoric mammals and even my Lillesaurus!
Thanks! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou   The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The SAFARI dimetrodon walk around by kikimalou
Page 1 of 1