Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou

Go down 
+11
Arrakai
baltimore zoo
Roger
lucky luke
HKHollinstone
ken yeo
widukind
Ana
Wildheart
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:34 pm

2011 seems to be a Mustelidae year. After the Schleich wolverine and European bager, the Safari ltd american badger reached my jungle last week.  Very Happy

The American badger is a member of the Mustelidae, a diverse family of carnivorous mammals which also includes the weasel, ferret, and wolverine. It belongs to one of three sub-families of badgers, the other two being the Eurasian Badger and the Honey Badger.

The American Badger has most of the general characteristics common to badgers; stocky and low-slung with short, powerful legs, they are identifiable by their huge foreclaws (measuring up to 5 cm in length) and distinctive head markings. Measuring generally between 60 to 75 cm in length, males of the species are a little bit larger than females (with an average weight of roughly 7 kg  for females and up to almost 9 kg for males).

American badgers are fossorial carnivore largely nocturnal but have been reported active during the day as well. They do not hibernate, but become less active in winter. A badger may spend much of the winter in cycles of torpor that last around 29 hours. They do emerge from their setts when the temperatures are above freezing.

The scale of the SAFARI Ltd American badger is 1:10 for a 8.5 cm lenght with tail and 7cm for the head and body only.

And now some pics  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With the PLAYVISIONS American badger

With the SCHLEICH european badger

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:56 pm

Thankyou, Christophe flower

Great photoes as always, - very nice with the comparison in size of the Schleich European badger.

That figuere is really, really lovely even if he snarls at us, - as a real badger does:cheers:
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:01 pm

Thank you sooooooooo much for the great pics!
Want want want him!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Oh, I love this figure I love you What a teeth Laughing Thank You for great photos of it Christophe, and for size comparison cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:04 pm

Congratulation!! A very nice badger!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks for the details and info! Playvision American badger is gorgeous too n is it still on the market?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:57 am

ken yeo wrote:
Thanks for the details and info! Playvision American badger is gorgeous too n is it still on the market?

They are still available here
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:33 am

I love him too - fantastic pictures as usual Christophe cheers cheers he's really detailed, look at those teeth Very Happy nice size too, Safari often makes large critters.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:08 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I love him too - fantastic pictures as usual Christophe cheers cheers he's really detailed, look at those teeth Very Happy nice size too, Safari often makes large critters.

Thank you Christophe fantastic figure safari 2011 and already home!
Congratulations and thank you for the link, they are animals I'm looking for a long time and I had lost sight of. Thank you thank you very much great! cheers sunny bounce Wink
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:20 am

Kikimalou wrote:
ken yeo wrote:

They are still available here

Thanks Christophe!!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:33 am

Again fantastic walk arround review, Kiki! monkey cheers
I also want him! 1:10 is a very nice scale for a small figure! elephant
Is also time to think in PV, they have nice species! :)
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:58 am

Nice looking figure! Safari's really improving there figures as far as artistically and realistically! Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 6:57 am

Thank you all, I'm happy you enjoy the review Very Happy

HKHollinstone wrote:

I think since the last years, WILD SAFARI models have a smaller size, still a bit bigger than SCHLEICH but ok for PAPO.

By the way, your Avatar is wonderful Harriet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:00 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you all, I'm happy you enjoy the review Very Happy

HKHollinstone wrote:

I think since the last years, WILD SAFARI models have a smaller size, still a bit bigger than SCHLEICH but ok for PAPO
That's good - there are a lot of models in that series I really like. I don't mind if they're more to the scale of Papo, as long as they're not huge.
Kikimalou wrote:
By the way, your Avatar is wonderful Harriet Very Happy
Thank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Thanx for the pics, Christophe Very Happy

I realy like it, especially the face What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:17 pm

...I think it,s the best model of badger! (european and american)... I want this badger for my badger family... Sad Sad Sad

Last edited by Sergey on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:30 pm

Arrakai wrote:
Thanx for the pics, Christophe Very Happy

I realy like it, especially the face What a Face

Yes, the face is really, really great, - the whole badger it great cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Really fantastic looking badger my friend! I love it!
A must have for me to! Laughing

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:30 pm

He's great! I don't know why, but I somehow associate badgers with grumpiness, and his snarling muzzle fits perfectly Very Happy

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:38 pm

I think he went to University of Wisconsin...
Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

Country/State : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:46 pm

This is just perfect, one of the best figures I've ever seen, pretty accurate including the paint job!
If only the same sculptor could make a Fossa, Leopard seal, Fisher, Snow leopard, Clouded leopard, Dhole, Perentie and Wolverine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou   American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

American badger 2011 Wild Safari North American Wildlife , walk around by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1