Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses

Go down 
+13
Numa
skysthelimit
arafan
scot(t)
donny ong
Roger
Carola
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
SyLoBe
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses Empty
PostSubject: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 12:08 am

Yesterday I was revising my collection: Schleich, Safari, Collecta... Enjoying with all of them, but... When I arrived to Collecta...

It was a DISASTER. One of my Tenessee walking horses (the one in the paint coat) had a white powder on it, where the brown paint was. It is not dust, because it is also in the belly, chin... parts where dust don´t lay. Also. I keep my horses in shelves, protected from direct sun and light in general, that´s why I don´t see them daily. Not close to a heat fountain as radiators or so on. Only, ONLY 3 o 4 horses were in good condition. The rest, and I have many (mostly all the models since 2011) had their legs so blended that were in equilibrium or even don´t stand anymore. Do you remember that I wrote to Collecta telling them how dissapointed I was about the quality of their products, and they sent to me some models (which I already had, but they seemed to be better done)? Okay. Even those were deformed. Only one of the quarter horses keep the original pose.

I don´t know if you can imagine my dissapointment.

Photos will come soon, in few days, when I have time for take them.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 12:34 am

Oh, no Silvia!  affraid affraid affraid That's horrible! I'm so sorry!  pale pale pale 

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 12:47 am

pale That's terrible. I don't have many of CollectA's models, but I hope none of my figures ever do that because I think it would really upset me. I can only imagine what you feel. I'm so sorry this happened, it makes me hesitant to buy collectA products (at least the horses.)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 9:58 am

Ohhh, this had to be horrible Sad I'm so sorry Silvia, it surely is disappointing.

I have 3 CollectA horses, two of which are with me in Holland, they both stand OK. I wouldn't expect the thick legs of Shire would bend but I hope it won't happen to my Lusitano. Shocked I had also Dartmoor and Fjord on list to buy but I'm not sure if I do it. scratch

Writing again to CollectA would be good idea, they need to improve this plastic quality!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:07 am

Whut? The legs bend, just out of nowhere? o.0 I'm so sorry to heard that!
I would be really upset if any of my animals just deform like that.
Can they deform from contact with light? Because I have LED lamps hanging towards my cabinet....

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 12:10 pm

OMG  Shocked  That is terrible foryou, - eeek, I 'll have to check mine  affraid 

About the white powder, there was a subject about it a wihile ago [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is not dangerous and should be possible to remove it with heat, like from a hair dryer.
Perhaps you can fix the legs at the same time  scratch 

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 5:44 pm

That is indeed very upsetting  pale "losing" beloved models like that  Crying or Very sad Looking forward to see photos...

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:55 pm

I´ve tried to fix them but it doesn´t work. I don´t know why... I´ve tried with hot air, hot water, even with a candle, letting them get cold gradually, putting them on water and ice, putting them in the freezer after trying... What works with other brands doesn´t work with Collecta.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:54 pm

It is known the enthusiasm around CollectA horses, we checked it easily in our recent polls. Though, what's the interest of having a great sculptor like Deborah making realistic horses if they're manufactured with relatively low levels of quality? The light weight is not a problem at all, Bully horses are also light weight but they don't get deformed easily. I hope you can fix it:)

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:14 am

So sorry to hear that, Sylvia. I hope you can fix it.
But strange!  scratch  I don't have the white powder problem with my CollectA horses.
And about bending legs, from 2011 release, only the Lusitano have slightly forward bending hind legs. The Andalusian, TWH, Arabian, and Thoroughbred don't. From 2012, the Mustang and Quarter have the same problem. From 2013, the Przewalski and Akhal-Teke. Other than that, all are fine. And the foals are fine, too.
I put them in a glass cabinet. No direct sunlight, but the room is quite light in the day that it doesn't need a lamp in the day.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 8:46 am

Ohhh, I am so sorry to hear it, Silvia  Sad 

I also tried to fix my Sct. Bernard without success , so it is not only CollectA  scratch 

I wished some expert in plastic could advice  Crying or Very sad 

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 7:02 am

That is really terrible Silvia. I hope you do post some pictures, of both the power-like effect and the bended limbs. I only have three or four CollectA horses, but at least one, maybe two don't stand correctly anymore. My CollectA Female Sable also stopped standing: her legs have slowed distorted and bent under the weight of the model. (It's also away from heat, sunlight, cold, humidity, in a glass case.) And strangely, the ear on my CollectA Maned Wolf broke off! Totally bizarre. I bought a new one, but I'm still confused how that happened. I'm worried that plastic is poor quality.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 8:48 am

This is HORRIBLE  Shocked 

I feel so sorry for the collectors, but I also feel very sorry for the responsible people at CollectA .

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:47 am

That's terrrible, but some of my Coollecta's also don't stand right and fall every time down. And the most of them smell and have small black spots

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 11:27 am

Now I really hesitate to buy any CollectA animals again o.0
It is like the plastic is dissolving or something?!

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 1:52 am

arafan wrote:
That's terrrible, but some of my Coollecta's also don't stand right and fall every time down. And the most of them smell and have small black spots

Smell and have small black spots? Strange! Some of my CollectA horses have bending legs. But all my CollectA don't smell and don't have small black spots.

Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am

donny ong wrote:
arafan wrote:

Smell and have small black spots? Strange! Some of my CollectA horses have bending legs. But all my CollectA don't smell and don't have small black spots.

Yes, for me it's very strange too. The plastic smells so much that my whole bedroom smell like that, I have put them now two days outside but it don't go away. At the moment I can't post pictures but I will post soon one that you can see what I mein, die je this isn't a problem because they are really very small.

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:31 am

arafan wrote:
donny ong wrote:
arafan wrote:

Yes, for me it's very strange too. The plastic smells so much that my whole bedroom smell like that, I have put them now two days outside but it don't go away. At the moment I can't post pictures but I will post soon one that you can see what I mein, die je this isn't a problem because they are really very small.

Can you specify what figurines that smell? I just remembered, the mute swan had a strange smell, but the smell went away after a few weeks. That's the only figurine that smells. Perhaps the old ones have strange smell.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 2:45 am

This is upsetting to read. CollectA is one of the brands that I need to "catch up" on and its irritating to hear that they have good quality in sculpting but that is basically rendered useless if the very material is poor. Has anyone wrote to them about this? It could be the material, climate that may adversely affect it etc. I would hope that they fix the problem soon...  Crying or Very sad 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 6:40 am

donny ong wrote:
arafan wrote:
donny ong wrote:
arafan wrote:

Can you specify what figurines that smell? I just remembered, the mute swan had a strange smell, but the smell went away after a few weeks. That's the only figurine that smells. Perhaps the old ones have strange smell.

It smells like a strange plastic, maybe do you think now that this is normaly but I never has that before.

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:22 am

arafan wrote:
donny ong wrote:
arafan wrote:
donny ong wrote:
arafan wrote:

It smells like a strange plastic, maybe do you think now that this is normaly but I never has that before.

Could you tell which of your figurines that smell?

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:54 am

affraid affraid affraid 

NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 11:29 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
This is upsetting to read. CollectA is one of the brands that I need to "catch up" on and its irritating to hear that they have good quality in sculpting but that is basically rendered useless if the very material is poor. Has anyone wrote to them about this? It could be the material, climate that may adversely affect it etc. I would hope that they fix the problem soon...  Crying or Very sad 

Me too, I have 3 animals from CollectA, all in good condition, no smell or something like that. But my WL is almost 40% CollectA, and I don't want to buy anything till this problem is solved... Hope people will note CollectA about this.  bounce 

arafan

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 12:10 pm

I think all of them only some a little more and others not so much the pilot whale, narwhale and sea lions are the extremely ones, walruss and calf, river hoog, manatee and hyena are now better, but only the animals who have problems with the legs aren't smell(wildbeest, saola, blackbuck, oryx and cheetah).
I'm very sad because I love these figures but now I need to order all anothertime. Sad

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 2:23 pm

I hope CollectA fixes something soon!  Shocked I have six CollectAs, all horses, and none of them show any problems yet, and hopefully will not. Only one is the super bendy material, the chestnut Arabian.

Last edited by Animal_Figures_4U on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses   White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses Empty

Back to top Go down

White powder and a bit more about my Collecta horses
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next