Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)

Go down 
+23
Taos
NandO
ken yeo
signatus
JonasV
SyLoBe
Elros Alvar
Bloodrayne
Fisva
Geospiza fortis
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Florian
Bonobo
NightLioness
Noémi
Ana
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
widukind
LeeAnn
A-J
Carola
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) Empty
PostSubject: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi all  sunny 

I've seen so many great beautiful homemade models from STS members, so I decided to try it out myself  Rolling Eyes 

Ofcourse I had to make a Draft Horse of some sort. This one I got inspiration from Ardennais Draft and Brabant Draft horses.

He is not perfect, and there are big problems with the length of legs, and the paintwork is... well - I have learned a lot for my next sculpture  Rolling Eyes 

But I thought he was ok for a first timer, so I decided to show you  Embarassed Very Happy My Little Ardennais

Making of:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He is made of Fimo Clay.

Finished:

More photos below ---

Last edited by Carola on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 7:35 pm

He is not very big - here with Schleich Princess and a Breyer Stablemate  Very Happy

With Friesian Stablemate  Smile

Surprised

Last edited by Carola on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 7:44 pm

Aw  I love you He's a very lovely drafter and very good for a first time sculpture!
I love the active pose cheers

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 7:52 pm

WOW! Shocked He's amazing! So much detail packed into a little model! Very Happy For sure, if he was made by a brand I would buy him in an instant!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 7:57 pm

Very nice horse!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:05 pm

Carola, I know well that you have talent, - but so far have only seen it "2-dimentional". Very Happy 

But this tiny horse is absolutely WONDERFUL  cheers  Applause 

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
......For sure, if he was made by a brand I would buy him in an instant!

Me too  bounce bounce cheers 

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:16 pm

He's lovely, he has a wonderful expression in his face.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:37 pm

Lovely work Carola! I like the intensive colours and his delicate pose! Very Happy Congratulations!!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Noémi

Noémi

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:42 pm

Wonderful sculpture!
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:47 pm

Look at that sweet face <3 Very nice done Carola, congrats Very Happy

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Wow, This is really your first (!) model Shocked 
Not perfekt, but very well done, with all these details, e.g. the muscles at the neck Shocked Applause cheers 
And it is also a great painting Applause Smile 

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:19 pm

WOW. REALLY NICE FIGURE. This work is fabulous. Congrats Carola Cool Cool sunny cheers 

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Carola, that's the news of the day! Very Happy
Knowing your talent and accurate aestetic sense, to start sculpting only could be a logical consequence. Very Happy
Your figure is already very good and show that you really like heavy horses. It seems you choosed the proeminent shoulders and hind quarters of a Belgian and the powerful and featered legs of an Ardennais. Very Happy A very strong neck and an Italian draft head profile, maybe! Wink
The pose is quite hard for someone that is starting once it doesn't turn easy to check the proportions of body/legs length. The coloring shows you really wanted a draft and not a specific breed and it turned really nice. Very Happy
I think you should continue sculpting, the Britains size is a very good idea and maybe next time you can try to get a specific breed but in a simple standing pose, I think it could be a good chalenge. Why not a Dutch heavy draft??? Idea
That's exciting, just keep your good work! flower

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:21 am

He's perfect, I love him. Great job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 am

Wonderful horse! I can't believe its your first one!
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 7:40 am

Thank you all very much for your kind words, A-J, 4U, Andreas, Susanne, Harriet, Anna, Bacardi King, Karin, Bonobo, Florian, Roger, Saarloos, Geospiza Fortis - he'll be happy to hear them  Very Happy 

Roger wrote:

I think you should continue sculpting, the Britains size is a very good idea and maybe next time you can try to get a specific breed but in a simple standing pose, I think it could be a good chalenge. Why not a Dutch heavy draft??? Idea

Thank you, I do intend to try again  Very Happy Sculpting is fun, but also very hard work, for me at least  Razz I was thinking of a bit bigger model next time though. Maybe Schleich size. And like you say, in a less challenging pose.
I think maybe I need more practice if to make really specific breeds.

Geospiza fortis wrote:
Wonderful horse! I can't believe its your first one!

I've tried to make some human busts years ago. But they are long gone history. This is my first time trying to sculpt someting fullbody/animal.  Very Happy I have also tried sculpting a horse in Zbrush(3D program) very recently, but I dare say, that is somehow quite different, and a lot easier than realworld sculpting.

Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 8:29 am

Beautiful sculpture!
My first one looked like this:
So I don't think you should complain about yours  Laughing Laughing It is splendid! You did a great job!

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:11 pm

Fisva wrote:
Beautiful sculpture!
My first one looked like this:
So I don't think you should complain about yours  Laughing Laughing It is splendid! You did a great job!

Thank you Agata Embarassed cheers 

Awr, that is a very cute model! I don't know the specie though  bounce as I do not know much of horned creatures  silent You have also added great fur texture, that is very neat  Very Happy You did also good for a first timer, and indeed I see improvement a lot in your newer models, but will not make the first ones any less valuable  Very Happy 

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Carola,
you make sculpting look so easy.
Please stop doing that.  lol! 

What a fantasic, beautiful horse you've crafted.
For you first sculpture of a draft horse, I'm totally flabbergasted by your talent.

*picks up jaw from the floor*

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 6:07 pm

I love it!!!  I love you I love you  Wonderful work  cheers cheers 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125764988@N04/
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Thank you very much Simone  cheers I think not, that sculpting is easy. I spend hours and hours on just that little fellow  pale Very Happy 

Thank you Alvar  sunny I'm happy you like him.

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 10:10 pm

It´s beautiful! Very Happy Very Happy

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 10:43 pm

[quote="Carola"]

Roger wrote:

Thank you, I do intend to try again  Very Happy Sculpting is fun, but also very hard work, for me at least  Razz I was thinking of a bit bigger model next time though. Maybe Schleich size. And like you say, in a less challenging pose.
I think maybe I need more practice if to make really specific breeds.
(/quote]

Looking forward to see it, Schleich size is surely also a good idea though I think it is more interesting if you try to make a specific breed instead of a kind of horse. I understand it could be much more exigent but now it is too late to stop. Very Happy
P. S. I am a proud owner of Agata's takin and it is a wonderful figure even knowing that Agata is doing better now. flower

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am

She's stunning! Congratulations, Carola! You are very talented! If this one is your first sculpting...!?? Shocked 
I love it! Really nice paint job and those eyes.. I love you 

I'm a dead man.

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
signatus

signatus

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Wonderfull little strong horse. I love it !!Congratulations Carola !! Very Happy sunny 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next