Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!

Go down 
+5
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
widukind
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:51 am

Hi, friends,

It is on purpose that I place this here, and not on "Buying online", because it may be quite important for collectors.

Yesterday I got an unpleasant surprise.
One of the most popular ( untill now) net-auctions in Denmark has suddenly introduced at "winner's fee" of 5 DKK ( app 0,70 Euros, 1 dollar) on any auction won !!!!
If it works for them, they could rip the buyers of about half a billion DKK a year  Suspect 

Is this done in other countries also ?
I am going to make a real fuss about this, so it would be nice to know  scratch 

For us collectors this is a lot of percent  Mad 
Imagine if Ebay got the same "smart idea" ? affraid

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:03 am

Crap, don't they charge the seller too?

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:07 am

Yes !
The sellers pay 8 % of the sales price, + 2 DKK for start of an auction + 2 DKK for each time it is repeated.

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:28 am

Oh, they forgot to add fees for registration and every opening of their web page  Evil or Very Mad 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:46 am

I understand you but for not collectors this is only a buisness and that want money. I hope this idea have no success but i am not sure

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:45 am

Do you know other auction places that charge the BUYER ?  Shocked 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 12:46 pm

affraid affraid affraid That is ridiculous! How stupid!  Mad Oh, I hope they reconsider. I don't know of any auction site that charges the BUYER, and there doesn't need to be! How do they expect anyone to buy anything if you have to pay an additional fee!  Shocked exclamation 

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:02 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Oh, they forgot to add fees for registration and every opening of their web page  Evil or Very Mad 

Yes, we must also pay for that honour   Rolling Eyes  Laughing 

widukind wrote:
I understand you but for not collectors this is only a buisness and that want money. I hope this idea have no success but i am not sure

Yes, but they do it without making it clear. It should say so with HUGE letters BEFORE we bid . I am sure they would not make any money at all then !!! Evil or Very Mad 

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
affraid affraid affraid That is ridiculous! How stupid!  Mad Oh, I hope they reconsider. I don't know of any auction site that charges the BUYER, and there doesn't need to be! How do they expect anyone to buy anything if you have to pay an additional fee!  Shocked exclamation 

Thankyou, 4U. I am happy it is not only me who have never heard of such a thing before  Wink 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 2:09 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
affraid affraid affraid That is ridiculous! How stupid! Mad Oh, I hope they reconsider. I don't know of any auction site that charges the BUYER, and there doesn't need to be! How do they expect anyone to buy anything if you have to pay an additional fee! Shocked exclamation

Thankyou, 4U. I am happy it is not only me who have never heard of such a thing before Wink

No, you're not alone. The only thing I've ever heard of with a fee to the buyer are those websites were you have to pay per bid, another stupid idea that I ignore completely. Why would you want to pay per bid, and likely not even win the item anyway? You could pay the value of the item and not even win anything.  Mad  I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's such a shame some companies need to take such advantage of their customers. I understand they need to make money, but sometimes (most? Rolling Eyes ) it's just taking it too far.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:22 pm

I agree, why charge the buyer? All that will do is get people to stop buying from them. I think they're taking the profit thing a tad to far.  Rolling Eyes 

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 5:06 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

I think yes, but i am not sure. It is a japanese auctions place and there you pay for everything, so i t nk also for that

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:35 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Hi, friends,

It is on purpose that I place this here, and not on "Buying online", because it may be quite important for collectors.

Yesterday I got an unpleasant surprise.
One of the most popular ( untill now) net-auctions in Denmark has suddenly introduced at "winner's fee" of 5 DKK ( app 0,70 Euros, 1 dollar) on any auction won !!!!
If it works for them, they could rip the buyers of about half a billion DKK a year  Suspect 

Is this done in other countries also ?
I am going to make a real fuss about this, so it would be nice to know  scratch 

For us collectors this is a lot of percent  Mad 
Imagine if Ebay got the same "smart idea" ? affraid

Susanne, I believe that in its own way, eBay has been doing exactly this for some time now with transaction payments which require foreign currency exchange. eBay purchased Paypal in October 2002, and if you pay for an auction/sale item in a currency other than your own, you have to satisfy the 2.5 % exchange rate 'buffer' that is charged to the payer. In addition, the seller also pays the usual eBay fees. If you are lucky enough to be a resident of the EU and not based in the UK, then I believe you can simply avoid this by making payments via bank account wire transfers to EU seller accounts.

As you have probably noticed, eBay.de and others have made a big effort in the past to promote the use of Paypal to German users... Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:36 am

widukind wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I think yes, but i am not sure. It is a japanese auctions place and there you pay for everything, so i t nk also for that

Andreas, are you referring to Jauce or another service...?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:32 pm

schleich61 wrote:
widukind wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

A other

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 10:43 pm

Some empires died from excessive ambition. Sad
How does it works? Supposing I want to buy a postcard of 0,25 cents, I have to pay an extra fee more postages to get such a little value thing? Probably more transaction fees or Paypal fees? That's ridiculous and risky to these websites once it can start a big uninterest in them.
Fortunately, in Portugal, there are some auction websites and none charges the buyer. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:13 am

Roger wrote:
Some empires died from excessive ambition. Sad

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil cheers 

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:23 am

It is ridiculous! I never know such a thing!  Shocked 

Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:33 pm

schleich61 wrote:
widukind wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I think it is not the same fee as in the case of Jauce. Jauce lets You bid Japanese auctions when You have no bank account in Japanese bank and no account on Japanese Yahoo portal. If You have these accounts, You can bid directly the auctions on Japanese Yahoo without paying any additional fee for auctions You win.
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 2:01 am

jarda wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
widukind wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I think it is not the same fee as in the case of Jauce. Jauce lets You bid Japanese auctions when You have no bank account in Japanese bank and no account on Japanese Yahoo portal. If You have these accounts, You can bid directly the auctions on Japanese Yahoo without paying any additional fee for auctions You win.

Yes, thanks, I've checked out Jauce before, out of curiosity. One used to be able to use Yahoo sign-in on Japanese Yahoo, but I don't know if that is still the case. Of course, without a Japanese bank account, one would not be able to effect payment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!    Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Extra fee for winning net auctions !!!!
Page 1 of 1