Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings

Go down 
+3
Taos
widukind
DaveScriv
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings Empty
PostSubject: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:20 pm

This is another of my favourite sets of old farm buildings. I have no idea who, where or when 'ARCO' was, only that all except one of the items in the photos have paper labels underneath, 'ARCO Models' or 'ARCO Toys' + 'British manufacture'
My main item is a wonderful farmyard on a folding base for compact storage, with all buildings permanently attached, although the trees are removable for folded storage.
I also have some of the buildings made as separate items (I'm guessing they all were made/sold separately), a folding field, and a small garden/paddock (this item not labelled).

First, a few photos of the big farm:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by DaveScriv on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Interesting stuff again!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Now for the hen house, stable and pig sty as separate items.
I know the barn also exists separately, but it was too expensive for me to buy when it appeared on eBay.

Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:39 pm

Now for the last two items, a folding field, unfortunately with pond edge missing, and a smaller enclosure/paddock/garden.

That's all folks.

Last edited by DaveScriv on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:43 pm

Some great and wonderful oldies there! Applause Applause Applause 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Absolutely fabulous  cheers  I can't stop scrolling up and down to try to take in all the detail and the wonderful old fashioned Bristish out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere charm  Applause Applause 

I am so happy to see your farms. I have a few Danish "Bondegård" farms, but thought about giving them to a red cross shop...now I am not sure if I should not keep them, because I really love them  scratch 

DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Absolutely fabulous  cheers  I can't stop scrolling up and down to try to take in all the detail and the wonderful old fashioned Bristish out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere charm  Applause Applause 

I am so happy to see your farms. I have a few Danish "Bondegård" farms, but thought about giving them to a red cross shop...now I am not sure if I should not keep them, because I really love them  scratch 

Keep them.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:41 pm

DaveScriv wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Keep them.

Laughing Laughing I think I will, then ...there is still room for my bed and my chair in the house  tongue Laughing 

DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:56 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
DaveScriv wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Keep them.

Laughing Laughing I think I will, then ...there is still room for my bed and my chair in the house  tongue Laughing 

Room for a bed and a chair? Luxury! When I was a lad....

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Wow, these toys are brilliant! I've never seen farmyard model folded like this one before. Quite incredible piece! Congratulations Dave! cheers

And this video, it's wonderful!!!!  lol! 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyTue May 06, 2014 1:33 pm

It seems ARCO made zoo buildings as well.
These two just arrived today (photos by the seller)

Half round monkey/ape cage, front view:

Rear view, showing hinged flap door for play access:

ARCO house & enclosure, which I'm guessing was intended for an antelope, deer, llama or zebra:

So, now I know ARCO did a zoo range I begin to speculate what else was in it. If it was similar to their farmyards & buildings range, then there were probably at least another four items, made & sold as individual items and in various combinations on various sized base boards as complete zoos.

What might the other four(?) zoo buildings be? Possibilities include:
Large pool enclosure for polar bears or seals/sea lions/walruses
Small pool enclosure for flamingos/pelicans/penguins/storks
Large building/enclosure for elephants, hippos or rhinos etc.
Large cage building or rock pit type enclosure for lions, tigers or brown bears etc.

As the ARCO people probably had London Zoo in mind, there may have been a mountain type enclosure, to represent the famous 'Mappin Terraces'
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyTue May 06, 2014 5:14 pm

Nice again!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptyTue May 06, 2014 5:31 pm

Yes! Great stuff Surprised cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 9:13 pm

Shame the images have disappeared.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings   ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings Empty

Back to top Go down

ARCO vintage UK farmyard & farm buildings
Page 1 of 1