Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

made in China figurines thread

Go down 
+5
Tarunyada
SUSANNE
Bowhead Whale
QuollMate
widukind
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

made in China figurines thread Empty
PostSubject: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:26 pm

I know and also found in the treasure chest any very nice models only marked with made in China. Now i am curious to know if you also know or have any experiences with beautieful figurines by made in china. I dont mean Nayab or other known brands, really unknown chinese makers. For me especially interesting are the species. So i know only unknown chinese figurines of a bonnethead shark or a long-beaked echidna. You know also a few examples?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Honestly, I think these are beautiful and a lovely little treat. Bought them within 10 minutes of discovering them on almighty eBay.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Believe it or not, but I do own a Bowhead Whale just marked "Made In China"... It is hollow and about six inches long.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:53 pm

What a fine whale cheers

Laughing Of course you have a China-Bowhead whale ! Thankyou for sharing Applause Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:55 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
What a fine whale cheers

Laughing Of course you have a China-Bowhead whale ! Thankyou for sharing Applause Very Happy

Thank you! Yet I remember having paid lots of $$$ in shipping for this one.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 10:54 pm

One day we will find who manufactured that whale. If we keep a strong community with full of people like you, avid of sharing information about his collection, I am sure we all together will find a completely new univers of figurines. I'll add it to TAI, bowhead whales page deserves more members. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 7:09 am

A very interesting whale :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:06 pm

What a gorgeous figurine, thanks for sharing! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Roger wrote:
One day we will find who manufactured that whale. If we keep a strong community with full of people like you, avid of sharing information about his collection, I am sure we all together will find a completely new univers of figurines. I'll add it to TAI, bowhead whales page deserves more members. Very Happy

We have a clue: underneath it, the whale has a "6" or a "9", besides its marks. This means this piece probably was a part of a set.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:50 pm

I will take profit of the occasion to show you unmarked animals that I have: two Macrauchenias and two Uintatheriums. I know they were part of some prehistory set, but... which set? Can anyone help me identify the brand that made them, please?
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 pm

Woooah I think I have exactly the same figurines Shocked But I can't remember how I got them, and I'm not sure if I have others from the series.. I'll have a look as soon as I can, but I can't help you out with the brand; sorry!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 7:02 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
Woooah I think I have exactly the same figurines Shocked But I can't remember how I got them, and I'm not sure if I have others from the series.. I'll have a look as soon as I can, but I can't help you out with the brand; sorry!

I remember the set included a diplodocus-like dinosaur, an Allosaurus-like dinosaur, and a Stegosaurus, if I recall it well. But I saw them here and there: those animals I'm showing, I found them in flea markets and yard sales.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

I will take profit of the occasion to show you unmarked animals that I have: two Macrauchenias and two Uintatheriums. I know they were part of some prehistory set, but... which set? Can anyone help me identify the brand that made them, please?

These are made by JaRu. Most of their dinos were Marx or MPC knock offs,, but these two were entirely original (as was their Pteranodon).

Of course, half of the set was nonsense monsters that later inspired most of the iconic D&D Monsters in the 70s).

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 4:35 am

Your whale is a very good reason why i started this topic :)

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:46 pm

I have more: look at this Made In China rubber Scarlet Kingsnake I had for a nickel in a yard sale.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 11:37 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

I have more: look at this Made In China rubber Scarlet Kingsnake I had for a nickel in a yard sale.

My son had (has?) the exact same one, but it was tagged as a Wild Republic toy.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 1:55 am

I think Sean is right, it seems to be one of the 4 foot rubber snakes we can see on last pages of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 7:37 pm

Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't know! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 10:46 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't know! Embarassed

You don't have to feel sorry, Bowhead. We are here to help each others. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 7:09 pm

Here are two more figures that I have that are just marked "Made In China": a Musk Ox and a large Gecko Tokai.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 7:13 pm

Here are "Made In China" insects that I have. From top to bottom: female wild Cricket (one of her antennas is unfortunately broken), European Rhino Beetle and Ant.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 7:16 pm

And here are two more that seem to be from the same set: male Stag Beetle and Japanese Rhino Beetle.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 7:34 pm

the Musk Ox was a late add-on to the Chick Yuet prehistoric mammal set (Synthetoceras, Woolly rhino, Smilodon, Mammoth, Hyaenodon, Entelodont).

So--the brand is Chick Yuet. A Chinese plastics company that went out of business around 2009.

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 7:50 pm

sbell wrote:
the Musk Ox was a late add-on to the Chick Yuet prehistoric mammal set (Synthetoceras, Woolly rhino, Smilodon, Mammoth, Hyaenodon, Entelodont).

So--the brand is Chick Yuet. A Chinese plastics company that went out of business around 2009.

I recognize the mold indeed... but what about the unusual yellow coloring?
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 8:03 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
sbell wrote:

I recognize the mold indeed... but what about the unusual yellow coloring?

They weren't always great with colouring. It is very possible that another company got hold of the molds.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread Empty

Back to top Go down

made in China figurines thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next