Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

made in China figurines thread

Go down 
+5
Tarunyada
SUSANNE
Bowhead Whale
QuollMate
widukind
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

made in China figurines thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 10:08 pm

sbell wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
sbell wrote:
the Musk Ox was a late add-on to the Chick Yuet prehistoric mammal set (Synthetoceras, Woolly rhino, Smilodon, Mammoth, Hyaenodon, Entelodont).

So--the brand is Chick Yuet. A Chinese plastics company that went out of business around 2009.

I recognize the mold indeed... but what about the unusual yellow coloring?

They weren't always great with colouring. It is very possible that another company got hold of the molds.

Anyway, I'd love to get my hands on the Synthetoceras, someday...
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 10:12 pm

Unfortunately, I have one now, and I'm pretty attached! I remember cleaning out a couple of stores of the whole set when I found it, but that was many years ago.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 8:46 am

sbell wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
sbell wrote:
the Musk Ox was a late add-on to the Chick Yuet prehistoric mammal set (Synthetoceras, Woolly rhino, Smilodon, Mammoth, Hyaenodon, Entelodont).

So--the brand is Chick Yuet. A Chinese plastics company that went out of business around 2009.

I recognize the mold indeed... but what about the unusual yellow coloring?

They weren't always great with colouring. It is very possible that another company got hold of the molds.

Nayab made this one in several size.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 9:42 pm

What about te insects I am showing? Anybody has to say something about them?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:28 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
What about te insects I am showing? Anybody has to say something about them?

I dont prefer insects :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 1:23 pm

Maybe only Blaine knows your insects, though, if he calls them Chinabugs it means their brand is not known. Laughing
I think they look nice with interesting species but I also have no idea what they are. scratch

widukind

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 5:15 pm

Roger wrote:
Maybe only Blaine knows your insects, though, if he calls them Chinabugs it means their brand is not known. Laughing
I think they look nice with interesting species but I also have no idea what they are. scratch

Blaine is bmathison :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Roger wrote:

I mention the species underneath each group.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 2:08 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

Sorry, I explained myself not in a very correct way. I know which species are once you mentioned them. What I don't know is the brand. :)

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 3:19 am

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

Sorry, I explained myself not in a very correct way. I know which species are once you mentioned them. What I don't know is the brand. :)

I don't know their brand either. This is why I posted them in the Made In China topic.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:00 pm

Anyway, Roger, will you put my Chick Yuet Musk Ox on TAI?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 3:03 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Valerie, I can't put it. You wanted me to upload the Arctic wolf and I needed to decide which one to put, I can't upload them together as you know. affraid Wink
Just being pathetic, your blond muskox is already on TAI. Some of your AAA will probably not be uploaded by me once Julie and Susanne are working on AAA section and it is an exigent section, if many editors work at the same time, it will get confuse once we haven't found yet a good formulation. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 6:54 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Valerie, I can't put it. You wanted me to upload the Arctic wolf and I needed to decide which one to put, I can't upload them together as you know. affraid Wink
Just being pathetic, your blond muskox is already on TAI. Some of your AAA will probably not be uploaded by me once Julie and Susanne are working on AAA section and it is an exigent section, if many editors work at the same time, it will get confuse once we haven't found yet a good formulation. Very Happy

I see. I'm sorry, I did not know the confusion it was creating.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:41 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

I see. I'm sorry, I did not know the confusion it was creating.

There's no confusion yet but we don't mind. More information is very appreciated. We all will manage a way to display everything at the wiki.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Here is my Made in China Sailfish. I found it in the local flea market.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 8:54 pm

And here is my Made in China Mata-Mata turtle.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:31 am

Nice, the fish i have too :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 11:21 am

One more wonderful turtle !!! And Sailfish are such magnificent creatures cheers

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:21 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
One more wonderful turtle !!! And Sailfish are such magnificent creatures cheers

I found both of them in the local flea market. Cool
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 1:57 am

We have a method to add figures on TAi whose brand is not known but I will save this topic in my bookmarks before adding them. So, don't be surprised if you don't see them on TAi during next days. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 8:44 pm

Alright. In the meantime, here are Made In China Camarasaurus and Allosaurus that seem to be from the same line:
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 8:46 pm

And here is a Made in China Elasmosaurus I found in 1993:
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 9:46 pm

And a Made In China Tsintaosaurus I found in a thrift store last year.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:45 am

Surprising to see a unbranded elasmosaurus with a correct neck and some species are really unexpected for unbranded figures. :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 9:23 am

There are a lot of interesting chinese figurines :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: made in China figurines thread   made in China figurines thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

made in China figurines thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next