Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Label or without label

Go down 
+12
Drachenherzen
schleich61
Tarunyada
orcagirl26
NightLioness
sauroid
AlienMantis
Saarlooswolfhound
AlopexLagopus
widukind
LeeAnn
persefone
16 posters
AuthorMessage
persefone

Country/State : Spain

Label or without label Empty
PostSubject: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:44 pm

Sorry if this topic is already opened.

Everytime I bought a new horse I have the same doubt: should I put away the label or should I leave it? From few years ago to this 2014 I always put it away because I though horses look like more real. I have just one horse with its label: Satchmo special edition.

But I don't know why nowadays I prefer to leave it... I think now horses conserve their ''essence'' as a collection model and also maybe in few years this brand will change it label and I would have some diferent models with diferent labels

So.... what do you prefer? label or without label?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:10 pm

I keep the tags off as it leaves nasty residue and can discolor your model. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Without label, absolutly:)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 7:32 pm

label hides the model Razz So ususally I remove it.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Same here, I would remove it because the tag can be distracting and also depending on how its attached it can damage the model.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 7:52 pm

I have a separate album for tags :)

sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:13 pm

i usually remove labels/tags. but i dont throw them away.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:18 pm

I remove the labels. The small labels with only the name, I trow them away.
Tags with more info about the animal, I keep.

I don't think the small labels contribute to the worth of the model.
Somebody can easily take one small label and but it on a older model and say: Look, original WITH label >.<

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:31 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
I keep the tags off as it leaves nasty residue and can discolor your model. Very Happy

I agree and with the newer Schleich sea animals the residue is even harder to get off. That's probably because of the newer waxy-plastic they're made from.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:39 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

I agree and with the newer Schleich sea animals the residue is even harder to get off. That's probably because of the newer waxy-plastic they're made from.

That's for sure. I never did get all the residue off my new sea life models. The new orca was the worst.  Sad 

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:45 pm

I always remove the labels, but I always keep them. There are many wandering Schleich-S labels through my house Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:04 pm

I never remove the labels, but that is just my personal preference... Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
persefone

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Without doubts I'm going to remove them

Thanks ^^
Back to top Go down
Drachenherzen

Drachenherzen

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptyFri May 19, 2017 3:15 pm

I hope, it is ok, if I post in such an old thread>_<°
Personally I would remove the tags, too. But when you decide to resell a model, especially it is an older or `more valuable` ones, some collectors would pay more, if it still has its Label.
Or am I wrong???
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptyFri May 19, 2017 9:54 pm

No need to apologize Very Happy Bringing up old topics allows us to revisit Wink

Honestly, I haven't seen much of a price difference in resale value of models with tags versus those without. Besides, resale values have plummeted in these last few years, so I really don't think today's models are going to be worth much down the road anyway. Having the tag will make little to no difference in time IMHO.

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Labels: to Keep or not to Keep?    Label or without label EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 10:22 am

Do you guys keep the little labels that come with your animal figurines? Particularly the ones that the likes of Schleich, Papo and CollectA along with many others put usually around the leg of their models?
I personally don't, as I think it distracts from the model itself, and I catalogue and record the information about the model myself anyway but what about you guys? I'm curious to know, do you keep the labels on the figures? Put them on a separate box? Or discard?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 12:35 pm

This topic has been discussed for a long time on forum and I merged your question with one of the various topics about it. I tend to remove the tags of my figures. I think they do not contribute to their look. We choose a realistic figure to display and than the tag ruins the effect. Though, I really preserve a few tags, some I remove and store and some I don't even remove but that's the minority.
If you intend at some point to sell your figures, keeping the tag contributes to its value. Some collectors also keep the tag for its collecting interest, they change sometimes, they represent a certain era of a brand and they also bring some information which might have some collecting interest.

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 1:13 pm

Hi Roger, yes I assumed most people wouldn't keep them on and if they did ever wish to sell would store the tag etc.
Personally, I've never felt it added any value aesthetically to the figures so I prefer them off.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 1:35 pm

Drachenherzen wrote:
I hope, it is ok, if I post in such an old thread>_<°
Personally I would remove the tags, too. But when you decide to resell a model, especially it is an older or `more valuable` ones, some collectors would pay more, if it still has its Label.
Or am I wrong???
Drachenerzen, I too always assumed if you sold a model without the label the value went down. But the trouble with me is, I never know if I'm going to sell a model at a later date etc. I guess that might be the trouble with most people.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 2:18 pm

I never leave the tag on my models. Especially the schleich tags with this glue ( which bullyland and at least older safari ltd models have as well) I try to remove as quickly as possible and mostly I have to wash them afterwards to be sure that nothing is left from it. As I don't plan on selling my collection I also don't see the purpose of keeping my models with their tags. For me they have more of a personal value than a materialistic one and therefore they don't need anything on their feet or tales that would make them more valuable to others. And sometimes tags simply disturb ( for example when the tag is around the neck of a model).
But I do keep most of the tags because they have some kind of historical value. I keep all my bullyland tags (As at least the newer ones have the information where the model was produced on it), all safari and collectA tags just as all Papo ones. For schleich tags I have kind of a system. I try to collect all the colours from one tag variation (except for the ones with the blue dot, because I don't collect figures from this range). And as schleich released a new tag variation last year, I am now trying to collect all the different tags with this design (except for the blue of course). I try to get rid from schleich tag doubles but I do have quite the trouble now to throw away the ones with the old (and much better) logo so they are mostly lying somewhere in my room...
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 2:21 pm

I see, and yes, I agree Katy, I find the new labels can leave a horrid slimy feel, which collects dust and dirt if you don't wash it off.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 2:34 pm

Keeping the label has one main function: if you want to sell the figures in the future, their value will be significantly higher. The same goes for keeping the figures in a translucent blister.
Secondly, keeping the label can be a collector's “fetish”, like keeping the figure intact. On the other hand, if you want the figures to display them on a shelf or showcase or to make dioramas and photographs, it is more practical to remove it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Label or without label   Label or without label Empty

Back to top Go down

Label or without label
Page 1 of 1