Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]

Go down 
+41
lucky luke
WhiteLightning Wolf
FluffySlipers
Drakulka
Saarlooswolfhound
Saien
hawkins_zh
Dum_my
pipsxlch
sauroid
widukind
Roger
LeeAnn
Tarunyada
NightLioness
weaselfan93
TheLastStardust
Oryx7557
landrover
Wilorvise
SUSANNE
Night Elf
Tiermann
costicuba
jarda
A-J
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
ken yeo
Ana
orcagirl26
signatus
Kikimalou
Elros Alvar
koniminiatures
HKHollinstone
arafan
Florian
Carola
ulinuk
JonasV
AlopexLagopus
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 12:43 pm

Roger wrote:
If there is a Schleich figure that I like a lot is that armadillo. This is a really excellent piece! Very Happy
Your hunt for manatees and dugongs is showing us some interesting things like this Animal Planet play set and it also remembers me about one Play Set I'd love to own. The Animal Planet Merkat Manor play set but it is now rare and maybe in future better days will allow me to hunt for it. bounce Very Happy

Thanks, Roger Very Happy And great set for your wishlist. I've seen it on the internet a few times (not on eBay, just Google Images, I think). Aren't these Chap Mei molds? I always thought they were sold as Chap Mei, but good to know they're sold as Animal Planet. I'll keep an eye out for you Wink I have the two different meerkats from this set, but I think they're actually cheap knock-offs.

weaselfan93 wrote:
Julie, those are excellent additions. I have that nine-banded armadillo by Schleich. its nice and rare. it reminds me of an armadillo character I created for my novels named Dillard "Dill" Madillo. also congrats on the animal planet set! I hope you can find all sea cow replicas one day. Applause Very Happy

Thanks, Lance! The Schleich armadillo is indeed a really nice figurine.
And I hope to get all Sirenia one day as well! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 5:40 pm

[quote="Tarunyada"]
Roger wrote:
If there is a Schleich figure that I like a lot is that armadillo. This is a really excellent piece! Very Happy
Your hunt for manatees and dugongs is showing us some interesting things like this Animal Planet play set and it also remembers me about one Play Set I'd love to own. The Animal Planet Merkat Manor play set but it is now rare and maybe in future better days will allow me to hunt for it. bounce Very Happy

Thanks, Roger Very Happy And great set for your wishlist. I've seen it on the internet a few times (not on eBay, just Google Images, I think). Aren't these Chap Mei molds? I always thought they were sold as Chap Mei, but good to know they're sold as Animal Planet. I'll keep an eye out for you Wink I have the two different meerkats from this set, but I think they're actually cheap knock-offs.
(/quote]

Most part of Animal Planet play sets were composed of Chap Mei figures and I believe this set is not an exception. Sometimes we can find some differences between figures sold as Chap Mei and other sold as Animal Planet like non articulated parts or some little devices missing but they are always based in the same mould.
Laura, watching my comment, soon has found one of these meerkat sets being sold in EBAY USA and it was really not expensive, overseas postage was the problem or I'd probably get it. Thanks for your help. :)

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 5:40 pm

Congratulations Julie cheers

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 6:57 pm

Roger wrote:
Tarunyada wrote:
Roger wrote:

Most part of Animal Planet play sets were composed of Chap Mei figures and I believe this set is not an exception. Sometimes we can find some differences between figures sold as Chap Mei and other sold as Animal Planet like non articulated parts or some little devices missing but they are always based in the same mould.
Laura, watching my comment, soon has found one of these meerkat sets being sold in EBAY USA and it was really not expensive, overseas postage was the problem or I'd probably get it. Thanks for your help. :)

Thanks for the clarification! I really hope you'll get it one day Wink

costicuba wrote:
Congratulations Julie cheers

Thanks, Kosta Very Happy

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 12:14 am

Roger, do you need a US intermediary? I've done it before elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:21 am

pipsxlch wrote:

Roger, do you need a US intermediary? I've done it before elsewhere.

That is very kind from you but considering it is a play set, postage from you to me could result somewhat expensive. Though, I appreciate your help. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:33 am

Very interesting Animal Planet set. I think I see it first time. Congratulations Julie! :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Ana wrote:
Very interesting Animal Planet set. I think I see it first time. Congratulations Julie! :)

Thanks, Ana Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 10:41 pm

When I came home at my dad's house for the weekend I was so happy with all the parcels that had arrived! First of all, the Animal Planet Mini Kingdom set, which I had showed you earlier. Of course I took some better pictures now:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They are actually a bit bigger than I thought (not much; they aren't huge Razz). I have a size comparison photo coming up. But the set is lovely and I like the varity of species per series. First of all there's the manatee; how can't I love a Sirenia? It was because of the manatee that I bought this set! Than we have the slightly bigger meerkat. It looks less realistic than the others, because of his sort-of-mad eyes, but I think that's what's making him charming as well. And meerkats are funny animals, so I'm happy to add this one to my collection as well. Thirdly there's the river dolphin, which is such a mysterious species, and not much figurines are made of these beauties. Wonderful little figurine! Lastly there's the peacock, which is the least exciting species to me, but after all, the most impressive figurine of the set. All the others are completely flocked, while this peacock's tail feathers aren't flocked, while the body is. The effect is fantastic!

I know that most of you aren't collecting animals like these, but if you ever see one of these sets in real, just take a minute to look at them, because I think they are adorable little master pieces Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 11:00 pm

I was very delighted when I just arrived at home after my 3 hours journey when I saw a DHL car stopping in front of our house. The DHL lady handed me a package from the lovely Lisa Weise from Sandspielfiguren.de. It was the first time I ordered figurines there, but I must say, I'm definitely going to order more there in the future! Such a wonderful (and addictive  What a Face) site and sweet women! These figurines were included:

I ordered 4 lovely figurines. First the ALFI red fox, which is such a cute fox. I'm really happy that I could add this canid to my collection. Than there was this treasure, the Safari Ltd dodo. I was looking for it for quite a while, but could only find very expensive ones (or with inhumanely high shipping costs). What a wonderful bird! Of course I couldn't send an order without adding some Sirenia to my cart as well. First there's the Safari Ltd TOOB manatee calf from the Baby Sea Life TOOB. Such an adorable tiny fellow <3 And the second one is the Bullyland manatee calf, which made me decide to order at once, because only one was left in stock Embarassed I'm totally in love with this clumsy yet cute figurine. I really hope to find her parents one day as well! And if you've ordered at Sandspielfiguren.de before, you now for sure that Lisa Weise adds an extra. In my case it was this brand new Bullyland leopard shark!

And here's a size comparison including the Bullyland, Safari Ltd TOOB and Animal Planet Mini Kingdom manatees:

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 12:07 am

Great additions, I'm happy for you!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 7:42 am

Very nice additions again Julie, now you search for sirenas too?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 8:19 am

Congratulations, Julie cheers

Yes, Lisa is indeed an unusually kind and generous person.
Many of the models she sells for far less than she could easily charge, and she even includes little gifts ! Very Happy

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 10:08 am

Thanks Laura, Andreas and Susanne! cheers

widukind wrote:
(..) now you search for sirenas too?

Yes, Sirenias are on top of my wishlist now Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
Yes, Lisa is indeed an unusually kind and generous person.
Many of the models she sells for far less than she could easily charge, and she even includes little gifts ! Very Happy

I find it very exciting to find people like her in the business-world. I think her site is a total gem and I'm very happy I found it out, thanks to STS. I'm definitely going to order there more in the future. She has such unusual figurines for such nice prices!

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 10:42 am

Actually I wasn't finished with my additions Embarassed Yesterday I went to the city, visited some thrift stores and a whole new shop.

Thrift store finds

Lovely manatee tea infuser (Manatea!!) which I got from my mother

Mojö Fun red fox

BRB red fox

Size comparison Mojö Fun and BRB red fox

Schleich-S [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sitting lioness and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Western capercaillie

The thrift store finds are a duck that I'll repaint, 3 Albert Heijn WWF figurines, Bullyland Micro Mini dragon, Safari Ltd Good Luck Minis dragon, unknown spotted hyena, unknown frog and Kinder Surprise Egg Natoons reindeer baby.
The manatea is a lovely addition to my Sirenia collection. My mother bought it herself when she was in Florida, but now she found one in the Netherlands as well, and gave it to me Very Happy
I visited the V&D again, where they're selling Mojö Fun figurines now instead of Schleich-S (some locations, not all, unfortunately). It was really hard to pick a figurine, because they have lots I still want, but I decided to hold down a bit and only got the red fox, which I'm totally happy with <3
Then I went to another thrift store, where I got this huge BRB red fox. This is part of a TV series/children books series called David the Gnome. It was originally drawed by the Dutch artist Rien Poortvliet, but the original TV series is Spanish (David el Gnomo). I had my eyes on this fox for quite a long time, because I regularly found it on a Dutch auction site. But it was really expensive, and now I found it really cheap at a thrift store. Lucky me!!
Lastly the two wonderful Schleich-S treasures, which were completely new and still had their labels on! I found them in a shop I discovered last week, which is quite near to our place. Their site told me that they sold CollectA figurines, so I got really exciting, but when I got there, they only had 3 different figurines. They had mostly Schleich. That was a bit of a disappointment. But I cheared up when I saw these to and decided to give them a place in my collection!

That's it for now, I'm still expecting loads of parcels Very Happy Stay tuned!

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 2:12 pm

Very nice additions. Can't wait to see the rest.

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Thanks, Laura Very Happy I can't wait to receive it! cheers

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 3:51 pm

Again, you found real treasures! Very Happy The fox (Swift! Very Happy) is indeed very, very expensive. Anna and I came across one during or trip at Utrecht Collectors Fair. 70 euro for one fox if I remembered right XD
The idea of the Manatea is absolutely adorable! Very Happy

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Congratulations for all models on this page Julie :)
Great models !
The last addition look very nice too. This BRB red fox looks great. Very big, but lovely model.
You are realy lucky to find it :))

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Interesting new stuff Julie :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks Karin, Kosta and Andreas Smile

NightLioness wrote:
The fox (Swift! Very Happy) is indeed very, very expensive. Anna and I came across one during or trip at Utrecht Collectors Fair. 70 euro for one fox if I remembered right XD

Seriously, 70 euros?? Shocked I came across it a few times on Marktplaats (Dutch auction site) for over 25 euros, which I already thought was expensive. Well, I paid 30 cents for it :')

Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated September 6th]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 8:58 pm

Wow incredible adds, Julie! Shocked those are very unique and interesting! I believe that you must be the greatest manatee collector on STS! congrats on them all. you may even have as many foxes as Rogerio one day. I am very happy for you. Smile sunny

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 9:04 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
Wow incredible adds, Julie! Shocked  those are very unique and interesting! I believe that you must be the greatest manatee collector on STS! congrats on them all. you may even have as many foxes as Rogerio one day. I am very happy for you. Smile sunny

Thank you very much, Lance Very Happy Yes, I truly hope to have all Sirenia figurines one day! cheers And I love foxes very much as well, such as so many other animals.. It's hard to make choices what to collect and what not Razz

Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 8:35 am

I love that BRB red fox! You are so lucky! Very Happy I know the feeling of being lucky in thrift stores or flea markets, and isn't it great!? cheers I bet you know that exiting feeling also... you are lucky so many times! xD

and wow, your Sea cow collection is growing! Shocked Hurrraayy! I love you bounce

Congrats Julie!!! <3

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Beatrice, so many new figures! Very Happy It is great to see your fox collection growing, Alfi fox is one of these less known foxes that must belong to a fox collection. Very interesting also that BRB fox, very huge actually so I can informe you that the largest fox of your collection is much larger than mine that is the Toy Major. Laughing
I like also this new taste for sea cow figurines, it is not usual that someone choose such an unusual and playful creature to collect. You must open a topic with your whole siernia. Wink flower

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]   Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02] - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 24.02]
Page 20 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next